Who do you guys think will do number one? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who do you guys think will do number one?

miamikid92

PHINS'09!! :D
Reaction score
In the draft who do you guys think the niners will draft?

If the Niners stay in their pick, then I think it likely that they will take a QB from the state of California. I'm just not sure if they would prefer the local guy or the big city prospect.

I just read this in Peter Kings MMQB column...

I asked San Francisco GM Terry Donahue: It's ridiculously premature, but what are you going to do with the first pick in the draft? "We've got so many needs,'' Donahue said, "that we're going to assess who is the best player in the draft and take him -- whether it's a quarterback, left tackle, running back, whatever. The unfortunate thing for us -- and what else is new this year, with everything that's gone wrong for us -- is that there really isn't that franchise player in the draft. So I doubt any team would give us a slew of picks for our top pick. I just don't see it happening.'' But what if Leinart takes his Heisman and enters the draft early? "Having not really done all our homework yet, obviously it would be a hard question to answer. But I don't think so. In terms of athleticism, he doesn't appear to be Carson Palmer. When Leinart gets flushed to the right, it's hard for him to make a play. I'm not sure he'd be a good fit for us.''

I think Donahue will change his tune after watching the Orange Bowl tonight.

If Leinart declares then Leinart. If not, then Rodgers. I think it's that simple for them.

Donahue is out now, so you can probably disregard that interview. More than likely, they'll go with Leinart or Rodgers, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards go there. WR might be a bigger need in SF, where they were high on Tim Rattay not that long ago.

SMadison29 said:
If Leinart declares then Leinart. If not, then Rodgers. I think it's that simple for them.
i think leinhart has it about as good as carrol does at USC. i think he'll be back for another year! ;)

If (when) Leinart declares. I'd be surprised if the niners aren't talking contract before draft day even comes around...get him in camp quicker.

The have so need to upgrade at so many positions don't rule out the possibilty of them picking a HB or even a deffensive player. QB's ushually go earlier then most positions this early in the draft so I still think they will pick Matt Lienart or Aaron Rodgers.

Back
Top Bottom