Who here is crossing your fingers every time you see fins news hoping ricky isnt tra. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who here is crossing your fingers every time you see fins news hoping ricky isnt tra.

FakeSpike13 said:
heh... threads like these make me laugh. Saban brought Ricky back for the sole purpose most likely of inflating his value and trading for the best offer possible. And most of us agreed with this plan this time last year. Now that the plan seems to be going along perfectly, everyone is like "no ricky is worth more than a 2nd rder." Give me a break. Saban didn't draft Ronnie to be a part time back for the first 3-4 years of his career with someone who is one year removed from quitting on football, his team, and quite frankly civilized life. Get him out of here already please!

agreed. Ricky said that he had like two years left in him when he returned. If we can get a second-rounder for that, then you do it. I was hoping for more than Denver's low second round pick. I'd like to see something on the 1st-2nd round border (like Denver's #29 pick), but then again, I'm just being greedy

If we can get a late first or a second, goodbye Ricky. Let Ronnie start and try to stabilize a position of weakness this year. Give the kid a year to learn so that in two years we make our serious run at the title. If it happens sooner all the better.

As for wanting news, I'm with you on that one. I look at the same threads and news articles just for something to do at work somedays. I can't wait for the combine, end of Feb and then FA period starts Mar.3rd. Can't wait to see where this great franchise goes next.

I agree with you 100%.

Anyone who says "trade Ricky" or "they've always hated him", or holds any grudge to him whatsoever for past issues are simply insecure with themselves and don't care what's best for the team they say they support.

BLITZKRIEG said:
I haven't heard Saban say that. Until I do, I don't believe it...

Personally, I think Saban wanted Ricky back because he knows how great he is, and how valuable / important he is to the Phinz success....

I think most of us agreed, but at the time were assuming that Ronnie would be ready to step in...alone. I don't think he is, and he needs another year of sharing carries w/ Ricky before we can honestly know for sure....

Ricky is worth more than that, and everyone knows it. Hell, didn't the Titans get RB T. Henry for a 2nd round pick last year?? Offering a 2nd for Ricky is an insult my friend....

And the Chiefs didn't draft L. Johnson to sit behind P. Holmes forever either. But it did take LJ a few years to adjust, and get to where he is today. Same difference with Ronnie / Ricky IMO. Ronnie's day will come, but it's too soon to force him into the lone back role...

People need to starting using their melon, and think. Ricky / Ronnie could lead us to the promise land. The hell with these trades!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!!
Couldnt have said it any better my friend!!:yeahthat:

jac3477 said:
traded!

This CANNOT happen, a 2nd rounder is not good enough for ricky williams, in fact a 1st rounder isnt good enough for ricky williams. unfortunately, if ricky leaves, we will all miss him when hes gone. he is the most stable guy on the offense. you can talk all about his past, but the truth is there is a sense of calm when i see the ball handed off to ricky. hes faster than ever, just as strong, and his work ethic is second to none from what i hear. hes cheap, he doenst care about being cheap, or sharing the load, or not being the star. in fact he likes those things..and hey guess what, ronnie brown has proven that he can be succesful under a 2 back system. not to mention he and ricky get along great and have both expressed a dersire to play together next year. plus. who better to lead for our young rb than a guy with stand up work ethic, who isnt asking for the big bucks, who is a great overall running back.

It is STUPID to base ones opinion on the situation on rickys play versus the play of a potential 1st rounder for us. rickys overall VALUE to this team CANT be beat! i LOVE what nick saban is doing, and i knw he understand the situation better than i do...but i hope ricky williams stays on this football team...

one last thing we all need to understand...Ricky is finally a happy guy, you see him out there aughing and smiling and little by little he became more a part of this team as the season progressed. ricky has done what many of us always talk about, learned from his mistakes, and used that knowledge to better himself. this is not the same guy who quit on us, hes a lot smarter, a lot calmer, and a lot more secure. It is unfortunate that many cannot see that bc they are still too busy nailing him to the wall bc of his past, but the truth is clear...ricky williams is a stand up guy, hes a phenomenal football player and athlete, and most of all..in a world where sports are a business...he doesnt care about money, fame, or the spot light. After all, wernt we all going mad when ronnie held out for more money and got an outrageous contract, pleading the case that these football players should be rational and understand they are getting ridiculous amounts of money? ricky williams is THAT football player..

CMON FINS FANS, what the hell more do you want!? :fire:

Every man has a price.

jac3477 said:
traded!

This CANNOT happen, a 2nd rounder is not good enough for ricky williams, in fact a 1st rounder isnt good enough for ricky williams. unfortunately, if ricky leaves, we will all miss him when hes gone. he is the most stable guy on the offense. you can talk all about his past, but the truth is there is a sense of calm when i see the ball handed off to ricky. hes faster than ever, just as strong, and his work ethic is second to none from what i hear. hes cheap, he doenst care about being cheap, or sharing the load, or not being the star. in fact he likes those things..and hey guess what, ronnie brown has proven that he can be succesful under a 2 back system. not to mention he and ricky get along great and have both expressed a dersire to play together next year. plus. who better to lead for our young rb than a guy with stand up work ethic, who isnt asking for the big bucks, who is a great overall running back.

It is STUPID to base ones opinion on the situation on rickys play versus the play of a potential 1st rounder for us. rickys overall VALUE to this team CANT be beat! i LOVE what nick saban is doing, and i knw he understand the situation better than i do...but i hope ricky williams stays on this football team...

one last thing we all need to understand...Ricky is finally a happy guy, you see him out there aughing and smiling and little by little he became more a part of this team as the season progressed. ricky has done what many of us always talk about, learned from his mistakes, and used that knowledge to better himself. this is not the same guy who quit on us, hes a lot smarter, a lot calmer, and a lot more secure. It is unfortunate that many cannot see that bc they are still too busy nailing him to the wall bc of his past, but the truth is clear...ricky williams is a stand up guy, hes a phenomenal football player and athlete, and most of all..in a world where sports are a business...he doesnt care about money, fame, or the spot light. After all, wernt we all going mad when ronnie held out for more money and got an outrageous contract, pleading the case that these football players should be rational and understand they are getting ridiculous amounts of money? ricky williams is THAT football player..

CMON FINS FANS, what the hell more do you want!? :fire:

I'm for whatever is best for the Miami Dolphins.

If they trade Ricky and get something valuable to build the future of this team then so be it.

say what you want but I saw him win two games by himself for us last year. I saw Ronnie lose two games. Right now there is no comparison between the two. DON'T TRADE RICKY :fire:

FakeSpike13 said:
heh... threads like these make me laugh. Saban brought Ricky back for the sole purpose most likely of inflating his value and trading for the best offer possible. And most of us agreed with this plan this time last year. Now that the plan seems to be going along perfectly, everyone is like "no ricky is worth more than a 2nd rder." Give me a break. Saban didn't draft Ronnie to be a part time back for the first 3-4 years of his career with someone who is one year removed from quitting on football, his team, and quite frankly civilized life. Get him out of here already please!

This statement is false on so many levels.:shakeno: A select few thought the idea of bringning Ricky back to inflate value and trade posted to some threads. Most of them did that b/c they had forgotten how GREAT of a player and running back he truly is.:cooldude: Anyone with one ounce of commen sence and desire to win has no inclination to trade away our best player on offense. :refuse: Our one player who can consistantly take over games. Our one player who can beat almost any D weather they are fast (he can run inside) or weather they are big ( he can bust it outside) weather are aggressive (he cuts back better than anyone in the league) or weather they are passive (he finds and creates holes other backs can't find or make).

Without Ricky we are set to be an average offesne and a dismal offense if Ronnie goes down for any number of games. :( Our passing offense is not near solid enough to make up for not having a running threat. With R and R we should never be at a loss to bring the "threat" if nothing else of a power running game.

As for Ronnie sharing the time with Ricky. Ronnie doesn't mind so why the hell do the fans seem to care so much?:confused: Running backs get dinged up worse than any other position.:wheels: I would rather ricky take a few more of the hits and prolong Ronnies carreer. This isn't madden where just because a guy gets good stats it means he is a better player, this is real life where having the most talent possible on a team at the lowest price for the longest amount of time is what builds winning teams and super bowls.

GET OVER YOUR ESTROGEN DRIVEN, CRYBABY, IMMATURE FEELINGS TOWARD RICKY AND GROW UP. THE PAST IS EXACTLY THAT THE PAST. ALL THAT SHOULD MATTER IS THE FUTURE.:tantrum:

ajajaj said:
This statement is false on so many levels.:shakeno: A select few thought the idea of bringning Ricky back to inflate value and trade posted to some threads. Most of them did that b/c they had forgotten how GREAT of a player and running back he truly is.:cooldude: Anyone with one ounce of commen sence and desire to win has no inclination to trade away our best player on offense. :refuse: Our one player who can consistantly take over games. Our one player who can beat almost any D weather they are fast (he can run inside) or weather they are big ( he can bust it outside) weather are aggressive (he cuts back better than anyone in the league) or weather they are passive (he finds and creates holes other backs can't find or make).

Without Ricky we are set to be an average offesne and a dismal offense if Ronnie goes down for any number of games. :( Our passing offense is not near solid enough to make up for not having a running threat. With R and R we should never be at a loss to bring the "threat" if nothing else of a power running game.

As for Ronnie sharing the time with Ricky. Ronnie doesn't mind so why the hell do the fans seem to care so much?:confused: Running backs get dinged up worse than any other position.:wheels: I would rather ricky take a few more of the hits and prolong Ronnies carreer. This isn't madden where just because a guy gets good stats it means he is a better player, this is real life where having the most talent possible on a team at the lowest price for the longest amount of time is what builds winning teams and super bowls.

GET OVER YOUR ESTROGEN DRIVEN, CRYBABY, IMMATURE FEELINGS TOWARD RICKY AND GROW UP. THE PAST IS EXACTLY THAT THE PAST. ALL THAT SHOULD MATTER IS THE FUTURE.:tantrum:

Yes all that matters is the future.

Something you are clearly NOT thinking about by carrying the Don't trade Ricky under ANY circumstances flag.

You are the one sounding like the crybaby with your all Caps tantrum. :lol:

Get a grip.

ajajaj said:
Anyone with one ounce of commen sence and desire to win has no inclination to trade away our best player on offense.

Speculation here, but what happens if Nick does trade him?

GCD960 said:
Speculation here, but what happens if Nick does trade him?

I guess that will mean Nick Saban dosen't have an ounce of sense....... at least in ajajaj's little world.

FakeSpike13 said:
PRESUMPTIOUS: just because SABAN hasn't explicitly said that he brought him back to trade him, doesn't mean that wasn't a major option.

Doesn't mean it was either. Saban knew that we needed a RB like Ricky, and that's why he talked him into returning. Saban simply wanted to have the most talent on our roster as possible. We still owned Ricky, so what could it hurt to see if he'd be willing to change his mind and come back right???...

I don't think Saban's had any intention of bringing Ricky back, just so he could trade him after one productive season. I think Saban wants to win, and he knows having two starting RB's is better than one....

It's like you are adopting a 2nd grade mentality: "Oh, he didn't say it so it can't be..." Read between the lines with a guy as secretive as Saban, who says a whole bunch of nothing in 90% of his interviews...

Call it what you want. Saban has not stated he's going to use Ricky as trade bait. All of this trade talk going on are merely rumors spread by outside sources. Saban said he'd "open the door and listen to offers", but since day one Saban has done nothing but praise Ricky, and his importance to the Phinz franchise....

ADDITIONALLY, the LJ-RB situations are completely different...
Ronnie was drafted #2 overall and brought in to be a star. LJ was drafted in the late 1st round behind an incumbent star Priest and was more of a value pick

Johnson was more of a "value pick"...BWAHAHA!!!!! BWAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Believe it or not, LJ was brought in to be a star just like Ronnie. Where they were drafted in round one is meaningless.

The only reason why LJ got a shot was Priest got hurt

Yeah, I suppose after drafting him in the first round, DV's only intentions were to sit him on the bench, and never use him. Afterall, they weren't even conisdering Holmes getting injured again at the time.....

Running backs dont need to adjust into the starting role like QBs in the NFL do

That may be so, but what proof do we have that Ronnie is ready to take complete control over the running game. I haven't seen any yet, and that's why I don;t think it would be wise to trade Ricky right now. It's just my own personal opinion ofcourse...

SORRY man i can't agree with anything you said. it's just so off

I feel the same about your opinions. To each his own I guess....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Alright, I have heard just about enough of this. Look, I like Ricky Williams. After he retired no one was angrier than I was. When he came back I forgave him and cheered his name when he rushed for 175 yards against the Titans. At this point in time I have no problem with Ricky Williams and I would love to have him on the roster next year. HOWEVER... How can you weigh Ricky vs a first or even a second round pick? Ricky has publicly stated that he will only be in football for at the most another three years. Yes, he is an incredble player who can single handedly win games for us. However we all need to have paitence. I think alot of "Ricky-Huggers" are under the assumption that Ricky can help us get to the superbowl. Sure, no argument there. Now let me ask some of the Ricky-Huggers; how did you like our secondary last year? How about our quarterback? Thats what I thought... Now imagine how the answer to those questions would change when you saw Michael Huff back there or Jay Cutler under center? Also, keep in mind the fact that we have Ronnie, who has proved that he can be at the very least a capable starter, at the very best a star running back who will give defensive coordinaters nightmares. Now that Ronnie has a year under his belt, I say it is time to cut him loose on defenses, prove that he is worth the second overall pick and more. Rickys value comes not only with his skills but also his salary. Ricky is the answer to a team like Denver; they have two first round picks and they are just now trying to make that final push over the top, Ricky would catopolt them over. I do not mean to insult anybody but I find it incredible how some people here can even compare the value of Ricky to the value of a first round pick. Is it possible there could be a Dan Marino sitting in the bottom of the first round? I dont know, but there is somebody who will be a star player for us for years to come. I garuntee you, when Michael Huff(or whatever first round DB) picks off a pass to seal our first Superbowl win in thirty years you will not remember the name Ricky Williams

I am all for trading Ricky. That is not to deny his work ethic of the past year or his value as a runner. But there are plenty of young studs available in the second round of the draft and why not trade Ricky now while he has some value for a guy who can help the team for many years to come? At best how many good years does RW have left? Two? Maybe if we get real lucky four. Let's grab a 22 year old to be trained in the Saban way who will be on our team for the next decade.

Back
Top Bottom