Who will perform the best with pads on? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will perform the best with pads on?

ChambersNBoston

Dan Marino is a God
Reaction score
When Training Camp begins and the players get to put some pads on and start hitting...who do you think will perform the best with them on? like for instance the WRs can they still run pretty fast w/pads and catching the ball as well...LBs who can use their body and make hard clean tackles ( keep your eye on Bua,Jenkins, and Pope i heard somewhere they tackle pretty hard) and the O-line are they blocking effectively against JT and the gang now that they have pads on? Man I cant wait to see our secondary lay some people out Surtain,Mad,Howard,Poole,Kinght,Bell,Freeman and Edwards...they all should be fun to watch. Can't wait to see all the battles at all the positions i just went over.

Well, I don't know exactly who you had in mind. If you mean the whole team, I assume the veterans will perform best. As for rookies and free agents. MY money is on Tony Bua. He is a guy who loves to hit and has been very impressive without pads. Imagine the kid when he gets to do what he loves best and really cream someone.

On offense, I think we may see AJ Feeley finally start to pull away from Jay. He has improved drastically and getting more time with pads on and full contact drills, may show his decision making abilities outclass Fiedler.

ou may see Fred Russel come back down to earth. I know a lot of guys are high on him, but the guy was putting those moves on without real contact happening. I think you may see him floundera bit when the pads come on and the Defense starts mauling him.

On the Oline, I expec Wade Smith to show something along with Jeno James and Carey too. I haven't heard much from McKinney either. Hopefully he does his job at least adequately.

BUA!!

And lets hope the O-line stops getting dominated when the pads are on as well.

Also I wanna see Boston lowering the shoulder a little bit. :eek: Watch out!!

:D

My $$$ is on Bua...from what I've heard out of the camp reports the man is a bulldozing tackle machine with a nose for the ball, and if he gets significant playing time will inject a much-needed dose of attitude into our D IMO.

I want to see the D try to tackle Russell with pads on. Number one, they won't be able to catch him, and number 2, if they do, he will bonuce off hits like a bowling ball! Wrap him up or wave goodbye!

David Boston I Would Love To See These Db's Playing Press Against Him He Is Going To Maul Them Im Talking About Every Db Not Just Miami's.

bua,thomas,boston,mcmichael,jeno,rw, and i hope vernon well see

The 6-foot-1, 191-pounder has good size, is a hard hitter, has good speed and quickness despite a reconstructed knee, possesses soft hands and is a playmaker (bell)

yeah, russel isnt just pure speed, he can break tackles, probably even better than minor can. as far as who will play best itll be one of the veterans, im guessing JT. but as far as who is gonna improve the most when pads get on id say wade smith. this guy is better than to get turnstiled every play by JT.

I'm gonna go with Jeno James cause he supposedly was trying to kill people w/o em on....imagine now. :D

On the Oline, I expec Wade Smith to show something along with Jeno James and Carey too. I haven't heard much from McKinney either. Hopefully he does his job at least adequately.
IMO not hearing much about an olineman is a GOOD thing. Then only real time you do hear about one is when he gives up a false start or a penalty.

Back
Top Bottom