Who will be the steal of the draft? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will be the steal of the draft?

I'm gonna go with the two FSU DE's who unfortunately ended their seasons with injuries, Jenkins with foot, Carradine with an ACL. I am HUGE on Ansah from BYU but I like those 2 more than their teamate Werner or Mingo or Montgomery.....etc. Could also go with Lattimore, if anyone is gonna come back from that gruesome injury it is him.

I completely agree with you on Carradine. He's the #1 DE on my board.

It's usually a good bet to find some RB that has the skills you're looking for at that position, but will be available late because he runs a 4.6 in the 40-yard dash. The Arian Foster/Alfred Morris type back...
Hey Slimm. Do you think Carradine makes it to Miami's pick in R2?

I'm gonna go with the two FSU DE's who unfortunately ended their seasons with injuries, Jenkins with foot, Carradine with an ACL. I am HUGE on Ansah from BYU but I like those 2 more than their teamate Werner or Mingo or Montgomery.....etc. Could also go with Lattimore, if anyone is gonna come back from that gruesome injury it is him.

I pretty well agree with except that they are outright better than Werner...better values definitely yes but not better. Werner is a stud as are Jenkins and Carradine.

There are a few that come to mind. If he gets his head on straight, Da'Rick Rogers could be a steal as a guy with 1st round talent that may go in the 3rd or 4th. I think Chase Thomas will be a steal if he makes it to R3. Devin Taylor could also be a steal as a late round guy. Hardly anyone's talking about him, but he's been pretty productive and has monster size at 6-8 270. Quinton Patton could be a "relative" steal, but I could also see him drafted late R1 which is where his value falls IMO.

2 WR's I think could turn out to be the ultimate steals. 1) Robert Woods - He has flown under the radar all season long in spite of his abilities. Before the season started almost all of the pre-season mock drafts had him as a high 1st round pick. He got lost in the shuffle at USC and played with a bum ankle most of the season and it caused him to lose his cutting abilities he was so famous for. He's looked healthy again while performing drills at the combine and seems to be back to his old self. I know a late 1st round pick or high second round pick aren't usually considered steals but in Woods case I think you can say it. He is the best route runner in the draft and will make someone very happy in the late 1st round (GB,NE,Bal). 2) Marquise Wilson - He suffered through a coaching change and a bad attitude throughout the season and eventually quit on his team. He is going to fall in the draft and will make a true steal on day 3 of the draft. He looked very good in the combine drills, catching the ball really well. IF he can get his head screwed on straight, this kid could turn out to be a real weapon for someone looking for a WR. I have been hoping for Robert Woods to fall to Miami at #42, but am not as hopeful anymore due to his great combine showing. He truly looks like a 1st round steal. Wilson is an enigma who's going to make or break a teams heart. He has all the talent in the world, but it gets lost in his off field issues. Too bad for this kid he's lost alot of money, because, of is short comings off the field. I'm rooting for him to turn it around and really take the bull by the horns once he gets into the NFL.

It's hard to say, because we don't know where these guys will go, but I'd say Duke Williams and Robert Alford are two guys that stand out in very deep classes of Safety and CB.

Can't pass Carradine if he's there at #42. I'd consider him at #12.

It's hard to say, because we don't know where these guys will go, but I'd say Duke Williams and Robert Alford are two guys that stand out in very deep classes of Safety and CB.

Can't pass Carradine if he's there at #42. I'd consider him at #12.

Can't disagree with your sentinments on Carradine. I've recently seen the light, so to speak, regarding Tank. Worked up some numbers/ charting on him and they tell a tale of an excellent pass rusher. Love that athleticism at his size. So long and a variety of pass rush moves too. Haven't checked him out in the run game yet, but good stuff so far. I'd run the card up at 42 if he was there.

Oh hai, other Cornelius! Thanks for showing everyone a little early why I created this video for an upcoming Draft Winds featurette on you.

[video=youtube;HFqf-avlERs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFqf-avlERs[/video]

Just broke off a 4.53 in the 40 yard dash at 6'4" and 265 lbs, after doing 36 bench reps.

Oh hai, other Cornelius! Thanks for showing everyone a little early why I created this video for an upcoming Draft Winds featurette on you.

[video=youtube;HFqf-avlERs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFqf-avlERs[/video]

Just broke off a 4.53 in the 40 yard dash at 6'4" and 265 lbs, after doing 36 bench reps.

That dude is a freak athlete. Kind of felt like Al Davis watching him run the 40. After I saw him get off the line, I didn't feel like I needed to see the time.

For that matter, another draft steal in the making.

[video=youtube;TSr5VelnWgU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSr5VelnWgU[/video]

Also ripping it up out there in Indy.

The way Cornelius Washington and Devin Taylor tore up the Senior Bowl and Shrine Game, respectively, reminds me so much of how Marques Colston and Brandon Marshall tore up the Shrine Game and Hula Bowl, respectively.

With WR being deep in this draft, I'd think there will be a steal out of that group. Robert Woods looked great at the combine and great on the field if it weren't for the fact he was overshadowed by marquise Lee and poor play calling.

Also think Johnathon Cyprien could be a pleasant surprise at Safety as well as Kiko Alonso at ILB. Alonso is an ILB which doesn't normally hold the highest value, but as A dolphin fan for myself at least, the position always holds a special place in my
heart thanks to #54

Speaking of freak athletes, I forgot that Gooden had a pick at the Senior Bowl. As far as the LB's running, Washington and Gooden looked like the best athletes - regardless of time.

Awesome athlete, like what little I've seen of him. My rudimentary system while watching the Senior Bowl practices was to put check marks next to a prospects name whenever I saw something positive during a rep. At the end, Washington had by far the most check marks out of any prospect I had seen during the practices. I looked around after that for information on him, didn't see a whole lot, and just kind of thought I was crazy. What's his range of where he could go as of now?

Back
Top Bottom