Who the h-e-double hockey sticks is Easlik? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who the h-e-double hockey sticks is Easlik?

Despacio

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Where did this kid come from, and how in the heck can Wanny have allowed this rookie to have started last week?

I know we got that Jamar guy now, but what do you know about Easlick, where did he come from, and does he have potential?

Hell, am I even spelling his name right? :lol:

He is an undrafted rookie free agent from Virgina Tech. He was signed the day after the draft and has been in camp since the beginning beating out other undrafted rookies. A classic lead blocker at 5'11, 243 he helped lead two differant 1000 yard rushers during college.

Is he any good? We'll see but his background as a lead blocker is excellent and he showed better pass catching skills in camp than anyone expected.

Think Dyer, if you remember him. Not likely to touch the ball but helpful in the running game.

All that said, what has happened to Jamar Martin (is that right?), the waiver pick-up from Dallas? He has disappeared.

I'm in my fourth year at VT and let me tell you, after Jarrett Ferguson graduated I was really bummed cause he was a great full back; but after he left, Doug Easlick stepped in and was absolutely great! He always made key blocks to spring Suggs and Jones, always picked up the blitz, and was a pretty good receiver out of the backfield. I'm not sure if he will develop into a great professional player, but he was a damn good college full back.

I will tell ya one thing one play I really noticed him last week was on the 4th and 1 we went for. They ran the play but was whistled dead because we called a timeout. On that play he grabbed the blitzing linebacker and drove him back 6 yards and was still driving him back after the whistle blew. The next play in which we got the first it was like a counter play and he done the same again. IMO this guy has the potential to be a stellar run blocking FB but he is still young and there will be growing pains.

Jamar Martin didn't play because he had barely practiced with the team. He may get some action this week.

Back
Top Bottom