Who is the fourth best WR in the draft? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is the fourth best WR in the draft?

Speaking of, what do you think of Elijah Moore?
I would like to know Rondale Moores situation. The kid was phenomenal as a Freshman, got hurt and now nothing. If he is healthy and has a good combine I think he would be perfect in the slot and could be explosive in the Tyreek Hill mold, akin to getting Waddle but at a discount rate.

I would love Waddle but if we somehow get the third pick and cannot trade down, take a Sewell then a guy like Moore could be there at 1B if not 2A. I see Chase, Smith, Waddle and possibly Bateman gone by our 1B pick. I think Marshall is too much like Parker and Williams and don't know that he compliments them. Maybe Bowden is a keeper for the slot.

What do you think of Toney? That kid has looked impressive in the couple of Fla. games I caught.

I think most people have Bateman as the 4th best WR. I think the combine will have the most say in rating these guys. I love watching the combine.

I think everyone's ratings will be a bit different, but I've got Chase all alone in my first tier, and 5 or 6 in my next tier. No one really knows for sure... and if they claim they do, that is largely narcissism speaking.
I agree with this. Chase's ball skills put him in elite company.

I like the others, too. Tylan Wallace (OK St) is good. Surratt kid from Wake is good. Big kid from Arkansas St is good...the late rounds are going to be interesting.

I don't care about GMs. GM drafted Tua over Herbert and Darnold over Allen and so on. GMs are hardly the measuring stick. Neither is the measuring stick you calling Marshall a scrub. The measuring stick is the numbers.
Waddle's problem is he has not been consistent like a first round pick, he is not a first round pick, as a prospect he is not worth the risks.
You think Mark Sanchez was a good qb.... GMs > You

Smith had been a beast the last two years, and I think the fact that he played this year pushes him ahead of Chase for me. Those are clearly the top two and in a tier by themselves.

didnt love Wallace pulling himself of halftime of a bowl game.

think Bateman is gonna run “slow” at the combine. Could see him dropping after that.

one guy who really improved this year is Toney at Florida. It looks like he actually spent time on his craft and turned into a much better route runner. Dude seems super tough and never goes down on first contact. Seems to be a great teammate, too. Combine is gonna be very interesting. Might be more quick than fast.

i really like Seth Williams and Terrace Marshall and could see Miami targeting one of those guys as insurance for Devante/Preston. Maybe Brennan Eagles or Tammorion Terry later as back up plans.

and then there are guys like Olave and St Brown with predigrees and production that can really wow with a great combine.

needless to say, feel like the combine always makes or breaks the WR board.

I think Bateman is overlooked sometimes because of the 3 above him but we just need route runners IMO and he fits the bill. His hands are great and he's very physical which is a bonus.

If it means we can draft another WR in the 2nd round I'd be more than happy to trade down and get him and extra picks.

I think everyone's ratings will be a bit different, but I've got Chase all alone in my first tier, and 5 or 6 in my next tier. No one really knows for sure... and if they claim they do, that is largely narcissism speaking.
True. So much more to consider than strictly talent. How would they fit in a particular system, as an example.

I generally think Chase is the best receiver in this class, but it's very close with Smith. But I think Smith is a better fit with Tua.

Of course, that's really a guess as well.

I probably put more stock on the stretch the field types, too, since that is what Miami needs badly.

Chris Olave could be the 4th wr taken in the draft. I like Bateman a little more than Olave, but Olave is higher on some boards. If Miami could trade one of the two 1st picks for a pair of 2nd round picks I would love go with either Parsons or Sewell and then add a back, Olave and Bateman in the 2nd round. That would still leave Miami with another 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick to address other needs

Back
Top Bottom