Who's smarter? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's smarter?

volk

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Ok, so this really isn't about intelligence so much, but about the relative speed a new QB will learn our offense well enough to execute it smoothly. Which QB is going to pick it up and execute it quicker...Brees? Schaub? Culpepper? Anyone have a clue on their Wonderlicks and what we might expect from these guys to learn a new system? I can't help but think that physical talent is great, but isn't worth much if the brain power isn't there to master the new system quickly.

Culpepper has the big advantage because he played in this Linehan system in Minny!

I dont know..But if Frerrotte was able to come in here and learn it QUICKLY and perform as good as he did, then Brees should make Chambers, McMIchael, and R.Brown all pro-bowlers. Give that man the playbook TODAY!

Culpepper knows the terminology, the offense wont be the same really, but he will have the head up in learning it

There has been speculation that Brees is the smarter player, but Daunte already knows the Linehan system aka the "Dolphins System", so he would have the clear advantage there.

Also it has been mentioned before that Marino scored low on the Wonderlic (a 16 i believe?) and the man was just amazing at picking apart defenses and reading a defense like no one else, so it's hard to apply the Wonderlic test to real world results.

dolphindiehard said:
Culpepper has the big advantage because he played in this Linehan system in Minny!

The system isn't Linehan's anymore.
The terminology is going to stay the same NOT the system.

I don't see any evidence to think either Brees or Culpepper would have a problem learning.
I've never seen any reports to Culpepper having trouble and Brees is known as being a smart Qb.

Culpepper was in Linehan system last year without Linehan too. How did that fare?

Culpepper has the definite advantage in our case

Why can't we sign BREES....then trade his hiney to New Orleans with a decent package of draft pics and move up to get Cutler or Leinhart?

I believe in BOTH Brees and Culpepper....I think they can BOTH produce. However, that Schaub kid is impressive. I have seen him play...and the guy just takes over.

I could feel his confidance from the nosebleed section.

Delphis said:
Why can't we sign BREES....then trade his hiney to New Orleans with a decent package of draft pics and move up to get Cutler or Leinhart?

I believe in BOTH Brees and Culpepper....I think they can BOTH produce. However, that Schaub kid is impressive. I have seen him play...and the guy just takes over.

I could feel his confidance from the nosebleed section.

why? because Brees will get something like 8-10 million in gauranteed money that would count against the 06 cap. It could never be done.

Rixon said:
We wont be lucky enought to land him
but we can wish and dream
I think Whitehurst has more football knowledge than any of them. Being a son of a coach and already showed he can rise above adversity. I think he would be a steal and maybe some day be considered better than Young at certain aspects. Daunte can't be considered to bright from his recent actions and play and Brees seems to probably be the smartest out of the choices IMO. He handles himself well on and off the feild and proved he is a leader. Schaub also seems to be above Daunte because when he gos in for Vick their is no drop off and his players has respect for him.

Back
Top Bottom