Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do!

I'm not interested in Lamp at #22. I wouldn't be too upset if we took him though.

Just a side note, Ive been frequenting Finheaven for a dozen years now, and I've never seen Finheaven 1st round draft consensus settle on an offensive lineman until now. Nothing wrong with that, just an observation :up:

I would be more than happy taking Lamp. He fills an immediate need at LG. But, I'm going to sound like everybody else and say let's see who's still on the board at 22. I know one thing....I cannot wait til this draft is over. It's been fun reading all the draft threads and everybody has their favorites, but I just want to see how this whole thing plays out and move on. We better not f**k it up!

Hmmm...the myth of the sorry-assed Dallas defense.

Let it be known that the Cowboy's defense was . . .

. . . the same antiquated scheme we ran and is easily exposed against the top offenses that are to be faced in the postseason.

. . . the same antiquated scheme we ran and is easily exposed against the top offenses that are to be faced in the postseason.

But yes, with different talent on the defense it'll obviously be the exact same defense as last year. Because players don't have any impact on the success of a defense, only the scheme does. We might as well just start Bacari Rambo at safety and Donald Butler at linebacker.

But yes, with different talent on the defense it'll obviously be the exact same defense as last year. Because players don't have any impact on the success of a defense, only the scheme does. We might as well just start Bacari Rambo at safety and Donald Butler at linebacker.

Even with the Cowboy's defensive roster you get the same result in the playoffs.

For what its worth, watching NFL Network Mock Draft and they've got Lamp going to Denver at 20, and us taking Takkarist McKinley.

I believe they were targeting Ramczyk but he had arthroscopic hip surgery to repair a torn labrum in early January. Also Free retired so the Cowboys may move up. that aid, I'd be happy if we took Lamp at 22.

I believe they were targeting Ramczyk but he had arthroscopic hip surgery to repair a torn labrum in early January. Also Free retired so the Cowboys may move up. that aid, I'd be happy if we took Lamp at 22.

They had Ramczyk going to Houston a pick ahead of Seattle. Hawks need to shore up their O-line, just like us. Maybe more....

Haven't paid any attention to draft stuff. We do it year after year like ignoramuses for zero reason other than entertainment, the love of football and, foremost, our team. It's so useless its laughable and worthy of being made fun of like my friends used to make fun of me. We won't know a single thing until season come. Dion Jordan. Need I say more?

Having said that, I still read this forum every single day (hypocrite) lol.

But we are so close, I can't help myself:

Looked up Lamp highlights. Want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. We are thinking of draft an OT to play him at guard? Because the first thing that jumped out at me immediately- HOLY **** AMAZING FOOTWORK. My 1st worry was, he may be susceptible to bulrush.

Needless to say I'm far from an expert but was I watching the wrong Lamp footage? What am I missing? Commenting with the least amount of information of anyone on this forum, drafting this guy to play him at OG is a bring-back-Ireland-why-not move.

I'll say this, if you're going to play him at OG and just have him chop block left and right, do that ****. I saw this guy make the most efficient, amazing chop block I have ever seen and I played Oline:

1:06 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P-fyyVOF8g

Yes, that was a smart play. I'd just like to go into one season where the mantra is not "we are going to start the best 5." So to answer your question with a question about playing him at OT or OG, do you know who our starting guards are now?

You have to think about the draft in a long term/big picture type of way. There is no way to know what any rookie is going to do once they get into the pros, so drafting someone and then thinking they are an automatic starter is a fool's errand. Think about how many busts there have been amongst the top 5 picks in the draft, let alone drafting in the 20's.

So when drafting you have to think of each pick as a probability, with first rounders at about a 50% success rate, and each round getting worse from there.

With that being said, and with the aforementioned big picture in mind, take a look at our defensive starters and tell me where is our young talent? On offense we already have young building blocks in Landry, Tunsil, Ajai (potentially), Parker (hopefully), and some in their prime guys like Tannehill, Stills, Pouncey (injuries though) James. On defense we resigned our old guys and signed a couple old guys from other teams this offseason, to go along with the other old guys we already had under contract. We do have some top level guys on that side in Suh and Jones, players that most any team would be happy to have. Again, where is our YOUNG talent on defense? I liked what I saw from Howard last year, but with his injuries we have not seen enough to know if he is a building block type guy, aside from him there is nothing but hopes and dreams for young talent.

With this being such a defensively loaded draft it would be very smart to spend as many picks on defense as possible to increase the probability that we hit on two, maybe even three foundation type guys for our defense, because "winter is coming" for our defense and we are woefully under prepared.

For my $, I say we spend our first 6 picks (1,2,3,5,5,5) on defense and hope we can get 3 solid guys from there, with the outside chance of getting an All-Pro type in the mix.

GO PHINS!!!

Yes, that was a smart play. I'd just like to go into one season where the mantra is not "we are going to start the best 5." So to answer your question with a question about playing him at OT or OG, do you know who our starting guards are now?

Our running game was beastly last year. Given, Ajayi was a "run through a motherbleepers face ova and ova and ova..." I don't remember a game where I thought to myself our dominating defense, and defense performance alone, won that game.

The overwhelming factor with our OL is health, not ability. Then again, that's another reason to draft.

All I know is the times I have seen arguably the greatest QB ever (chewing back my vomit) and not arguably the greatest franchise ever (now cleaning chunks off of the floor) wherein that team was owned, the opposing team consistently got to the QB. And if you can't get to the QB you have to help your secondary and can't stack the box to help the worst running defense in the league.

I actually agree with the drafting Win Fin mentions. Its absolutely ludicrous but then again is it? The entire concept of the draft is ludicrous.

I have zero answers, infinite questions, and only but a prayer- can we finally have a competent brain trust? Please. Please.

If you look at what the dolphins did in free agency they loaded up on the defensive side of the ball, so Cam Robinson or Forrest Lamp seems like a viable option, remember the injury to Tannehill kinda of forced this pick unless they get it corrected through free agency.

Back
Top Bottom