Who will be the steal of the draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will be the steal of the draft?

Dolphinator530

Club Member
Reaction score
So come draft time every year there are players that are risky or overlooked due to injury history, character issues, poor testing/measurables or lack of playing time and even if the tape says they can ball they get passed over (ala Zach Thomas, Jake Scott and Donald Driver ).

So with the draft fast approaching who in your opinion will be the steal of the draft and why?

Mine....
Cornellius "Tank" Carradine - Big body, talent is there but is overlooked for good reason the other two ends on FSU were Werner and Jenkins not to mention the ACL injury. I think he was starting to round into form before the injury and says he will be 100% by April meaning he can get some workouts in before the draft. I like his burst and his ability to play with leverage and you can never question his motor as this dude goes for it every play. With the injury he may not be a 3 down guy to start but honestly I think this guy can be a very good player.

I want to note if you think the draft steal is a 1st round guy but will go later than you think he should GO FOR IT.

Honestly a guy like Lattimore who is going to get drafted later on and produce big numbers down the road. Another is Christine Micheals guy has all the ability in the world especially in the right system if he can grow up. It may be only for a two year stretch but he's going to do well for someone.

Honestly a guy like Lattimore who is going to get drafted later on and produce big numbers down the road. Another is Christine Micheals guy has all the ability in the world especially in the right system if he can grow up. It may be only for a two year stretch but he's going to do well for someone.

I didnt even think of Lattimore that guy is a BEAST as a UGA fan i have seen him in big games and dude can ball. Someone taking him in the 6th might get a very Terrell Davis kinda player.

Another is Justin Hunter, Patterson is putting up big numbers at the combine and has a great highlight reel but Hunter is a stud was fast becoming a top 5 pick till he hurt his knee. This past year was his first year back that 2nd year is typically the one where most (YES NOT YOU AP) come back into form he is a legit 6'4 and can run and attacks the ball in the air could be a HUGE steal.

I completely agree with you on Carradine. He's the #1 DE on my board.

It's usually a good bet to find some RB that has the skills you're looking for at that position, but will be available late because he runs a 4.6 in the 40-yard dash. The Arian Foster/Alfred Morris type back...

I completely agree with you on Carradine. He's the #1 DE on my board.

It's usually a good bet to find some RB that has the skills you're looking for at that position, but will be available late because he runs a 4.6 in the 40-yard dash. The Arian Foster/Alfred Morris type back...

I want Carradine on the Dolphins, I have no idea where you would have to draft him especially if he can work out before the draft and shows even flashes of what he is capable of. I love when a guy plays as hard and with as much heart as that guy does, other stuff can come and more than likely will come when you work as hard and have the intensity to do so.

Carradine would be a great addition, but the word is out. He is going higher, his stock is rising.

I have to probably go with a guy like Marcus Lattimore who, because of that injury, could go into the 5th or 6th rounds. If he can overcome that injury he's gonna be a beast. I've seen a bit of tape on him and that guy is just an absolute animal.

Tank Carradine is going to rise to where he's no longer really a steal. He's a great player, but I think there are indications he's going to be correctly valued.

Right now Marquess Wilson looks like one of the most underrated players in the Draft. To hear the media tell it, he'll get all the way into the 6th or 7th round. He's WAY better than that. He belongs in the top group of wide receivers, more so than a few guys that are considered in that group.

If he is on the straight and narrow then Honey badger in the mid rounds could be a steal.

Joseph Fauria is going to be another steal. His red zone work in particular is going to translate to the NFL and when he catches touchdowns at the next level suddenly people will be thinking, why did we allow this guy to get into the 5th round?

Dennis Johnson is so underrated it's criminal. Impossible to watch any Arkansas tape, no matter who you are trying to focus on, and not notice #33 making plays all over the place. To not even be invited to the Combine is ludicrous. Either he's got military graveyard's worth of skeletons in his closet (possible) or there are a lot of people that just don't "get it" with him.

Quanterus Smith is another guy that is injured and forgotten. He's shaping up to be a classic Yeremiah Bell or Adewale Ogunleye type steal. Everyone's seen his Alabama game. But nobody has the cojones to translate it into a high grade despite his injury. Tank Carradine is finally getting the traction he should. Quanterus Smith is not. Not saying he's a 1st rounder or anything, but relative to what his real value is, the 7th round/UDFA status you see out there makes him severely undervalued.

Shamarko Thomas another one. Don't overthink it. A well muscled, good tackling, instinctive safety with experience and true 4.3 speed. He might not be so undervalued after tomorrow, come to think on it.

If he is on the straight and narrow then Honey badger in the mid rounds could be a steal.

The problem with the honey badger is even if he had no off field issues I think he'd max out at about a Javier Arenas 3rd round pick. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I view him.

The problem with the honey badger is even if he had no off field issues I think he'd max out at about a Javier Arenas 3rd round pick. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I view him.

Perhaps, I agree physically he doesnt stand out, in terms of speed etc. But as a nickle/slot corner I think he can bring value to a team. Eg. I view him as an upgrade over Marshall, a long term CB starter in say round 4 sounds like good value to me.

well word on Tank Carradine is way ahead of schedule for his rehab and he may be able to do a private workout or 2 before the draft.

As a Big 10 fan, my choice is Michael Mauti if he can overcome another knee injury. Hard to over look his intangibles.

Back
Top Bottom