Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do!

UCF Nation

Active Roster
Reaction score
Most mock drafts have the top LB and DE prospects already taken.

Picking BPA (with team fit being a major consideration) and building from the lines out may be the way to go. You also must take into consideration the limitations of the draft itself. The 2017 draft is thin on offensive line talent, specifically talent that teams can expect to plug-and-play. In contrast, this draft is fairly deep on defensive line and edge talent. Between those two variables and the fact that the best edge and linebacking talents have already been chosen, it would make the most sense for the Dolphins to solidify their line further into the future; perhaps even making theirs one of the best lines in the league. There are several contributors for LB that can be had in the second round - such as Jarrad Davis.

What say you, FH?

I wouldn't argue if the Dolphins drafted Lamp because he would help the running game and help protect Tannehill. Let's not forget, if he is available at the 22nd pick, he maybe the best player on the draft board when they pick. Also, this would be the safest pick because he will be able to start and contribute from day one. :up: Plenty of help in the draft for the defense after the first round.

I'd be extremely happy to finally have a fully functional offensive line, with the addition of Forrest Lamp. I said this in another thread, he's has the least amount of question marks of all the players that may be available @22. He'd give Miami someone who's capable of keeping Ryan Tannehill clean. After all, it's all about the QB. The injury could of been more serious and should act as a wake up call. If Lamp is the pick, then defense can dominate all of the remaining picks.

If the Fins do this and neglect D for the first round then Gase must believe he can utilize ball control and time of possession to help the defense out. He isn't my number 1 choice for round 1 but I couldn't be mad with trying to keep Tannehill alive.

EVERYONE on this board wants Lamp....the question is do we want him at 22?....depends on who's still on the board. Makes no sense that the FO didn't do anything about the guard position(Larsen) but now will take a guard at 22. We need to draft one but I highly doubt it'll be at 22

Ozzy rules!!

i-love-lamp.gif

EVERYONE on this board wants Lamp....the question is do we want him at 22?....depends on who's still on the board. Makes no sense that the FO didn't do anything about the guard position(Larsen) but now will take a guard at 22. We need to draft one but I highly doubt it'll be at 22

Ozzy rules!!

Larsen has started 16 games in only 1 out of 7 seasons
kinda sounds like a career backup, good depth but a career backup nevertheless
but he has experience at center so when Pouncey goes down Larsen might be the next center.

I am a WKU grad but I would want us to trade down before we grab him. I am not big on using a first round draft pick on any guard.

Most mock drafts have the top LB and DE prospects already taken. Picking BPA (with team fit being a major consideration) and building from the lines out may be the way to go. You also must take into consideration the limitations of the draft itself. The 2017 draft is thin on offensive line talent, specifically talent that teams can expect to plug-and-play. In contrast, this draft is fairly deep on defensive line and edge talent. Between those two variables and the fact that the best edge and linebacking talents have already been chosen, it would make the most sense for the Dolphins to solidify their line further into the future; perhaps even making theirs one of the best lines in the league. There are several contributors for LB that can be had in the second round - such as Jarrad Davis. What say you, FH?
To me, it's not "do I want Lamp" - I do. It's "do I want Lamp as opposed to . . . " There are a number of players I'd "love" at #22. Problem is, most of them should be gone at #22. This is, to me, an unusual draft. Of 2-5 players who SHOULD be available at #22, Lamp is one I'd like, which means I can be happy with a number of ways Miami can go. Haven't been able to say that in a while.

covert Lamp into a DE? Bold move

Back
Top Bottom