who's fault for TD pass Verner or Allen? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who's fault for TD pass Verner or Allen?

thaemcee2

B.A.M.F. 0321
Reaction score
Can someone with more knowledge than me answer....it kinda looked like cover 1 cause Allen was the lone high safety...but then again it could have been cover 3 where Verner had the deep third...I also saw that Jones was covering a TE about 6 yards off LOS and was not playing deep....
I know this loss was way more on the offense but damn I cant wait for McDonald to come back....a matter of time before they throw Tankersly in the fire, although I like Byron Maxwell, he didn't play well at all and gave too much cushion...it is only 1 game but if it continues than they will yank him and throw in the Tank...hopefully doesnt come to that though

cover.jpg

Mike T and Chris Grier's fault for not utilizing resources better to find better talent at such important positions.
Maybe if they would play Tank! You drafted the kid and he excelled in preseason. Why are you sitting him

Mike T and Chris Grier's fault for not utilizing resources better to find better talent at such important positions.

Tankersley and Mctyer both being inactive is on the coaching staff. Both of those guys are sub 4.4.

Verner is a sub 4.7 slot cb. Coaching staff decided to bench Maxwell or whatever in favor of putting him on the boundary. Having him as your top backup boundary cb is laughable. Tankersley at minimum should be that guy by default.

Slow ass secondary

We have a small sample size to judge Tankersley and Mctyer. Don't forget they were playing against backups during the preseason. Coaches see them in practice daily, and maybe they are just not ready.

It was verner

Allen got held to the top side post snap by the qbs eyes

Tj McDonald isn't gonna change that either

just pick your poison man........

Verner didn't have the speed to go with him. He looked very good all pre-season but he is getting older and maybe the speed isn't there. I agree, Cordrea Tankersley deserves serious consideration to come in. Especially if opponents are quick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom