Who will have more receiving yards in 2010: Bess or Hartline? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will have more receiving yards in 2010: Bess or Hartline?

Who will have more receiving yards in 2010?

• Davone Bess

Votes: 31 64.6%
  • Brian Hartline

Votes: 17 35.4%

• Total voters

normaldude

Starter
Reaction score
One scenario is that Bess becomes a monster slot receiver. Like when Wes Welker moved to his natural slot receiver position, and had a stud #1 WR (Moss) on the outside.

However, Miami is a run-first team with the R&R express, and we don't use 3 WR sets as often as New England. So our slot receiver spot might not be on the field all the time.

I think Bess will absolutely have more catches, but I think yardage might be about equal, maybe a slight edge to Hartline.

Hartline will have some 'chunk' yardage catches, but Bess will get many more receptions.

At this point, Bess is the 2nd best receiver on this team and he has been getting open with ease this preseason. I fully expext him to have around 80-90 catches and close to 1000 yards receiving.

hartline will get a lot more balls thrown downfield ... therefore he should have more receiving yards ...

bess will get all the dinks and donks and he doesn't really have burner speed so i don't see how he can rack up more yards than brian ...

hartline without a doubt

Assuming Hartline starts, definitely Hartline, with Bess averaging under 10 YAC.

Strictly yardage wise, it'll be close. But I think the massive amount of receptions Bess will get in short yardage situations will push him over the top.

I fully expect Bess' yardage and YPC to go up. After seeing how Marshall's block enabled Fasano to get a 55 yard TD. Bess' longest completion last year was 34 yards. If he gets even a couple of big plays thanks to down field blocking Bess can easily add another yard or two to his YPC.

Assuming Hartline starts, definitely Hartline, with Bess averaging under 10 YAC.

Every WR, given enough opportunities, averages under 10 YAC...including Hartline and Marshall.

Back
Top Bottom