Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do!

Not disagreeing with what you said, but I am guessing that if the Dolphins are happy with Larson and Bushrod at OG, and possibly a late round OG, then we are probably going to run a lot of zone with a smattering of power added in just to keep the defenses honest. Otherwise, if we were running more power then we would probably need to draft Lamp or another one of the top rated OG's who can do both because zone OG's can be found later in the draft. Is that correct?

We were somehow happy with Dallas Thomas and Bushrod as well. Just saying.

We're not a power running team. Less than 10% (8%) of our runs were power and 78% were inside/outside zone runs. Any type of lineman can be found through out the draft it just depends on the quality you're seeking and fit. Just b/c a lineman is a power/man blocker doesn't mean he goes earlier than a zone lineman.

On second thought...no.

Lets get a guard or two later....I don't see Lamp as Zach Martin...I think he'll be solid, but not an all-pro.

Pass rusher, linebacker, corner or OJ Howard.

Something to remember with Lamp, we probably have a lot more film on him as our staff were big fans (and drafted) a record setting QB that Lamp protected in Brandon Dougherty

Lamp cam slide over to LT in a pinch. If he learns to snap a ball he may even be a good center.

xSoZKjb.png

Averaged 24 points a game against us. The teams that are picking 1 and 2 in the draft put up 48 combined points against us. Our top division rival put up 66 points against us.

And yet, people are again advocating taking offensive lineman. Incredible.

This is a strong point. But I'd counter that with this: One player isn't fixing the defense. One ROOKIE isn't fixing the defense. I'm not even sure Myles Garrett could do that, so I'm definitely skeptical that the players who will be available at 22 are going to do that.

If the best pass rushers fly off the board, and the best safeties fly off the board, and you're stuck looking at Jabrill Peppers and Taco Charlton and yes, even Reuben "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM BITCH?" Foster, well, sign me up for some Lamp. Because I have serious reservations about some of the guys I see mocked to us at 22. I don't pretend to be a draft guru, but I don't think any of those guys are going to suddenly make the 2017 Dolphins defense respectable.

I maintain my belief that there are quality starting guards to be found out there, and that our biggest problem has been an inability to identify potential starters compounded by an inability to cut bait with ****ty players. The fact that Jermon Bushrod of all people came in and did an acceptable job at right guard despite not even being any good at it reinforces my belief that with good tackles outside, we just need guys who are COMPETENT in the middle. Not great, but competent.

And yet, nonetheless, I am willing to embrace the Lamp if those potential game changing defenders have flown off the board.

xSoZKjb.png

Averaged 24 points a game against us. The teams that are picking 1 and 2 in the draft put up 48 combined points against us. Our top division rival put up 66 points against us.

And yet, people are again advocating taking offensive lineman. Incredible.

We don't have the worst safeties in the league. We don't have the worst linebackers in the league. We don't have the worst defensive ends in the league. We don't have the worst corners in the league.

We do have the worst OGs in the league. The worst. This FO reacted smugly to the need and got burned in FA. So here we are. And add on to that that our center has hips that apparently are made of candy corn, which makes our entire interior OL a question mark made of ****. It's a recipe to get your QB killed, your running game stuck behind the LOS and your underpowered defense getting run up and down the field even worse than they already are.

This team is not close to seriously competing. But you can't evaluate **** if the interior of your OL is amateur hour.

I'm torn but we screwed the pooch in neglecting the OL (and defense) last year and the OL again during this year's free agency. Time to pay the piper for bad decisions. Our interior OL is poor but we can't keep ignoring the defense either. That **** can't keep happening if we expect to compete in the playoffs or make them again altogether. Pretty shoddy choices all around really.

Wish i wasnt lazy and would bother to research but how many 1st round picks have we invested in the oline in the last decade to no what avail? Hope some1 will look it up.

And our des, lbs, sfts arent the worst in the league, no. But our run d is.

TO ME, your #1 has to be a glory hog, not a hog (oline r called hogs). Your #1, to me, should b a gamechanger. Unless ur getting those 10 year perenial pro bowl left tackles, #1 pick should b some1 that in 1 play can win/break the game or change the momentum.

Our front office has been terrible at finding those blue collar, hand in the dirt guys in later rounds and that needs to DRASTICALLY change. Hopefully this new regime can fix that. I wouldnt start by going most important pick at OL 2 years str8.

Is Lamp the only guard in the draft that could be a decent starter? Was there any FA guard that could have been an upgrade over the horse **** that we are fielding at the moment? We would've had to overpay... So what? by how much? Say we overpaid someone by 5M per for a couple years, allowing us to draft a pass rusher at 22. Olivier Vernon, who isnt special by any means, just got a 17M per contract. Well your newly drafted pass rusher will cost ****ing peanuts for 5 years. I'll take the 5M overpayment every day of the week and twice on sundays over taking a freaking OL in the 1st round AGAIN!, a guard! I have nothing against Lamp, but it pisses me off that the team keeps putting itself in this position year after year after year, It shouldnt take five 1st rounders to field an acceptable OL...

Wish i wasnt lazy and would bother to research but how many 1st round picks have we invested in the oline in the last decade to no what avail? Hope some1 will look it up.

And our des, lbs, sfts arent the worst in the league, no. But our run d is.

TO ME, your #1 has to be a glory hog, not a hog (oline r called hogs). Your #1, to me, should b a gamechanger. Unless ur getting those 10 year perenial pro bowl left tackles, #1 pick should b some1 that in 1 play can win/break the game or change the momentum.

Our front office has been terrible at finding those blue collar, hand in the dirt guys in later rounds and that needs to DRASTICALLY change. Hopefully this new regime can fix that. I wouldnt start by going most important pick at OL 2 years str8.

Going back even a little further here are all of our rd 1 OL selections from '04 -current:

'04 - Vernon Carey
'08 - Jake Long
'11 - Mike Pouncey
'14 - Ja'Wuan James
'16 - Laremy Tunsil

The silver lining in not drafting Lamp could very well be a career ending injury for Tannehill. This would prevent all future Tannehill is good/garbage threads and save us $17 million to boot.

Win, win, and win....

If it happens, can we not run "I love Lamp" into the ground? I think he is drafts best OL, so to fill biggest need and get that value at 22...c'mon man!!!

Back
Top Bottom