who is this years Egnew?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by allsilverdreams, Aug 17, 2013.

1. allsilverdreams

allsilverdreams Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

with Hard Knocks last year I think Egnew had his azz handed to him by the coaches and part of that was to show the world the coaches mean business .however the kid did warrant some of the trash talking he did get.if they had us on Hard Knocks this year who would be taking the sht storm like Egnew did.i think my Egg this year would be Dallas Thomas:ponder:

2. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

wondering why Thomas.

but its kinda hard to decipher this year because philbin/Ireland clearly have their stamp on this team this year.

I think they may have given Tyms some business and its clear RT was trying to get on same page with him. I think they really want to get this kid to next level because he has size/speed to take Binn's place. He ran the wrong routes a couple times the other night/practice.

3. spiketex

spiketex Kiko, El Bravo 47 - the yappy chihuahua Super Donator Donator

Actually, the rookie who may feel the brunt of it is the one we still haven't seen, Jamar Taylor. He also tweeted how he was homesick, like a little girl, etc. Because Jamar has missed so much practice on the field and there appears to be a fair bit of good CB depth, makes him a pretty good candidate for "an Egnew sized a$$ chewing". However, Coyle may not be quite as cogent in his delivery as Sherman.
    If there is no rookie, Egnew is always an excellent prospect, although with the MMA training, he has clearly improved his self confidence and it's good to see.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2013
  4. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

wow a stupid thread but a far worse post

5. broccoli rob

broccoli rob proud of your boy

Jamar Taylor is definitely a little girl on twitter. I have never seen a professional athlete act like that in my life, it's pathetic and embarrassing

6. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Donator

Why do we even have to find another 'Egnew?' Never got the bashing on him in the first place.

7. TealAttack13

TealAttack13 A True Fan

This years Egnew is Egnew.

8. Daman379

Daman379 Rookie

This years Egnew is Jonathan Martin AKA CupCake!

9. Dolfan4life!

Dolfan4life! A True Fan

The first player that came to my mind (I was thinking in terms of a rookie early-to-mid round pick that probably won't even be on the active roster much this year) was Jelani Jenkins.

10. Smith21

Smith21 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I'd of thought Jelani Jenkins also. Haven't really heard his name at all.

11. Madridista7

Madridista7 Well-Known Member

Jamar may have acted poor over twitter but hes a very talented player. He won't bust like Egnew. Jamar will be a starter for us next year at the latest.

12. 13Dolfan87

13Dolfan87 Scout Team Donator

I feel like I haven't heard about a lot of the rookies so far (other than Jordan, Davis and Bumphis really).

13. Dr. Phin

Dr. Phin Scout Team

I don't think I've heard anyone calling someone a ***** this year like they did last year with Egnew. So, Egnew is this year's Egnew...still...Mr. Drops-a-lot

14. allsilverdreams

allsilverdreams Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

I was not trying to bash anyone just who you think the coaches would be all over due to there potential and lack of production.i like Egnew but Hard Knocks painted a bad picture of him.was it unfair who knows.is this type of bshing by the coaches a normal thing or was it done for entertainment purposes ?WITH THAT SAID I WAS WONDERING WHOS AZZ WOULD HAVE BEEN NAWED OFF THIS YEAR IF WE WERE ON HARD KNOCKS

15. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

I like Taylor. Loved the pick in April, but he needs to contribute.

16. Dolphinator530

Dolphinator530 Well-Known Member

You can correct me if I am wrong but it appears you have never worked close with or been around professional athletes before (especially right after being drafted) because though I work in a different sport athletes can be babies when introduced into the grind that is being a professional athlete for the first time.

I have seen the whole spectrum of emotions from excited and energetic to sad and homesick it happens alot more then you think, he (Taylor) just happened to say it on twitter.

17. PeterNorth

PeterNorth Seasoned Veteran Hammered

Right, which really shines a light on the big takeaway from Taylor's whining on Twitter, which is that if you put things out there for public consumption they are fair game and subject to criticism.

18. finsfanjay13

finsfanjay13 Rookie Donator

I've seen some chatter that we'll see Taylor playing tonight.

19. spiketex

spiketex Kiko, El Bravo 47 - the yappy chihuahua Super Donator Donator

Why the hate for J-Mart? He happens to have one of the biggest challenges on the team and it sounds like he's doing pretty well.

20. flynryan15

flynryan15 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Being away from home for college, college practice and attending classes( well if he went) should have been more then enough to prepare him for the NFL grind. Especially under the new CBA college coaches are allowed to beat on players way more then their NFL counterparts.

21. Dolphinator530

Dolphinator530 Well-Known Member

Not necessarily, big time college football players ARE NOT like the average college student gaining real world knowledge in college. These guys have the infrastructure in college to be successful as everything is controlled for you. Most if not all these guys are scholarship guys and never had a job, had a student tutor, an adviser sign them up for classes/manage money (tuition, books etc) and never had any responsibility (bills, work/school balance etc) not to mention took 100 level courses for 3 years never going towards any kind of real major (not in all cases each team has kids who are students first).

Now you have to do everything on your own (Philbin isnt a babysitter like the college HC's, he tells you what he expects and it is up to YOU to do it there is no support system you are an ADULT now lol) , they handed you an ipad on the first day and said here is the schedule no one is there to motivate its all on you. Not to mention they have the big money now and they pay taxes and have bills for the first time there are a lot of new responsibilities plus the expectations of (especially in the NFL) to perform. There is no carrying a clipboard for a year, if you are a top 2 or 3 round guy you are expected to contribute ASAP and that pressure can be overwhelming. And on top of it add that you are injured and cant do anything it just lets you sit in you head all day and that can be scary when you are on your own for the first time.