Who should win the rookie of the year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who should win the rookie of the year?

RGIII. 105 qb rating, leader, threat in the running game and passing game. Next year I expect him to come back down to earth a bit. That offense will get figured out.

I have to agree, and i think RGIII will get a lot of consideration for Best Player

Russell Wilson has had the highest qb rating since week 8. Not for rookie quarterbacks but ALL quarterbacks. Back to back 50 point weeks and now he's carving up the #1 defense in the league tonight on national tv! I don't think it's a question, Wilson SHOULD win it.

Tough to say. On one hand Griffin III has the NFL 2nd best rating while throwing 18 TDs to 4 INTs while also running for 748 yds (through 15 weeks). Luck's rating isn't even close but he has thrown for 1,000 yds more than Griffin and has a good amount of 4th qtr comebacks. Luck has also thrown the fifth most passes in the league. Then you look at their teams and to be real, did anyone expect the Redskins or Colts to make the playoffs? I didn't.

Wilson on the other hand has good stats as well and his team is also in the postseason chase.

All that being said, I'd give the ROY to Griffin.

As someone who called Russell Wilson's success way, way, way back I'd like to cash in my I told you so points and claim Wilson as ROY BUT RG3's stats and team success are just too ridiculous to ignore. He's ROY. To be fair they're both historically great ROY candidates and fringe MVP contenders.

If it's between any two QBs, it's between Luck and Wilson. I think it'll come down to Luck vs. Alfred Morris.

RGIII, because it's a stats based award; but if I were a Seahawks or Indy fan, I'd be far happier than if I were a Redskins fan when it comes to long term. What's the O/U on number of RGIII seasons ended on IR?

Back
Top Bottom