Who else is tired of playing not to lose | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who else is tired of playing not to lose

Some of it might reflect Chads willingness to take chances as well. Some of the throws he makes early on, he could be second guessing in the second half, and to some extent, throttling back in his risk assessment, thus magnifying the conservative measure of Henning's intent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not thrilled with our OC in general or his playcalling, i'd like to go down field more. Far too much dink and dunk. I know that's what Pennington excells at, but i'm confident he can do more. It's moreso his situational play calling that bothers me. Like when we had 3rd and 4 or whatever and we throw a 2 yard crossing route. Makes no sense. If you go back and examine this season you could find many situational play calls that leave you scratching your head. Also, no I don't like playing Wannyball. I don't mind close games if we win, but that don't mean i'm comfortable just sitting on a lead either.

The 2 TD passes weren't dink and dunk

It might work against average or bad teams, but if we play a good team it is going to hurt us. The game plans these guys come up with are atrocious. When it's 3rd and 6, why do we throw the ball 2yards? We have got to start playing to win the game. Why did it take to the middle of the 4th quarter for us to get aggressive on defense? :err:

I don't know, I think I was more tired of losing last year then I am of winning this year....

Or stop crying about stupid stuff. :err:

I think that the game plan depends on who we will be playing. We will probably be conservative against the chiefs next week, but when we play the jets, we will probably be more agressive.

if there's something we should not complain about is our coaching staff...they've taken a 1 and 15 team and is now 9 and 5....the coaching staff deserves a ton of credit

Ozzy rules!!

That 3rd down pitch play I thought they got too conservative. Normally on 3rd and short they'll have Pennington throw it but instead they ran it again.

Please explain to me how we played not to lose today. We threw more it seemed than trying to run in the second half, that is when we finally got the ball back from the niners.

Or is this just the typical thread to find anything possible to whine about!

Don't be fooled the Niners aren't the same Niners they were a month ago. They play hard and extremely well coached right now. I watched their earlier games and they were awful. Once Mike took over they finishe out plays and have been playing with a lot of emotion.

Love the heart this defense is playing with and they are much improved and gelling at the right time. I haven't thought much of Channing Crowder and thought he was extremely under rated but he's playing lights out right now. He and Akin really seem to be getting confortable playing side by side and have really helped this defense turn the corner. That penalty on Akin for unsportsman like was B.S.

To hold the Niner without a touchdown is truely amazing considering the time they spent on the field today. There was a lot of jawing on both sides going at it and some major pad pounding going on. Great game to watch, games we normaly lost in years past but for some reason never thought Niners ever had chance must like the Bills game. This team is having fun and playing as a team. Miami has a great foundation set to build this team into a continous play off contender.

so far so good, but is going to bite us, and when it does, it's going to hurt bad.

yes it will we need to stop being conservative because this was our problem back in 1998 , and 1999 we just barely beat the bad teams and then we would get beat in the playoffs becuase of it.

this is all we are right now talent wise, this is not the BCS so it does not matter

If we played like that the next 2 weeks, 3 weeks thru the playoffs and win the Super Bowl playing this way....yeh I dont give a crap how we win.

That 3rd down pitch play I thought they got too conservative. Normally on 3rd and short they'll have Pennington throw it but instead they ran it again.

I liked the run call due to the fact we were trying to wear down the clock,and it was only a yard. I didn't like that it was a pitch though, don't want to lose yards when we r near the edge of our kickers range.

Also, the reason why some of these games are so close is because we dont necessarily have the horses to blow teams out. We have some talent on both sides of the ball, no doubt. But we're not even close to being the most talented team in the NFL.

If anything, that should make everyone happy because:

a) perhaps the right coaching staff/front office is in place
b) we have some young players to build around

I tell you what I'm tired of....whining fans. We are in the hunt for the PLAYOFFS...a year ago we would have laughed at the thought as would have everyone else. Quit bitching and start supporting!!! A win in the NFL is a W on the record sheet..thats all that matters!! Go Phins!

We are winning, but the games are so boring to watch. I thought the patriots game was exciting, but we lost. I guess a win is a win.

Boring my @ss, i just about have a heart attack every week. lol

Back
Top Bottom