Who is your must-have late round gem? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is your must-have late round gem?

jimlerario

Active Roster
Reaction score
Two years ago, I had a gut feeling that Jay Ajayi would be a special player, a must-have. Turns out, the Dolphins felt the same way and drafted him in the fifth round, which I was ecstatic over.

Turn to 2017, and there are gems to be had in the later rounds of the draft. Currently, the Dolphins hold three fifth round picks, a round where the Dolphins have drafted production in the past.

With that, I challenge this forum. Who is your late round must-have gem and why does he stand out among the rest of the crop? Try to pick one!

Personally, I am torn between Eddie Jackson, FS out of Alabama, and Corn Elder, Nickel Corner out of Miami. Ultimately, I had to go with Eddie Jackson because, injuries aside, he is a special player who has freakishly impressive highlights. He would complement Reshad Jones very well, and has the ability to take over games. His talents are comparable to Malik Hooker, and if the Dolphins can get someone of his caliber in the 5th, I would be ecstatic. He is my 2017 must-draft, and I am interested to hear yours.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2LzqwDvhELc

Myles Garrett, DE from Texas A&M.

I'd take a flyer on him with one of our 5th's.

Safety Kai Nacua 5th round possibility

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Also LB Dylan Cole, TE Johnnu Smith

The only way we'd get him in the 5th is if he's accused of murder, a'la La'el Collins.

Anyone have a dead body that they aren't using? Keys to Garrett's house is also a plus but not necessary.

I heard Garrett is going to slip in the draft because he plays with dinosaur toys and sleeps with a night light. It's also been reported that he likes to read. Those are red flags.

Kai Nacua looks like a good range FS, has the production and athletic ability.... I think we'd have to use 97 to get him though.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Rangy

Kai Nacua looks like a good range FS, has the production and athletic ability.... I think we'd have to use 97 to get him though.

And he might be a 3rd I might be off. Teams are scared off by his fight though. Reminds me of Blount coming out of Oregon in that regard

Xavier Woods, safety from LA Tech is a guy I feel good about. Damien Mama of USC is a guard who needs to continue his conditioning improvement (was once a 400 lb behemoth) but who I think has starter potenial.

Tanzel Smart of Tulane is an undersized DT who is going to turn heads on Sundays.

Pita Taumopeonu (Sp? ) of Utah is a kid to watch out for as a sub package rush LB who might skill up to a starting 3-4 OLB

Might not need a 5th receiver, but if Stacy Coley is on the board at the end of the 5th or in the 7th round I would consider it. I keep seeing lb Kendell Beckwith could fall to the 5th... I would be interested. I also like rb's Chris Carson or Taquan Mizzell in the 7th, Maybe TJ Logan in the 5th. On the oline I've seen some people saying Jermaine Elueminure would slip to the 5th round and others having him going off the board in the early 3rd. If he's around in the fifth he would be a good add to the o-line.

I love Coley however I think he's a 3rd\4th

I love Coley however I think he's a 3rd\4th

I like him too... was surprised to see a few mocks having him going in the 7th and some having him as an udfa. If Miami brings in a player to hold down the 5th receiver spot it will be interesting to see if they look for size, speed, someone with return ability to push Grant or a slot type? I also think Ryan Switzer could be a possible replacement for Grant.

Back
Top Bottom