Who's your favorite offseason addition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's your favorite offseason addition

Favorite off-season acquisition?

• Total voters
Julius Thomas is my favorite pickup this year.Think of what he brings to this offense if he is healthy and productive. The skys the limits with this O with a very good TE .Landry ,Stills,Parker,Tanny ,the J train ,Drake and Thomas.That is a special group.

Julius Thomas...we finally get the dangerous tight end....I believe he returns to Denver form reunited with Gase....also think he's a good fit for Tannehill.

Runnerup was Asiatta...we have missed the Incognito toughness since the stooges running this team created an environment that acted like political correctness belongs in a football lockerroom or a foxhole.

If the first two picks hit this was a very good offseason.

Timmons, just because he will plug one of the biggest holes on a bad defense. He will also be a good mentor to a very good pick in the draft......McMillan! One pick would not have been good without the other.

McMillan and Timmons are my two favorite additions, because Miami desperately needed LB's who can properly fill run lanes, and both players excel in this area. McMillan is the better add because of his age and ceiling. But, I think Miami was wise to add to starting LB's. The pair of McMillan and Cunningham reminds me of 2015 with McKinley and Kendricks, and both those players look like great picks, who are playing more like 1st RD LB's than 2nd RD LB's.

Suh hasn't played with a decent LB group since he left Detroit, and his disruption should be much more apparent in 2017. In penetrating schemes, it's the LB's job to make the DL right. If you don't have LB's who can do that, you see huge running lanes. Miami's D should take a significant step forward in 2017 because of LB play. I doubt Miami goes from a terrible run D to top-10 run D, but if they're just average, it's still a big step in the right direction.

How long has it been since one could say picking a favorite move for the off-season was difficult, not because they were all so bad, but because the were good.

The draft overall was excellent. I love the picks of Harris, McMillian, and Asiata. Harris gives us another Pass rusher to a unit that did struggle last season, Wakes age and the fact that we needed someone who could attack from the other side could be an issue for opposing offenses. Adding William Hayes to the mix and now you can allow Harris to play in sub packages as he improves his run defending his first year. McMillian finally gives us a potential leader at Mike, as sure of a tackler in the draft, this is an extremely mature 20-year-old who could potentially hold down the middle for the next decade. Asiata is a fantastic 5th round pick and one smart teams make...they get great value for this type of position late in the draft. Far too long we have screwed the pooch on any lineman that wasn't a round 1 pick, Asiata looks like a legit NFL guard with pro-bowl potential. It seems like we finally learned how to draft.

Other off-season moves...I really like the trades for Hayes and Thomas trades. Thomas gives us a legitimate seem threats who has experience with Gase's offense, while he underachieved in J-ville, hopefully with his prior relationship with Gase, we can get the most out of him. Hayes upgrades the run defense and with the additions of Timmons and McMillian, Jones returning to health, we should see significant improvement in this area. I love the keep your own strategy, after letting go guys that could have helped last year, it was nice to see this change.

Overall it was a different approach from the past, typically we make a couple of splash signings while also weakening the overall team. Now it seems like we have found success and made moves to specifically build on those particular successes and actually addressing weaknesses while not creating more holes. While not every hole was filled, I think the team has more talent then last year has made a concerted effort to address specific units while also not weakening other units.

Favorite off-season move - Tannehill's rehab

I went with Thomas, even though the 2 LBs may be more crucial to our success. Im just excited to see what Tannehill can do with a top teir TE...and a very reliable #2 in Fasano. Cant wait to see the offense this season.

Raekwon

I like quite a few of our additions but I think this is the type of "headsy" leader our defense needs moving forward.

Overall impact, I am presuming Charles Harris is more important and I was a Harris guy all along but the Buckeye fan in me loves Raekwon McMillian.

It's tough to pick one but I'd have to go with Timmons with Hayes and Thomas trailing extremely close.

I'm so stoked about the Hayes trade. The guy is a top run stopping end.

Thomas is the guy we've been waiting for since we tried it with Jordan Cameron.

I truly think he will do some great things for us. Fasano will be the not talked about pick up we thank the FO for grabbing lol

I'd say we have a pretty good overall offseason when you consider everything. Pretty excited about this one

I really like the off season as a whole.

Favorite Addition is Asiata. I don't think he will have the biggest immediate impact but as a 5th round Pick he has the potential (Hate that word) to change the whole outlook on our offensive line for a decade. Have not had this much optimism for out OL in a LONG time!

Most Immediate impact will come from Willy Hayes and I think we will be super surprised at how much immediate pressure Charles Harris is going to get.

Unfortunately we're about to see how closely tied individual performance is with the scheme they play in (and not silly grades like PFF) and how when properly used it highlights their talent. IOW, Hayes wont be a top rated run defender in our "wide 9 defense" as he played well last year lining up over tackles in a fundamentally sound run scheme, not kicked out on a far angle outside the TE.

My favorite acquisition will be the next DT the FO brings in as insurance for Phillips and our new rookies. Realistically, I don't expect both of them to make the active 45 and we need 4 who can play. Hint, hint....SenDerrick Marks.....

Overall, I like the combination of Timmons, Hayes, and Raekwon to address our issues on run d.

but i still think Julius Thomas will be the single best addition to the team in terms of production. i estimate 850 yards and 7 tds. but you mix that in with landry having 1000 and about 5-6 tds, stills with 850 and 8 tds, and parker with about 700 and 5-6 tds, and J-Train with the ground game, that is a really potent offense if healthy.

My favorite acquisition will be the next DT the FO brings in as insurance for Phillips and our new rookies. Realistically, I don't expect both of them to make the active 45 and we need 4 who can play. Hint, hint....SenDerrick Marks.....

neither of those 2 rookie dts are ready but I'm betting we are going to camp before we make a move. and if/when we do make a move it's gonna be a dirt cheap one.

Back
Top Bottom