Who will win the division and how many teams from the division will make the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, Jul 14, 2017.

1. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

2. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

It's a given if Miami makes the playoffs (which I think they will) they'll be on the road again as a 5th or 6th seed

3. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

WAlker said only New England is coming out of the east

4. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

I meant Mike Rodak, my bad

5. matt11390

matt11390 Starter

New England wins that's an easy one. Miami, of the other 3, has the only realistic shot to make the playoffs. However I'm not expecting them to. Honestly I still think it's another year before they get to a point where they are a legit, every season, playoff team. The team did improve over the offseason but last season they over achieved. So are they better this season than last ... yes. Are they good enough to make a wildcard ... not sure.

6. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

Pats wins the division. I doubt any of the other teams in the division do. No one has a chance to win the division which makes it so difficult to make the playoffs as the 5 or 6 seed while contending with half a dozen other teams.

7. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

We will be in a dogfight for the wildcard spot imo

1. NE
    2. Raiders
    3. Texans
    4. Steelers

And within the other divisions- the Titans, Broncos/Chiefs/maybe Chargers, Ravens/Bengals

All look to be competitive, so we need to win a lot to have a shot

8. Eesti

Eesti Rookie

That's why I love the NFL. You never know what's going to unfold. It happens to every QB sooner or later as their bodies break down. We saw it with Marino, Elway, Manning, etc. Tom Brady is no different. Especially since he turns 40 years old in 3 weeks. How many QB's played great at that age in the modern era? Physically he is no Warren Moon, who played until he was 44. He also dropped off going from age 39 to 40 as he threw for 4228 yards, 33 TD's and 14 picks at age 39. The next year he started 8 games (half as many) and threw for 1610 yards, 7 TD & 9 picks. 91 Qb rating to a 68.

9. Sons Of Shula

Sons Of Shula not a dull boy Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

Physically Peyton Manning was no match for Ryan Leaf. Smarts and accuracy are far more important. Like Manning, Brady has both mental qualities which aren't as easily deteriorated as physical abilities such as arm strength.

10. Eesti

Eesti Rookie

I didn't say Warren Moon or Dan Marino dropped off because they got dumb.

11. Sons Of Shula

The Run & Shoot requires more physical ability in terms of arm strength to execute than the Patriot's E&P. That's where the drop off occurred for Moon. That was my point.

12. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

I don't see Brady declining until... we actually see it on the field. He's just such a beast, sadly

13. TannDaMan17

TannDaMan17 Well-Known Member

Miami will win the division and take the league by storm this year. Our time is now, people just don't see it yet. NE will take a step back this year, I think Brady starts to finally show his age. He didn't look so hot in the first half of the SB, but then Melty Ice and co decided to choke the game away in epic fashion lol.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    LANGER72, Fintastic2124 and Czonka39 like this.
  14. Adam Strange

Adam Strange Question Authority Finheaven VIP

Even if Brady declined drastically this season, he'd still probably be better than Marino was in 1999.

And the Patriots as a whole could take a step back or two and still win the division with relative ease. That team is competing for the conference title and the Super Bowl every year. Winning the division is merely their warm up.

15. Sons Of Shula

According to this "logic", wouldn't this mean that Ryan is aging and couldn't maintain his performance while Brady was reinvigorated in the 2nd half and helped lead his offense to an epic comeback?

BTW, nice aqua and coral sunglasses. I used to have a pair like that back in the day until they were crushed by the weight of reality.

16. TannDaMan17

To be fair, you thought Adam Gase was a fraud. Shows how much you truly know about the NFL. I'll let you and many a Dolfan know how wrong you are about this team when we are on top at the end of the regular season. Coaching has held the talent of this club back for years, that is no longer an issue. The Miami Dolphins are one of the best teams in this league with a great 53, it's just the coaching that has been a major problem. I knew getting rid of Queasy Joe and inserting Gase would pay huge dividends, but, not everyone is as wise as me I guess lol. Last year was only the beginning...

And Melty just choked, had nothing to do with age. But Brady reaching the magic age of 40 on August 3rd, that is significant. Sure, he could continue to remain healthy and continue to do unprecedented things. Or he could regress like every other QB in the history of mankind does when they hit that milestone. We will find out soon enough.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Fintastic2124 likes this.
  17. TannDaMan17

The Atlanta Braves also won 500 division championships in a row when I was growing up, now they suck. All dynasties come to an end, it's just a matter of time. And in football, a single hit can drastically change a teams dynamics.

18. Gsmack_42

Gsmack_42 Well-Known Member

Ahhhhh a reporter with that last place schedule again. So we got the Tennessee week five with two on the OL that should be PS players. Got are arsss handed to us, resulting in both being cut. But look Tennessee was fighting for there division, with 2 weeks left to go. And we got the Chargers on the road. Are the Chargers great no they are not. But if I listen to all the blow hards, Rivers is a elete QB. Even with a below average team around a elete QB they are a dangerous team to play on the road. So stop giving me this last place schedule crap, Any given year the top go's to the bottom and the bottom to the top.

19. Sons Of Shula

After a 1-5 start, many had doubts. And that was some dude named Colostomy Bag. :D

So to you the SB was Matt Ryan vs the Patriots 53 plus staff, huh? Interesting.

20. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

Those first games last year, were brutal. The team and coaches looked out of their league. Luckily for Gase the bye week came along and helped stop the pure suckiness being put on display.

As for this year, I see a step back overall. And outside of the 6th seed, I really don't see a chance. Doesn't mean we won't see some decent Football, just a step back record wise.

21. pb1300

pb1300 Scout Team

Pats win the division until otherwise.

Fins make the postseason if the two lines do their job.

22. Marino1313

Marino1313 Scout Team

Don't let this distract you from the the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon.