Who with Drake in our RB corp next year ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who with Drake in our RB corp next year ?

fastball83

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I looked at FA pool and declared RB and I must tell that a Miami Hometown RB corp with Franck Gore (I think we need a solid veteran ) and Mark Walton picked in the third (need another young RB to grow behind Drake) would enjoy me.

Furthermore, if Landry leaves who would be our choice to replace him ?

Opinions

I know they like CJ Anderson, he could be a possibility

No thanks to Frank Gore. Let me guess your a canes fan

Decent RBs are everywhere..on practice squads and 3rd stringers on other team waiting for an opportunity. Least of my Dolphin worries

You need at least 2 more as Drake is injury prone.

If landry leaves I would like to see Jakeem Grant take that spot.

Decent RBs are everywhere..on practice squads and 3rd stringers on other team waiting for an opportunity. Least of my Dolphin worries

This. There are TONS of FA RB out there. The only two that I think will garner big money are Bell (duh) and Carlos Hyde (maybe). You've got Jeremy Hill, Isaiah Crowell, Alfred Morris, Thomas Rawls, and even good old Orleans Darkwa out there just to name a few.

Grant would be an exciting prospect to replace Landry....IF we DON'T run our offense through the slot and screen game....pairing Drake with another would be easier IF we can run block...that said I would like to see a back with similar Drake skills than a bruiser....

A bruiser back is too predictable...our oline needs to be able to be able to push for 1-2 yds consistently on short yardage...TE and slot needs to be a threat on short yardage....

IMO

Carlos Hyde sounds intriguing

Very. I suspect he will want to be a bell cow.

Or not. A smart RB is one that shares the load. I could find 20 touches for Drake an Hyde in my offense. Especially if 5 of those touchea are receptions Drake. Doesnt make sense to ride one back into the ground.

Hyde/Drake would be a great pairing. Only major problem is that I doubt this FO wants to invest $$ at that spot this year. And I think thats likely wise.

Alfred Morris- he was a very efficient runner for the cowboys and will provide that power dimension

Kenjon Barner- another cheap option who could grab carries and help on offense.

Mike Davis- young veteran but possible injury issues?

I'm not a fan of drafting one with all the needs we must attempt to fill

Back
Top Bottom