who would u compare Eifert to ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who would u compare Eifert to ?

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I realli like this kid and hope we draft him #12 i dont care if its a reach he is the best TE in the draft and i think would really help out this team.we can fill in the CB,OT,DE in rounds 2 and 3.lets get a playmaker in round one?
who does Eifert remind you off at TE ?( a player now or in the past)

I honestly think Eifert is who we are going to draft...even at #12. Keller is on a one year deal. Eifert would be one of the final pieces of the puzzle for our offense going into the future.

Witten 6-6 259, 4.65 40, Vert 31
Eifert 6-5 252, 4.68 40, Vert 35.5

Both good blockers and very smart. Witten was a 3rd pick, but that was a time when TEs were not a big part of the offense. Today they are more valuable. At 12 it is a bit of a reach, but if all the tackles are gone at 8-10 I would sit tight and go ahead and draft Eifert. Kelce is the only other TE with the same talent and Kelce will be deemed undraftable by this front office because he is a head case.

Last edited by a moderator:
He has been compared to Witten by several talking heads. Either way, I'm high on him. I really hope MIA walks away w/ him in this draft.

Eifert reminds me of Jimmy Graham. He's could be called a big wide receiver. If you're older I'm thinking a young Russ Francis.

I honestly think Eifert is who we are going to draft...even at #12. Keller is on a one year deal. Eifert would be one of the final pieces of the puzzle for our offense going into the future.

Least we have Keller. Currently we have a huge hole in O-line. Keller is solid starting TE, very athletic. Jonathan Martin on the other hand.....I worry about him starting at LT. In other words Id much rather have Keller and Clay as our TE's than Martin at LT and I think most would agree. therefore a TE would be a luxury pick cause we have O-line issues to fill. A pass catching TE wont do us any good if Tannehill doesnt have time to throw the damn ball

But I compare Eifert to Greg Olsen. Which means he isn't worth the 12th pick. Gotta have a good o-line to succeed. Ravens won the super bowl without drafting a TE in the 1st round, Giants didnt have a great TE either. Gotta be able to protect the QB

I realli like this kid and hope we draft him #12 i dont care if its a reach he is the best TE in the draft and i think would really help out this team.we can fill in the CB,OT,DE in rounds 2 and 3.lets get a playmaker in round one?
who does Eifert remind you off at TE ?( a player now or in the past)

To be honest I don't think there is a lot of distance between Eifert, Ertz, Reed, Kelce and Escobar. We should land Kelce/Escobar on 3rd round. Now there is A LOT of distance between premier DT's, Safeties, OT's and DE's on this draft. I think Star Lotulelei, Vaccaro, Jarvis Jones, Dion Jordan and Lane Johnson would be the ideal targets with the 12th pick. But I would love the idea of trading down to get Cyprien and using the extra pick to trade up and get a player like Carradine/Hunt/Trufant/Fluker/Williams/Watson

Actually I believe that Kelce (My favorite TE on this draft) and Reed will end up being better than Eifert.

Eifert reminds me of Jimmy Graham. He's could be called a big wide receiver. If you're older I'm thinking a young Russ Francis.
I think you are wrong. Graham is another animal all together. Graham is a 4.5 guy, not a high 4.6. Graham can't block and Eifert will be pretty good. Eifert is an all around blocking AND mismatch TE, but he doesn't create the same type of mismatch that a Jimmy Graham can. Two totally different players. Keller is our Graham, Eifert is much more balanced.

To be honest I don't think there is a lot of distance between Eifert, Ertz, Reed, Kelce and Escobar. We should land Kelce/Escobar on 3rd round. Now there is A LOT of distance between premier DT's, Safeties, OT's and DE's on this draft. I think Star Lotulelei, Vaccaro, Jarvis Jones, Dion Jordan and Lane Johnson would be the ideal targets with the 12th pick. But I would love the idea of trading down to get Cyprien and using the extra pick to trade up and get a player like Carradine/Hunt/Trufant/Fluker/Williams/Watson
You can take Kelce off our board. This front office won't draft him in any round. That you can take to the bank. I wish I was wrong, I love his skill set, one of my favorite players in the draft, but my source says he is off the board.

And I totally don't see what others see in Escobar. He is Egnew 2.0 in my book. I could be wrong and they liked Egnew, so we might end up with Escobar, but I sure hope not.

I think you are wrong. Graham is another animal all together. Graham is a 4.5 guy, not a high 4.6. Graham can't block and Eifert will be pretty good. Eifert is an all around blocking AND mismatch TE, but he doesn't create the same type of mismatch that a Jimmy Graham can. Two totally different players. Keller is our Graham, Eifert is much more balanced.

This is why I would rather have Kelce. (balanced and can be drafted on late second early third round)

Eifert might not be quite as fast Graham, but there is no TE coming out of college in the last 5-7 years that has the jump ball skills of Eifert.

I still laugh at the people that think there is not much difference between Eifert and the rest of the TEs, what film are you watching???

Eifert compares to T.Gonzalez he is athletic,crazy catch radius.red zone target.avg.speed and decent enuff blocker.If there were the usual 2-3 qbs taken early he would project at the 15=20 range. With no qbs 12 is no reach,solid high reward low risk pick in a area of need!How people can predict Rhodes is a joke.because of scheme i wouldnt touch him in 3rd.

Eifert reminds me of Tony Gonzalez. He is very big with length and very good ups. He is the quintessential red zone threat TE, and will instantly be one of the best red zone TE's in the NFL in addition to the clear best red zone TE in this draft. He has the speed to effectively run the seam routes. He has long arms and strong hands to be dependable to catch the ball in traffic and not serve up INT's. He runs good routes and is a reliable 3rd down converter. He is a solid and improving blocker who will not tip the offense's hand as to run/pass, and he can effectively play every down.

The guy who reminds me of Witten physically is Zach Ertz. While Witten is a born leader and Ertz doesn't appear to have that aspect, I'd say Ertz can become something very similar to Witten as a player.

But, we need size in the red zone, and Eifert is the clearly superior guy there. We need a seam threat, and Eifert is the clear better guy there too. Another guy who I like is Travis Kelce, but he's more like an improved Fasano.

Back
Top Bottom