Who with Drake in our RB corp next year ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who with Drake in our RB corp next year ?

and Mark Walton picked in the third (need another young RB to grow behind Drake)

I think Mark Walton will be drafted surprisingly early. I doubt he'll be there in the third round when we pick. A couple of guys I know who always seem to have a feel for players who will vault up the draft boards have been asking me about Walton in the past month. They play in a high stakes fantasy draft type of thing.

Walton is too much like Drake anyway, although smaller, quicker and more dynamic. I hope he doesn't go to one of the teams with premier quarterbacks because it would be a bundle of cheap yards and points.

I watch lots of Pac 12. Washington has an interesting back in Lavon Coleman. He hasn't been a full time starter and seemingly has been out of high school for a long time. Probably over aged. But every time I see him I'm impressed. Downhill runner with excellent balance and tackle breaking ability. Doesn't go down easily. Effective pass catcher. Well spoken positive young man. Could be a good value in the later rounds.

Damien Williams and mid round rookie.

Gase fired the RB coach because he was tired of mistakes in the backfield. You can guarantee whoever is paired with Drake will be a good blocker.

You need at least 2 more as Drake is injury prone.

He hasn't missed a game with the Dolphins in 2 seasons (32 games)
They're are a lot more players on the Dolphins I would consider as injury prone
before Drake

I looked at FA pool and declared RB and I must tell that a Miami Hometown RB corp with Franck Gore (I think we need a solid veteran ) and Mark Walton picked in the third (need another young RB to grow behind Drake) would enjoy me.

Furthermore, if Landry leaves who would be our choice to replace him ?

Opinions

I would love to draft San Diego State Rashaad Penny if he is there in the third round.

Christian Kirk of Texas A&M can give us the same thing Landry can, with better speed.

He hasn't missed a game with the Dolphins in 2 seasons (32 games)
They're are a lot more players on the Dolphins I would consider as injury prone
before Drake
Not correct he was held out last year hurt, and was banged up this preseason enough to be limited to just kickoffs. The probability of not making a entire season as your lead back is pretty high. We better have lots of insurance and Williams is not the guy if you're planning on running the ball.

Gase fired the RB coach because he was tired of mistakes in the backfield. You can guarantee whoever is paired with Drake will be a good blocker.

Critical mistake if we bring Damian back at the near 2 million we gave him last season. Just no upside there.

CJ Anderson will likely be cut, but I do not love the option at 4.5 million.

Miami needs to trim that by about 1 million AAV, either that or trim that guaranteed money some. 4 years, 15 million, 4 million signing bonus cap hit first 2 years at 3.5 m, last 2 years at 4 m.

If he gets cut he immediately becomes the favorite to get selected by Miami. While his upside is also limited, he is a proven 3 down back and a productive one at that. Really fits the system well.

This draft is way too deep at RB not to select one. If CJ does not come free I would imagine Miami may look into day 2 and grab a guy.

I imagine Perry will be back. He was a big time special teams guy for us.

I have no interest in Frank Gore. He needs to go to a team that has a realistic chance at a superbowl anyway. Signing Gore feels like Arian foster all over again.

Carlos Hyde at the right price, or maybe a draft pick.

Guice, even at #11, might be hard to pass up. Both of the Georgia backs in round 2 would be intriguing. I think Miami would look middle rounds.

If Jarvis Landry goes elsewhere, you get a legit tight end in free agency and give Jakeem Grant some action in the slot. I'd also look to the draft, perhaps earlier than expected.

[QUOTE="SF Dolphin Fan, post: 7558210, member: 9389]

If Jarvis Landry goes elsewhere, you get a legit tight end in free agency and give Jakeem Grant some action in the slot. I'd also look to the draft, perhaps earlier than expected.[/QUOTE]

I like the idea of Grant and a more dynamic TE absorbing many of those underneath touches that went to Landry.

If Landry goes. I'll do what it takes to get Bell to Miami. Im dreaming ofcourse but Bell, Drake, Stills, Ridley (#11 selection)Grant in the slot looks dam good to me. Notice I didn't mention Parker. I want him traded for a TE or Draft pick...

I would love to draft San Diego State Rashaad Penny if he is there in the third round.

Christian Kirk of Texas A&M can give us the same thing Landry can, with better speed.
Rashaad Penny would be my choice because he can also play special teams which you need from the backup running backs.

no more damien williams

If we're smart we'll pair him with a power guy like Ajayi ... no one of consequence.

Back
Top Bottom