Whoa, A New Sparano? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whoa, A New Sparano?

Yep. You always like to point out that the Dolphins haven't won **** in 40 years. I'm right there with you. Are we really going to spend the next week arguing that the Dolphins haven't won in our lifetimes?

It's not about that, Miami has had a much better franchise than NO or TB 1974-current despite the other 2 winning a SB each and Miami not winning one. TB and NO were awful most of the last 38 years, Miami was good for most of that time

and pretty much everyone has been better than Buffalo since 1966:lol:

That's true, but unlike yourself, I don't pretend it's not true by cherry-picking stats.

More importantly, I'm looking forward to the coming season because my team looks pretty good on paper, certainly better than the Jets do. What happened last year, much less three years ago or 35 years ago, has no bearing on 2012. What matters is what steps teams have taken since last season to improve themselves -- or NOT. :rimshot:

That's true, but unlike yourself, I don't pretend it's not true by cherry-picking stats.

More importantly, I'm looking forward to the coming season because my team looks pretty good on paper, certainly better than the Jets do. What happened last year, much less three years ago or 35 years ago, has no bearing on 2012. What matters is what steps teams have taken since last season to improve themselves -- or NOT. :rimshot:

what paper would that be? You have better RB depth and a better DL- pretty much everywhere else we are better and we actually have winning experience and a coach who has won in january.

Our team was better last year(despite the poor season) and is much better on paper now than the end of last season. Your team was bad last year and improved, you had more room to improve but you still haven't caught us despite your homeristic claims.

I don't cherry pick anything, I xdeal in reality but for someone like you it's hard to deal with.

It's not about that, Miami has had a much better franchise than NO or TB 1974-current despite the other 2 winning a SB each and Miami not winning one. TB and NO were awful most of the last 38 years, Miami was good for most of that time

It's been a long time since I remember the Dolphins being a real good team. New Orleans should be good so long as Drew Brees is around. Tampa Bay has the chance to be decent as well.

From 1974 to now, I'd trade any success you say the Dolphins might have had since then for the one SB win for TB and NO.

Who cares about franchise record? I don't care that you were great in the AFL days or in the early 90s when the AFC stunk. You have a few more wins and ZERO SB wins along w/ ZERO postseaso apps since 2000 and ZERO postseason wins since the mid 90s.

The NEW YORK represents NYC not NY State. We play in the NYC metro area just like Buf plays in the Bu metro area. ER, NJ is closer to NYC than OP is to Buffalo.

I guess you don't, seeing that it is an embarrassment to the Jets franchise. You cherry pick like no other I've seen. If you don't care about the Bills being great in the AFL days or in the early 90's when the AFC stunk, why should I or anyone else care that the Jets went to back-to-back AFCCG in '09 and '10 and lost? Why should that be something to be more proud of than anything that the Bills, Dolphins, or pretty much most NFL franchises have done? So you failed later in the year more recently than the Bills or Dolphins? So Fing what? You make it sound like it's the greatest accomplishment, but in reality, it's just another form of failure, and it's still failure. Win a Super Bowl with Rex, then brag, until then, he's an unproven blowhard. He's not even Andy Reid good. I personally hope Rex stays with the Jets for at least 10 more years. It'll be 10 more years that the Jets won't win a Super Bowl.......

I guess you don't, seeing that it is an embarrassment to the Jets franchise. You cherry pick like no other I've seen. If you don't care about the Bills being great in the AFL days or in the early 90's when the AFC stunk, why should I or anyone else care that the Jets went to back-to-back AFCCG in '09 and '10 and lost? Why should that be something to be more proud of than anything that the Bills, Dolphins, or pretty much most NFL franchises have done? So you failed later in the year more recently than the Bills or Dolphins? So Fing what? You make it sound like it's the greatest accomplishment, but in reality, it's just another form of failure, and it's still failure. Win a Super Bowl with Rex, then brag, until then, he's an unproven blowhard. He's not even Andy Reid good. I personally hope Rex stays with the Jets for at least 10 more years. It'll be 10 more years that the Jets won't win a Super Bowl.......

why is it an embarrassment? The Bills have had success throughout the years, just not recently.

'09 and '10 are recent and relevant, the 60s are not(do I crow about winning SB III?) and the 90s are not.

Obviously I want a SB but it's not easy to win them and I appreciate going to the playoffs and winning playoff games. '09 and '10 were really exciting times for Jet fans, when is the last time you had any excitement as a Bills fan? You guys are giddy signing a good, not great, pass rusher and acting like you signed reggie White- you don't think Jet fans should be excited actualyl winning big games in january?

If you want Rex to stay you want the Jets to be among the best teams in the league so thank you for that. I LOVE Chan Gailey b/c I know you will never win w/ him. rex has proven he can win big, just needs to 2 more wins in Jan/Feb.

The Jets are blaming most of last season's problems on Brian Schottenheimer. Sometimes simply a new face can help. I think a big part of this was that players and fans had come to dislike Brian Schottenheimer for whatever reasons and he simply had to go for them to start over again.

This is a good spot for Sparano because he was overwhelmed as a HC not to mention he lived here for a year with Ross looking to replace him and then expecting to be fired any day.

I go to a couple of Jet's boards and they say that on one hand Brian Schottenheimer's offnese was too complex but then also too simple. They had 5 formations, a lot of movement, different packages to run only the same 4 pass routes out of. (I'm very interested in seeing how Brian Schottenheimer does with the Rams).

Then they say that Sparano keeps things simple but also has a lot of "ideas". I try to explain to them that Sparano did not come up with the Wildcat and I thought that Tebow will be used in the same spread option as in Denver but at least so far (and it is early) Sparano does seem to be using the Wildcat. The Jet's Wildcat will not have Sanchez in it with nothing to do. It will be a better formation simply having the "QB playing WR" part out of it.

But it kind of shows Sparano as a plodder, thinking way back inside the box.

I expect a lot of ground and pound out of Sparano. It is what the Jets were doing best until they decided to have Sanchez try to win games for them last season and the fell apart.

There is something about Schotty's system that players have always thought was too complex. I remember rumblings back when Pennington was QB, that players felt like there was too much on him.Then Favre came and said the offense was too complicated. Then Sanchez has issues with it. This has not been a QB friendly offense. A lot of the problem is that Schotty doesn't even know what he wants, he tried to outsmart guys and outsmarted himself, he doesn't know how to get a offense into rhythm and hes all over the place with his calls. No identity as the offense is a game to game, we lost some games because we got away from the identity of the team.

I like how Sparano is bringing discipline to our offense and they will have an identity, hopefully guys are more comfortable/confident in the system. Holmes has said this offense is similar to the Steelers offense when he was there, he never liked Schotty's offense, hes complained about it multiple times.

why is it an embarrassment? The Bills have had success throughout the years, just not recently.

'09 and '10 are recent and relevant, the 60s are not(do I crow about winning SB III?) and the 90s are not.

Obviously I want a SB but it's not easy to win them and I appreciate going to the playoffs and winning playoff games. '09 and '10 were really exciting times for Jet fans, when is the last time you had any excitement as a Bills fan? You guys are giddy signing a good, not great, pass rusher and acting like you signed reggie White- you don't think Jet fans should be excited actualyl winning big games in january?

If you want Rex to stay you want the Jets to be among the best teams in the league so thank you for that. I LOVE Chan Gailey b/c I know you will never win w/ him. rex has proven he can win big, just needs to 2 more wins in Jan/Feb.

No he hasn't. Rex has proven he can't win a CG. Rex has proven he can't make it into the Super Bowl. That's all he's proven.

What's embarrassing is that you are taking this recent "success" the Jets have had and completely exaggerating it. They have done well these last three years, but nothing even remotely resembling elite. I guess you wouldn't understand because Jets fans have been so starved for success that they seem elite compared to other Jets teams. That might be true, but they aren't elite compared to other NFL teams.

No he hasn't. Rex has proven he can't win a CG. Rex has proven he can't make it into the Super Bowl. That's all he's proven.

He's 4-2 in the playoffs w/ 4 road wins. That's 4 more playoff wins than Grandpa Gailey has, that's 4 more than Buf as a franchise has since 1996, the 4 road playoff wins are as many as Buf has in their entire history and he's done this w/ a supposed crappy QB. Isn't it amazing how our HC sucks and our QB sucks yet we've had so much success?

What's embarrassing is that you are taking this recent "success" the Jets have had and completely exaggerating it. They have done well these last three years, but nothing even remotely resembling elite. I guess you wouldn't understand because Jets fans have been so starved for success that they seem elite compared to other Jets teams. That might be true, but they aren't elite compared to other NFL teams.

There is nothing exaggerated about it. The ONLY team in the NFL to reach 2 title games, LEAD the AFC in playoff wins, tied for NFL lead in playoff wins. That's elite no matter how jealous you are.

of course we are starved for success unlike a team that has NEVER won a SB, hasn't been to the playoffs this Century and hasn't won a playoff game since 1995. When you think success you think Buffalo Bills!:lol:

He's 4-2 in the playoffs w/ 4 road wins. That's 4 more playoff wins than Grandpa Gailey has, that's 4 more than Buf as a franchise has since 1996, the 4 road playoff wins are as many as Buf has in their entire history and he's done this w/ a supposed crappy QB. Isn't it amazing how our HC sucks and our QB sucks yet we've had so much success?

There is nothing exaggerated about it. The ONLY team in the NFL to reach 2 title games, LEAD the AFC in playoff wins, tied for NFL lead in playoff wins. That's elite no matter how jealous you are.

of course we are starved for success unlike a team that has NEVER won a SB, hasn't been to the playoffs this Century and hasn't won a playoff game since 1995. When you think success you think Buffalo Bills!:lol:

I'm talking about the Jets and you keep bringing up the Bills. Are the Bills really your benchmark? You boast about meaningless playoff wins, as if that means something. Talk to a Philly fan and ask them how elite they were when they were losing NFC Championships with regularity. I'm telling you this because when I look back on the Bills in the 90's, it's empty. There is no Super Bowl title, so they may have been closer than anyone else for four years straight, but they never closed the deal. Were they a solid team? Yes. Were they elite? Maybe, but without a Lombardi, it's tough to say. I'm shocked that you are so free to boast elite when the Jets haven't made it to a Super Bowl since Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison were still alive. To fall short of a Super Bowl title isn't elite. You can convince yourself all you want, but it won't make it any more true.

Try defending the Jets pathetic franchise record on their merits, not by diverting attention away to other non-important drivel..........

I'm talking about the Jets and you keep bringing up the Bills. Are the Bills really your benchmark? You boast about meaningless playoff wins, as if that means something. Talk to a Philly fan and ask them how elite they were when they were losing NFC Championships with regularity. I'm telling you this because when I look back on the Bills in the 90's, it's empty. There is no Super Bowl title, so they may have been closer than anyone else for four years straight, but they never closed the deal. Were they a solid team? Yes. Were they elite? Maybe, but without a Lombardi, it's tough to say. I'm shocked that you are so free to boast elite when the Jets haven't made it to a Super Bowl since Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison were still alive. To fall short of a Super Bowl title isn't elite. You can convince yourself all you want, but it won't make it any more true.

Try defending the Jets pathetic franchise record on their merits, not by diverting attention away to other non-important drivel..........

Philly was an elite team most of the 00s, they never won a SB(just like Buf in the 90s) but they were still elite.

I bring up the Bills b/c you would think a fan of Buf would appreciate playoff apps and title game apps considering you haven't made a postseason since 1999, haven't won a postseason game since 1995 and have only competed for ONE postseason from 2000-2011(when you lost to Pitt backups at home needing a win to get in during the '04 season).

Elite doesn't mean SB champs, elite teams are the best teams in the league. the best teams don't always win SBs, to be in the NFLs final 4 is elite. Only 4 of 32 teams make that game- only 12.5% of teams in this league- that's elite.

Philly was an elite team most of the 00s, they never won a SB(just like Buf in the 90s) but they were still elite.

I bring up the Bills b/c you would think a fan of Buf would appreciate playoff apps and title game apps considering you haven't made a postseason since 1999, haven't won a postseason game since 1995 and have only competed for ONE postseason from 2000-2011(when you lost to Pitt backups at home needing a win to get in during the '04 season).

Elite doesn't mean SB champs, elite teams are the best teams in the league. the best teams don't always win SBs, to be in the NFLs final 4 is elite. Only 4 of 32 teams make that game- only 12.5% of teams in this league- that's elite.

I appreciate SB wins, that's it. IMO, settling for anything else is a losers mentality.......

Back
Top Bottom