Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do! | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do!

High probability that we take a Defensive Tackle with one of our Draft picks. McDowell is a legit candidate although I'd prefer another need was addressed with the 1st round pick. It will be interesting if the Dolphins professional evaluators rate him highly.

I think it will be especially interesting considering we've invested in a motivational sports psychologist to weed out players almost specifically like McDowell.

"WEAKNESSES Footwork and technique are a mess. Plays with inconsistent base width and overall balance. Struggles to keep feet clean and ends up on the ground. Lines up in narrow, three-point stance from interior and struggles to fight back against down blocks and double teams. Can be washed out of his gap too often. High center of gravity made interior work a challenge at times. Can bend, but lets high pad level get the best of him. Doesn't consistently utilize his length with first hands. Has to become better at controlling the point of attack with his natural attributes. Needs to punch and control rather than leaning on blockers. Production doesn't match up with the traits and the talent. Scouts concerned about work ethic and leadership."

If Gase and company agree with this assessment, no chance they take him.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

I understand he's a bit larger than the prototypical 4-3 DE, but at 6'6 and 285 pounds, he still has the length and athleticism to play DE in my opinion (and I don't think I'm alone).

He also has the flexibility to slide inside on passing downs to rush the passer. I'd be happy if he was our choice

Is there any tape of him playing DE? All the footage I've seen of him is an interior defender on a 4 man line.

I get that we've criminally ignored the Guard position for too long (FA, trades, previous mid round picks, etc.), but I just can't get behind spending a 1st round pick on a guard. You always should be getting an "impact" or "game changing" player in the 1st round. Can you really say that about a guard?? He'll make us a lot better on the line, but can we get a true impact player in one of the other areas we need to fill (LB, DE, CB, S, TE)? If there's no true impact players left at 22, then pick Lamp. I just can't imagine there won't be in one of those other spots.

Once again, I'll use the Cowboys drafting o-line in the 1st round, back to back, as an example of how the o-line can impact the entire team.

Their running game, due in large part to the o-line, helped make a mid round QB an MVP candidate, and a defense marginally better than ours-top 5 in rushing.

I submit that the defense is already better than last year with the FA signings and the return of Jones.

The choice we are faced with if we want to become a defensively juggernaut is do we want to be the Eagles with Reggie White and Jerome Brown, or the Ravens with Ray Lewis and Ed Reid.

Jane meet Tarzan, Tarzan meet Jane. He may in all seriousness go to Interior lineman if he gets drafted.

It's a weak offensive line class. Lamp can't make Tannehill a top QB.

I'm not T Hill hater, I like his toughness. Reality, he's always been a desperation reach pick and cost Miami Luke Kuechly and for that matter Russell Wilson.

I won't even go into who/what can make Tannehill a top QB...

I will say that a shaky interior o-line coupled with a potential dismal running game because of that shaky interior, will turn Tannehill into the high yardage/low TD QB he's been most of his short career.

Is there any tape of him playing DE? All the footage I've seen of him is an interior defender on a 4 man line.

He didn't have a full time position so his time at DE was sporadic. His '16 game vs ND had a decent amount of looks with most of them coming at the end of each half vs high percentage passing situations.

[video=youtube;ZfC1c8zwCVU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfC1c8zwCVU[/video]

Plays DE @ minute marks:
2:35
3:31
3:40
3:50
4:12
7:34
7:59
8:07
8:14

*7:00 - receives an unsportsmanlike penalty after ND scores.

If it happens, can we not run "I love Lamp" into the ground? I think he is drafts best OL, so to fill biggest need and get that value at 22...c'mon man!!!

It will happen if the Dolphins draft him. It will be annoying, especially from the national media.

I don't see any validity to his weaknesses listed. I watched the Voch Lombardi YouTube and Malik was consistently whoopin' ass with like two moves basically. The negativity surrounding him has no tangible evidence, just hearsay. NFL. com ran an article where an anonymous team official said he had the worst interview ever...Really?

I want to say that we once took a dlineman Demetrius Underwood(?), a known head case who was seen wandering the streets, maybe naked, maybe he stabbed himself, screaming something about Where are you God!?! But Malik probably just butt hurt some coach just being Malik and is now being black balled for not being pc enough.

Either way, they're lynching that kid's character when they should be kissing his ass for the production on the field, imo...Hope we take him and he balls.

Risky Move

I think we should pick Gareon Conley with our 7th round pick . From reading into the incident, it has a Laremy Tunsil type feel to it . From what I read Conley's people are saying the woman is just mad she was kicked out of some type of party or event in a hotel that Gareon was having . Which is kind of believable if you think about it . And I just don't want to end up like we did with the Collins situation were he fall in the draft and we could have got a 1st round talent for a 7th round pick . Plus the woman has not even pressed charges but went public. Which is strange because most times if a rape victim is raped and they don't report it to the police they also don't tell anyone either . WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR I DO NOT CONDONE RAPE ! Just seems alil fishy to me imho.

I don't see any validity to his weaknesses listed. I watched the Voch Lombardi YouTube and Malik was consistently whoopin' ass . . .

Highlights with commentary is not an evaluation. Just saying.

Also his squabbles with teammates and coaches is well documented, it's not simply hearsay or based off one unanimous scout.

If they don't have any evidence (semen, abrasions, empty swisher sweet packages X)) then he should be able to sue the police or newspaper who leaked this for the residual loss incurred.

Can't believe we didn't pull an Al Davis with Lael Collins ala Bo Jackson. Kinda sad and pathetic nobody had the balls to throw in a token 7th on Collins.

I think we should pick Gareon Conley with our 7th round pick . From reading into the incident, it has a Laremy Tunsil type feel to it . From what I read Conley's people are saying the woman is just mad she was kicked out of some type of party or event in a hotel that Gareon was having . Which is kind of believable if you think about it . And I just don't want to end up like we did with the Collins situation were he fall in the draft and we could have got a 1st round talent for a 7th round pick . Plus the woman has not even pressed charges but went public. Which is strange because most times if a rape victim is raped and they don't report it to the police they also don't tell anyone either . WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR I DO NOT CONDONE RAPE ! Just seems alil fishy to me imho.

Collins forced his way into being a UDFA by vowing not to sign with any team that drafted him in the late rds.

Back
Top Bottom