Who I think teams will covet top of the first | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who I think teams will covet top of the first

Kebo

I'm your huckleberry
Reaction score
Jets. Trevor Lawrence
Jags. Justin Fields
Bengals. Peneii Sewell
Falcons. Rousseau
Chargers. Parsons
Cowboys. Surtain
Panthers. Chase
Lions. Not sure

I think Smith or Waddle will be there, not sure who else we would even consider.

Jets. Trevor Lawrence
Jags. Justin Fields
Bengals. Peneii Sewell
Falcons. Rousseau
Chargers. Parsons
Cowboys. Surtain
Panthers. Chase
Lions. Not sure

I think Smith or Waddle will be there, not sure who else we would even consider.
With a new coach in Detroit, I don't think quarterback is off the table.

I would not consider Waddle until second round.
Kyle Pitts or DeVonta if we go receiver.
Waddle is probably one of the best if not the best players in this draft. If you're not considering him until the second you have no idea how to grade players.

Waddle is probably one of the best if not the best players in this draft. If you're not considering him until the second you have no idea how to grade players.
I like Waddle but to play Devils Advocate: He is a 5'10" WR projected as a slot, he is coming off an injury, he was an afterthought on their offense last year with Ruggs, Smith and Jeudy, limited sample size as he got hurt a few games into the season.

That is a lot to take in to project him as the next Tyreeke Hill. I agree he will go in the 1st but I am taking Chase and Smith before him, less question marks with those two.

I don't think Waddle is just a slot.

I think he can play all over the formation a la Odell Beckham who had a similar size/speed combo.

Beckham was heavier at the Combine than Waddle is listed at but physically they are pretty similar.

I think Waddle is being underrated due to his injury and Smith going nuts since he went down.

He will be an steal outside the top 20.

I don't think Waddle is just a slot.

I think he can play all over the formation a la Odell Beckham who had a similar size/speed combo.

Beckham was heavier at the Combine than Waddle is listed at but physically they are pretty similar.

I think Waddle is being underrated due to his injury and Smith going nuts since he went down.

He will be an steal outside the top 20.

Beckham does not have similar speed as Waddle. Beckham is closer to Devonta Smith in terms of speed. Both are 4.4 guys, maybe high 4.3’s on a good day.

Waddle is just as fast as Henry Ruggs, who has run a 4.27.

In 2019 they raced each other to a dead heat.

Last edited:
They have a QB. Matthew Stafford

Strong possibility we see that guy twice a year for the rest of his career. He has New England written all over him. He’s done with Detroit and Detroit is done with him. Regardless of the new coach.

I like Waddle but to play Devils Advocate: He is a 5'10" WR projected as a slot, he is coming off an injury, he was an afterthought on their offense last year with Ruggs, Smith and Jeudy, limited sample size as he got hurt a few games into the season.

That is a lot to take in to project him as the next Tyreeke Hill. I agree he will go in the 1st but I am taking Chase and Smith before him, less question marks with those two.
I don't recall ever protecting him to be the next Hill. Not sure where that came from.

Strong possibility we see that guy twice a year for the rest of his career. He has New England written all over him. He’s done with Detroit and Detroit is done with him. Regardless of the new coach.
But Detroit no longer has two Belichick lackeys running things so they won't gift wrap him for the Pats.Plus his cap number next year is 35 million, although he is only owed 20 million in actual salary.Detroit would carry 25 million in dead money as well.

I would think the new HC would rather have Stafford in place for a year while he gets settled and then you think about the future QB in 21-22 when his dead cap is a mere 10 million.

Back
Top Bottom