Whoa, A New Sparano? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whoa, A New Sparano?

They did but I was told w/ each guy how good they were going to be, I don't know if you were here when you got Daunte but I got killed on here and of course everything I said turned out to be true as he was horrible. Daunte was a very overrated QB in Minnesota, just a #s guy.

we were 9-7 when Brady got hurt and we had more talent so they did something. You did win the division b/c Brady got hurt but you would have won 10-11 regardless and that's a little better than 1 win, right?

If Daunte was a Dolphin after 2004 then yes I was here. I don't see the problem in fans having faith that their team is doing the right thing. I wanted Brees back then but was content with Culpepper. He didn't do **** for the team so there's really not much else to be said.

Going 11-5 was like having success with a asterisk next to it. It wouldn't have happened had Brady played but it still was an alright year. It was more of a fluke then anything seeing as how they flopped every year after.

If Daunte was a Dolphin after 2004 then yes I was here. I don't see the problem in fans having faith that their team is doing the right thing. I wanted Brees back then but was content with Culpepper. He didn't do **** for the team so there's really not much else to be said.

Going 11-5 was like having success with a asterisk next to it. It wouldn't have happened had Brady played but it still was an alright year. It was more of a fluke then anything seeing as how they flopped every year after.

all fans should have hope but you also shouldn't attack a guy for bringing an objective view. You would think I said ken O'Brien was better than Dan marino. I gave an knowledgeable opinion on him, which by the way I offered long before Miami was even rumored to get him, but people think just b/c I am a jet fan and he was a dolphin that's why I was criticizing him. I give honest opinions, if I think you make good moves I praise, if I think you make bad moves I'll tell you.

Whether it was a fluke or not it happened and the team vastly improved under those guys- not where you want or need to be but they improved the team.

all fans should have hope but you also shouldn't attack a guy for bringing an objective view. You would think I said ken O'Brien was better than Dan marino. I gave an knowledgeable opinion on him, which by the way I offered long before Miami was even rumored to get him, but people think just b/c I am a jet fan and he was a dolphin that's why I was criticizing him. I give honest opinions, if I think you make good moves I praise, if I think you make bad moves I'll tell you.

Whether it was a fluke or not it happened and the team vastly improved under those guys- not where you want or need to be but they improved the team.

I don't remember the discussion about Culpepper but I'm sure people gave you **** for doubting him b/c that's how people are here. They don't want to hear anything negative about their team.

if only we had a 60 year old HC who has never had any success in this league then we'd be set!

you actually hired one - one that no one including the savvy GM who knew him best wanted any part of running the team.... and heavy evidence of an inbred, immoral and perverted one lacking any modicum of self-restraint, at that.

if only we had a 60 year old HC who has never had any success in this league then we'd be set!

What? No denial that Jabba can't possibly be fired because his record is so great and 20 lines of stats and references to AFCCGs lost to "prove" it? You're slipping, Junc.

BTW, you might want to check out Gailey's time with the Cowboys.

It seems to me that the Ravens haven't missed Jabba much at all since he departed. Surely, if he was soooo great, they couldn't have possibly have recovered so quickly from his loss.

you actually hired one - one that no one including the savvy GM who knew him best wanted any part of running the team.... and heavy evidence of an inbred, immoral and perverted one lacking any modicum of self-restraint, at that.

Rex isn't 50 yet and in just 3 seasons he has 4 playoff wins, 4 more than Grandpa Gailey, 4 more than Buf and Miami combined since 2001.

What? No denial that Jabba can't possibly be fired because his record is so great and 20 lines of stats and references to AFCCGs lost to "prove" it? You're slipping, Junc.

BTW, you might want to check out Gailey's time with the Cowboys.

It seems to me that the Ravens haven't missed Jabba much at all since he departed. Surely, if he was soooo great, they couldn't have possibly have recovered so quickly from his loss.

I remember Gailey w/ dallas when he led them to a div title in 1998 then lost to the Arizona Cardinals at home in the WC rd giving the Cards their 2nd playoff win in team history and first since 1947. Year 2 brought an 8-8 season which qualified them for the playoffs where they got crushed in the WC rd by the Vikings. yes I remember the "great" cowboy days.

through 3 years post rex Bal made 1 title game, his new team made 2. rex has been in 3 of the last 4 title games.

Rex isn't 50 yet and in just 3 seasons he has 4 playoff wins, 4 more than Grandpa Gailey, 4 more than Buf and Miami combined since 2001.

I remember Gailey w/ dallas when he led them to a div title in 1998 then lost to the Arizona Cardinals at home in the WC rd giving the Cards their 2nd playoff win in team history and first since 1947. Year 2 brought an 8-8 season which qualified them for the playoffs where they got crushed in the WC rd by the Vikings. yes I remember the "great" cowboy days.

through 3 years post rex Bal made 1 title game, his new team made 2. rex has been in 3 of the last 4 title games.

And he's 0-3 in those title games..... Somehow, that's fine with you.......

Junc loves mediocrity even more so than most of the homers here. He's going to cling to Sanchez and Rex until the very end knowing damn well it's never going to work.

All with the same amount of Super Bowl wins too

You are right, it's all or nothing. Either you win it all or it's meaningless. Rich Kotite is as good a coach as Marv Levy was. Thanks.

Not fine at all but much better than goinbg 0 for the Century in reaching the playoffs.

Junc loves mediocrity even more so than most of the homers here. He's going to cling to Sanchez and Rex until the very end knowing damn well it's never going to work.

How is being one of the best teams in the league under Rex mediocrity?

Never going to work? I'm not talking Jimmy Johnson/Dan Marino, Dave Waanstedt/Jay Fiedler, Nick Saban/Daunte Culpepper, Cam Cameron/whoever was their QB, Tony Sparano/Chad henne.

How is 2 title game apps in 3 years not working? Not working is not winning a playoff game in over a decade, not working is 1 playoff app since 2002, not working is no title game apps since 1993.

You are right, it's all or nothing. Either you win it all or it's meaningless. Rich Kotite is as good a coach as Marv Levy was. Thanks.

:rotfl1: Did Kotite actually take a team to the Super Bowl? For that matter, did Jabba?

Not fine at all but much better than goinbg 0 for the Century in reaching the playoffs.

That's true, but Jabba's record is still hardly the great thing you make it out to be. He inherited a decent team that made the playoffs in 2002, 2004, and 2006, and they would have likely made the playoffs most of the years they missed if Pennington and later Favre had been healthy.

The Jests are NOT and haven't been "one of the best teams in the league under Rex". See above.

Never going to work? I'm not talking Jimmy Johnson/Dan Marino, Dave Waanstedt/Jay Fiedler, Nick Saban/Daunte Culpepper, Cam Cameron/whoever was their QB, Tony Sparano/Chad henne.

How is 2 title game apps in 3 years not working? Not working is not winning a playoff game in over a decade, not working is 1 playoff app since 2002, not working is no title game apps since 1993.

Ryan/Sanchez is a joke. :sidelol: ... and now we see Junc bring up his favorite Jests accomplishment: losing 2 AFCCGs in a row. :sidelol:

How is one actual non-asterisk* worthy legitimate winning season in 3 years working? A case can be made that through the first 3 years in Philly, Kotite was a superior coach to Rex as what he accomplished, he did with no undeserved manna from heaven. :idk:

Sure Mark McGwire cheated to get into the record books, but on the other hand, unlike the jest who faced 2 teams who laid down for them having had absolutely nothing to gain in what they considered meaningless games other than keeping their starters healthy, at least MacGwire still had to hit balls over the fence that the pitchers weren't pitching underhand to him .

:rotfl1: Did Kotite actually take a team to the Super Bowl? For that matter, did Jabba?

That's true, but Jabba's record is still hardly the great thing you make it out to be. He inherited a decent team that made the playoffs in 2002, 2004, and 2006, and they would have likely made the playoffs most of the years they missed if Pennington and later Favre had been healthy.

The Jests are NOT and haven't been "one of the best teams in the league under Rex". See above.

Ryan/Sanchez is a joke. :sidelol: ... and now we see Junc bring up his favorite Jests accomplishment: losing 2 AFCCGs in a row. :sidelol:

Kotite won a playoff game, something Chan has never done.

He inherited a team that made the playoff sin '02, '04 & '06? That's like saying Chan inherited a 4 time AFC Champion. Those early mid 00s teams were completely different than the '09 team he inherited that missed the playoffs in '08 w/ a much easier sched an a HOF QB.

since Rex took over:

Most playoff wins in AFC
tied for most playoff wins in NFL
ONLY team in NFL to reach 2 title games

They have been one of the best.

A joke is going 0 for the Century in playoff apps, a joke is 15 years and counting w/o winning a playoff game, a joke is needing to farm out games to Canada.

Kotite won a playoff game, something Chan has never done.

He inherited a team that made the playoff sin '02, '04 & '06? That's like saying Chan inherited a 4 time AFC Champion. Those early mid 00s teams were completely different than the '09 team he inherited that missed the playoffs in '08 w/ a much easier sched an a HOF QB.

since Rex took over:

Most playoff wins in AFC
tied for most playoff wins in NFL
ONLY team in NFL to reach 2 title games

They have been one of the best.

A joke is going 0 for the Century in playoff apps, a joke is 15 years and counting w/o winning a playoff game, a joke is needing to farm out games to Canada.

2008 was the season that the Jests traded for Favre and cut Pennington loose. Penney had the last laugh, and the Jests didn't make the playoffs because Favre got hurt late in the season. They still had a great OL, a solid defense, a good running game, and a decent receiving corps but lacked a QB late. That's the team Jabba inherited, but you can't say that any of those units are as good in 2012 as they were in 2009. He's presided over the decline of the Jests.

Just because Jabba says it doesn't make it true, junc. You should have figured that out by now even if you won't admit it. 9-7 and 11-5 are nice but not nearly "one of the best" by a long shot, and failing to win the division and not making it to the SB really precludes the Jests from laying claim to being "one of the best". The only AFCE team that can make that claim plays its home games in Foxborough, MA. Deal with it. The Jests are also-rans.

Basking in the glory of being better than the Bills in last fifteen years really demonstrates how pathetic the Jests record has been.

Back
Top Bottom