Who would you rather have as HC: Rex or Philbin? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would you rather have as HC: Rex or Philbin?

what has philbin done in miami other than post a 12-15 career record? his teams come out of the gate sluggish and looking disinterested, his halftime adjustments are a disgrace and our offense is a disaster. wasnt he supposed to be an offensive guru? i would take rex any day of the week over this fake, clueless offensive mastermind, joe philbin. i dont know how ANYONE can be happy with the job hes done here!!

Rex kept playing Sanchez bullheadedly; Rex fiddled cluelessly as his clubhouse exploded; Rex's empty "guarantees" became another laughingstock; Rex hired Sparano terming him his "mini me" (offensively); Rex got into 1 playoff in 4 years based on merit (without Colts starters who outscored them 45-27 in approx 1.5 games (60-37 pro-rated over 2 games), not to mention tripgate which he skated responsibility on as well as all his personal embarrassments over sexual perversions, harassment and lack of self control. So yeah, we'd be a better defensive team with him as our DC, but his playing Sanchez in exhibition game 4 is akin to The Meatball getting Long injured in the same game. So thanks but no thanks.

I was kind of torn on whether he's good or not but I forgot about putting Sanchez in against the scrubs trying to make a name for themselves in preseason.

- Tripgate, faking injuries to gain timeouts, and the huge number of penalties his team has committed this year speaks to his character.
- Whoever thought Sparano would make for a good offensive coordinator is a fool
- Why didn't he give Tebow a real shot? That makes no sense to me, seems like a pretty good fit for the type of offense he likes to run.

I dunno, I'm still kind of torn. With the right QB I think he would win a lot of games but the penalties and the general lack of discipline would probably sink them a lot of seasons.

anyone who chooses Philbin doesn't want to win. Look at what rex did w/ the talent last year and what he has done w/ the talent this year. The 2 aren't close, Rex is a top 10 coach in this league.

Well since Philbin became a head coach he has a better win percentage than Rex and thats with a green QB and Rex having the benefit of a lot more coaching experience. And did it with a horrid GM...

The bottom line is 2 losing seasons in a row spells mediocre at best, and that goes for both of them.

Its interesting how Rex went from a winning percentage of 60% with Revis to 35% without him. It goes to show how impactful one superstar can be to a mediocre team. And there are many many other examples of it throughout the league every year.

It also goes to show how great Belichick is, he's lost his superstars on several occasions and just keeps winning.

Its interesting how Rex went from a winning percentage of 60% with Revis to 35% without him. It goes to show how impactful one superstar can be to a mediocre team. And there are many many other examples of it throughout the league every year.

It also goes to show how great Belichick is, he's lost his superstars on several occasions and just keeps winning.
He has perhaps the biggest superstar of all time in Brady. You take him off that team and they sink to the bottom of the AFC.

As for his other superstars, he had none. He thrived on defensive standouts that were drafted by Pete Carroll and Bill Parcells.

He has perhaps the biggest superstar of all time in Brady. You take him off that team and they sink to the bottom of the AFC.

He's lost him before and that didn't happen. Even if he lost him now if there was a way to test it I would bet large sums of money they wouldn't finish last in the AFCE. Hell, Mallet could be the second best QB in the division for all we know.

As for his other superstars, he had none. He thrived on defensive standouts that were drafted by Pete Carroll and Bill Parcells.

Vince Wilfork, Jerod Mayo and others were drafted by PArcells?

Rex will be yesterday's news in 1-2 more years. He creates an atmosphere of chaos that's not healthy. You don't have to be brash or vocal to be a good coach. I like Philbin. He inherited a lot of players that weren't his and Ireland still makes a lot of the calls.....It takes a little time for a coach to set the example.

Not to belabor the point, but Philbin was hired to coach the Dolphins. That means he was hired to get an optimal result from the players that were here when he was hired and any players that might be acquired in the future. If he was incapable of coaching the players that were here when he was hired then he was the wrong hire. As it was said of Don Shula: he could take his players and beat yours or take your players and beat his.

Rex is a great DC that got over promoted.
He has had 4 years of on the job training and is only starting to behave like a proper executive.

Philbin has done more with less in less time.

How has Philbin done more with less in less time?
That statement makes no sense. In two years Ryan had been to two AFC Championship games.
Right now not so much

Rex in a heartbeat. That was Bill Parcells' first mistake. He should have hired Rex way back then.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

If Rex could make the playoffs with Mark Sanchez, he could definitely make it with Tannehill.

He's lost him before and that didn't happen. Even if he lost him now if there was a way to test it I would bet large sums of money they wouldn't finish last in the AFCE. Hell, Mallet could be the second best QB in the division for all we know.
I saw Mallet play the Lions pre season week 3. He looked horrible. I am not at all concerned with Mallet following up. As for 2008 they had a solid defense and Cassel gave them a great year. They talent level is not as good as it was then.

Bellichik was 5-11 and 0-2 when Bledsoe got hurt and Brady took over. He had 1 winning season out of 5 in Cleveland. Of course we can only assume what he would have done had the Pats not drafted Brady in the 6th round but his results indicate he wouldn't have lasted long.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Vince Wilfork, Jerod Mayo and others were drafted by PArcells?
2 guys in how many drafts?

I'm sure you realize those SB winners were made up of a lot of players BB inherited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom