Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do!

The silver lining in not drafting Lamp could very well be a career ending injury for Tannehill. This would prevent all future Tannehill is good/garbage threads and save us $17 million to boot.

Win, win, and win....

Be nice plus lets not burn alot of draft picks on another draft pick

Why no talk about Malik McDowell?

I understand he's a bit larger than the prototypical 4-3 DE, but at 6'6 and 285 pounds, he still has the length and athleticism to play DE in my opinion (and I don't think I'm alone).

He also has the flexibility to slide inside on passing downs to rush the passer. I'd be happy if he was our choice

I get that we've criminally ignored the Guard position for too long (FA, trades, previous mid round picks, etc.), but I just can't get behind spending a 1st round pick on a guard. You always should be getting an "impact" or "game changing" player in the 1st round. Can you really say that about a guard?? He'll make us a lot better on the line, but can we get a true impact player in one of the other areas we need to fill (LB, DE, CB, S, TE)? If there's no true impact players left at 22, then pick Lamp. I just can't imagine there won't be in one of those other spots.

He is a hell of an athlete, but he has a lot of questions concerning his work ethic and me-first attitude off the field.

Cuz most people don't want him. Thats been my experience

He is a hell of an athlete, but he has a lot of questions concerning his work ethic and me-first attitude off the field.

That and the fact he's a bit of a tweener. He doesn't hold up against the run inside all the time, getting turned and "skinny" too often, but lacks some of the agility and burst to consistently beat tackles outside.

It's frustrating to see a kid play like a world beater one game and then disappear against inferior competition a week later.

People take issue with Taco's "effort"

This guy has those issues doubled, along with a really bad attitude. I wouldn't go near him in the first round. The talent is there for him to be an extremely dominant force in this league. However, his low is an out of the league in a few years bust to me. I'm not drafting that in the first round as a playoff team.

Hitting on our first 2-3 picks might be the difference between winning 2-3 games this year. For us in the first round guy's bottom needs to at least be a decent starter.

This is why I like Taco so much. At worst, you're getting an edge setter who will get to the QB, albeit at an inconsistent rate. At best you still have the Pro Bowl potential. Same way I feel about Charles Harris, just the other way around (strength/weakness).

For what is worth(not much) Mayock has Lamp going to us at 22 on his last mock. Like Lamp but hoping for an impact dynamic pass rushing DE at 22. Hoping Harris is there for us at 22 and then guard at 54

Ozzy rules!!

It's a weak offensive line class. Lamp can't make Tannehill a top QB.

I'm not T Hill hater, I like his toughness. Reality, he's always been a desperation reach pick and cost Miami Luke Kuechly and for that matter Russell Wilson.

"WEAKNESSES Footwork and technique are a mess. Plays with inconsistent base width and overall balance. Struggles to keep feet clean and ends up on the ground. Lines up in narrow, three-point stance from interior and struggles to fight back against down blocks and double teams. Can be washed out of his gap too often. High center of gravity made interior work a challenge at times. Can bend, but lets high pad level get the best of him. Doesn't consistently utilize his length with first hands. Has to become better at controlling the point of attack with his natural attributes. Needs to punch and control rather than leaning on blockers. Production doesn't match up with the traits and the talent. Scouts concerned about work ethic and leadership."

"WEAKNESSES Footwork and technique are a mess. Plays with inconsistent base width and overall balance. Struggles to keep feet clean and ends up on the ground. Lines up in narrow, three-point stance from interior and struggles to fight back against down blocks and double teams. Can be washed out of his gap too often. High center of gravity made interior work a challenge at times. Can bend, but lets high pad level get the best of him. Doesn't consistently utilize his length with first hands. Has to become better at controlling the point of attack with his natural attributes. Needs to punch and control rather than leaning on blockers. Production doesn't match up with the traits and the talent. Scouts concerned about work ethic and leadership."

Don't forget to credit the copy and paste.

link: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/malik-mcdowell?id=2557970

High probability that we take a Defensive Tackle with one of our Draft picks. McDowell is a legit candidate although I'd prefer another need was addressed with the 1st round pick. It will be interesting if the Dolphins professional evaluators rate him highly.

Back
Top Bottom