Who else is tired of playing not to lose | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who else is tired of playing not to lose

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
It might work against average or bad teams, but if we play a good team it is going to hurt us. The game plans these guys come up with are atrocious. When it's 3rd and 6, why do we throw the ball 2yards? We have got to start playing to win the game. Why did it take to the middle of the 4th quarter for us to get aggressive on defense? :err:

It seems like we play this way most of the time in the 2nd half. So far it hasn't really come back to hurt us, but it did in the one point loss to the Texans.

so far so good, but is going to bite us, and when it does, it's going to hurt bad.

I'm not thrilled with our OC in general or his playcalling, i'd like to go down field more. Far too much dink and dunk. I know that's what Pennington excells at, but i'm confident he can do more. It's moreso his situational play calling that bothers me. Like when we had 3rd and 4 or whatever and we throw a 2 yard crossing route. Makes no sense. If you go back and examine this season you could find many situational play calls that leave you scratching your head. Also, no I don't like playing Wannyball. I don't mind close games if we win, but that don't mean i'm comfortable just sitting on a lead either.

We didn't really get many plays on offense due to the long niner drives. I think its hard to say what we did wrong because there wasn't a lot of anything. But I agree we stop attacking when we get a lead.

Please explain to me how we played not to lose today. We threw more it seemed than trying to run in the second half, that is when we finally got the ball back from the niners.

Or is this just the typical thread to find anything possible to whine about!

Chad Pennington is who he is. He throws the safe and short pass every time over the iffy deeper pass. Its just who he is and how he plays. Love him or hate him though, it's just nice to see a 0 in the INT column after a game. Im not used to it.

We are winning, but the games are so boring to watch. I thought the patriots game was exciting, but we lost. I guess a win is a win.

Back
Top Bottom