Who here thinks RS is dealing with TB behind closed doors? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who here thinks RS is dealing with TB behind closed doors?

dreamz4fins

Practice Squad
Reaction score
They're really hush hush about the WR situation, don't you think?
Who thinks we're already negotiating for Keenan, especially with this whole talk
about wale's replacement?

I don't know if we would pay the price for Keenan especially cause Bruce Allen is going to try to make a example of how he deals with hold outs for the future.
I think by mentioning replacements we are also playing head games with Wale to let him know he can be replaced but I think he'll sign.

If we trade our Pro-Bowl defensive end for an old WR, who's already seen his best years, that will be the final straw. We don't need him. We need to get a guy that we don't have to give an arm and a leg as compensation.

I strongly believe that Rick is a bright one, believe it or not, and not signing Freeman when he had the chance should tell you something; at the least not to jump the gun like our QB situation, even though I believe Feeley is our future star. With all those other teams trying for Keenan, its smart not to even discuss the Keenan situation.

taylorj99 said:
If we trade our Pro-Bowl defensive end for an old WR, who's already seen his best years, that will be the final straw. We don't need him. We need to get a guy that we don't have to give an arm and a leg as compensation.
Relax bro....Spielman isn't a moron either. I'm sure there isn't going to be a straight up McCardell for Ogun scenario(that would be really stupid). Maybe McCardell and a draft pick for Ogun or something to that effect.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Relax bro....Spielman isn't a moron either. I'm sure there isn't going to be a straight up McCardell for Ogun scenario(that would be really stupid). Maybe McCardell and a draft pick for Ogun or something to that effect.
I definitely agree with you as well. I really do.

I think we are talking to many teams and a deal will happen with Ogun right before the season and teams make there cuts. think Lawyer Milloy. Everyone thinks Tampa is the team but i think there are teams like Chicago and Minnesota (RB?). Now minny and chicago were not willing to deal a 1st and 3rd but maybe a player they were going to cut anyways and there #1 for Ogun. chicago doesnt have much cap space though.

Minny had Bruce Smith in camp just to check things out and they seem to have holes at DE, Ogun would be perfect for them and they do have 3 good RB's.

finfan54 said:
I think we are talking to many teams and a deal will happen with Ogun right before the season and teams make there cuts. think Lawyer Milloy. Everyone thinks Tampa is the team but i think there are teams like Chicago and Minnesota (RB?). Now minny and chicago were not willing to deal a 1st and 3rd but maybe a player they were going to cut anyways and there #1 for Ogun. chicago doesnt have much cap space though.

Minny had Bruce Smith in camp just to check things out and they seem to have holes at DE, Ogun would be perfect for them and they do have 3 good RB's.
Send Rick a letter, sounds like a plan. I really do think O-Gun is a little over rated. He's good but without JT, I think he would be just another DE.

Whoever said anything about trading Ogun for MCCardell? We're waiting to see if TB releases the guy (to clear 2.5 from their roster). It may take a 5th rounder to secure the deal and guarantee he's a phin. Also we need to make sure he's happy this year financially or he'll just become our headache. I believe Rick has already set the terms of the trade (5th rounder) and is currently negotiating with Keenan on a two year deal. Keenan wants 4.5 mil a year. That ain't happenin. But a front loaded deal where he makes 4 this year and 2 next year could swing the thing in our favor.

miamirw said:
Whoever said anything about trading Ogun for MCCardell? We're waiting to see if TB releases the guy (to clear 2.5 from their roster). It may take a 5th rounder to secure the deal and guarantee he's a phin. Also we need to make sure he's happy this year financially or he'll just become our headache. I believe Rick has already set the terms of the trade (5th rounder) and is currently negotiating with Keenan on a two year deal. Keenan wants 4.5 mil a year. That ain't happenin. But a front loaded deal where he makes 4 this year and 2 next year could swing the thing in our favor.
Totally agree with your assessments. I strongly believe Rick is on top of that though. Right now they're trying to pull tricks out of their A**!!

Back
Top Bottom