Who said Brandon Jacobs.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who said Brandon Jacobs....

TampaFinsFan01

Practice Squad
Reaction score
[mod] Post in the correct forum. [/mod]

was an animal? Who was that?

I hope some of you watched the TB game today to see what I have been telling you guys. Brandon Jacobs is a beast. And no RB on our team is WAY better than BJ. Thats just the facts.

dominizzo said:
I think Gmen will trade up to get Adrian Peterson

So they are going to move up from like the 20th pick to a top 3 pick? Cmon now, they will stick with Jacobs and draft a smaller faster guy to complement him.

7 runs for 41 yards is impressive for a relief runner, but this alone makes him better than Ronnie Brown? Tsk Tsk!

he's not a starter. he got hurt in the game, and that's because of his running style. just can't give him the ball too many times a game.

UF Fin Kat said:
he's not a starter. he got hurt in the game, and that's because of his running style. just can't give him the ball too many times a game.

He's going to consistantly get hurt because when you're a 6'4" runningback, sure you'll truck some people (you notice tall receivers can break tackles pretty well?) but you also naturally run high, which will lead you to take much bigger hits than someone who is a normal runningback height. Brandon Jacobs is pretty much a poor mans Eddie George.

TampaFinsFan01 said:
[mod] Post in the correct forum. [/mod]

was an animal? Who was that?

I hope some of you watched the TB game today to see what I have been telling you guys. Brandon Jacobs is a beast. And no RB on our team is WAY better than BJ. Thats just the facts.
:rolleyes: Brandon Jacobs is just a leaner version of Jerome Bettis' final years. The guy is used for short yardage gains, nothing else. He can't catch, he can't receive on the slot, he doesn't really need vision when all he does is pound the ball. So much hype for a guy who only rushed for 41 yards yesterday, and got injured because he runs tall and everyone tackles him low. He won't last in this league running like that.

Ronnie Brown is way better than him. That's just fact:

- Brandon Jacobs was the 3rd string runningback in Auburn [behind Cadillac and Ronnie Brown] untill he transfered to Southern Illinois. You don't get to be 3rd string just because you're better.

- The only thing that Brandon Jacobs has that is a bit better than Ronnie Brown is his power and strength, but please, let's not even underestimate Ronnie Brown's power and strength as well, along with his other abilities that are far superior than Brandon Jacobs [speed, blocking, vision, athletic/acrobatic cuts and moves, catching, slot/receiving, route running, etc..]

Back
Top Bottom