Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
The one thing with Miami is that we can all clearly see strengths and weakness for the team. We know the offensive line is among the worst in the NFL as an example.

My question, though, is what would push the needle the most for the Dolphins moving forward? Would it be a franchise type running back, a dominant pass rusher or simply a competent offensive lineman or two? Something else?

This is not just about the draft, but free agency and potential trades.

Since we already have Tannehill coming back in 2018 I picked O-line as that would be our weakest spot. We do need a real starting RB of course

Ozzy rules!!

Considering we already have the Franchise QB coming back next year (Hopefully), and one of the best young coaches in Football, I voted the most obvious....O-line

O line, RB, MLB, WR

At this stage we have of the above who could be considered individually or collectively top 15 in the league. Injuries mostly are the issue but poor play also played a huge role.

And if you have an elite franchise QB you get perks like benefit of the doubt calls and extra flags called for you like roughing the passer lol
Absolutely,our own history speaks of this. During the Marino years we had no defense to speak of and a non existant running game, but somehow we were a shoe in for the playoffs just about every year.....and why? A franchise QB.

It helps when in the Marino years we only had to worry about the Bills in our division. Since franchise QBs are like unicorns I think a above average OL should be easier to accomplish. So far I've been proven wrong.
Looking back to last off-season everyone thought the offense was set and all resources should go to defense. We can plug so many holes at a time. At least the defense has some youth now. Hopefully the offense will get the attention next offseason.

During the Marino years we had no defense to speak of and a non existant running game, but somehow we were a shoe in for the playoffs just about every year.....

Miami missed the playoffs plenty during the Marino years: 86,87,88,89,91,93* (Achilles year, so it gets an asterisk) and 96. Seven times

Right now I would say for this team it is best to invest in the offensive line and see how Tannehill does in 2018. If they get a top pick and a QB prospect that they like is available then go for it. However a rookie QB behind this garbage offensive line is going to take a beating and possibly lose confidence. So I say put together an above average offensive line and continue to improve the defense.

Miami missed the playoffs plenty during the Marino years: 86,87,88,89,91,93* (Achilles year, so it gets an asterisk) and 96. Seven times
They also made it a lot: '83, '84, '85, '90, '92, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99.

Paints a different picture when laid out this way. I'd take 10 playoff appearances in 17 years over what we've had since 2000.

Back
Top Bottom