why all the hate for ireland? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why all the hate for ireland?

thefranchisedef

Active Roster
Reaction score
I like how everyone hates ireland when the only thing he has done in his one year as full time gm is have a solid draft. He wasnt given an opportunity to add the players he wanted in free agency so he picked up the best playmaker possible, within the money he was allotted, in Reggie Bush. So why all the hate?

> players drafted by Ireland:
  • Mike Pouncey- Great draft pick
  • Daniel Thomas- Great draft pick
  • Clyde Gates- solid pick that filled a glaring need
  • Charles Clay- Great draft pick
  • Jimmy Wilson- Great draft pick
> players picked up in free agency:
  • Reggie Bush- Great pickup
  • Columbo- Bad pickup
  • Kevin Burnett- started season rough but has picked up play in recent weeks
  • Matt Moore- I hate the guy but he has filled in as a below average quarterback
So, with all this I dont understand the hate. The guy picked up two YOUNG playmakers in Reggie Bush and Kevin Burnett that every fan was screaming for. He solidified the offensive lines most important positions by drafting Mike Pouncey to pair with Jake Long. What did he do wrong? He wasnt given the money to go out and get the likes of ahmad bradshaw or trade for Kyle Orton. In my opinion, Jeff Ireland has done his job. He has put alot of talent on this team but people hate him because he didnt draft RYAN MALLETT. Enough is Enough! Ryan Mallett is a third string quarterback. He had ALOT of red flags. Oh, and Andy Dalton supposedly didnt have the arm strength for the pros (smh).. Just relax and let things play out! From what i seen the past 3 weeks this dolphins team is only missing two to three pieces on offense from being pretty damn nice. Just wait till 2012 when the nfl receives the most talented quarterback class since 1983.

this is true. not to mention ross had over-ruled and messed with his decisions as well. ireland is not so bad.

ONE game and now we're crowning Ireland again? LOL a great draft pick was AJ Green, or Andy Dalton, or Patrick Peterson, or Torrey Smith, or DeMarco Murray those were great draft picks. No one in this draft class for Miami has made any impact plays. For Irelands' sake I would hope a center drafted in the top 15 would be a great pick. Did you just put Kevin Burnett and "playmaker" in the same sentence? I don't think any fans were screaming for Kevin Brunette.

The reason people hate Jeff Ireland is everything else. Our secondary blows and he has not done a good job of addressing it, he has spent way too many picks on the defensive line, we have consistently struck out in free agency (the fact that Reggie Bush and Matt Moore are his best FA signings says it all), etc.

Also, let's not kid ourselves. Daniel Thomas seems like a good guy and I think he's going to be a solid RB, but that was not a good use of our second round pick. I like Pouncey, he's a good player and I'm glad he's on the Dolphins, but we needed an impact player with that pick and the simple truth is that a center is not really an impact player. Clyde Gates is just a waste of time, money, and space on the roster.

I'll give him Clay, though. That guy was a steal in the sixth round.

When you constantly draft linemen with your first round picks and ignore the most important position in all of sports you deserve to be fired.

The reason people hate Jeff Ireland is everything else. Our secondary blows and he has not done a good job of addressing it, he has spent way too many picks on the defensive line, we have consistently struck out in free agency (the fact that Reggie Bush and Matt Moore are his best FA signings says it all), etc.

Also, let's not kid ourselves. Daniel Thomas seems like a good guy and I think he's going to be a solid RB, but that was not a good use of our second round pick. I like Pouncey, he's a good player and I'm glad he's on the Dolphins, but we needed an impact player with that pick and the simple truth is that a center is not really an impact player. Clyde Gates is just a waste of time, money, and space on the roster.

lol Does Clyde Gates even have a catch yet...FAR from a solid pick that "solidified" a need.

He would be a good GM if you already have a strong base and contending team. Problem is we need home run hitters and he is drafting "safe" picks.
lol Does Clyde Gates even have a catch yet...FAR from a solid pick that "solidified" a need.
Gates does fit a need if we had a normal offensive plan. I'm not sure what we're doing with half the talent we have on this team. It's just now today that they discovered we have a tight-end and h-back in the offense.

And hey, I like Reggie Bush. He has a chip on his shoulder and he's playing tough football right now, but

DARREN SPROLES, hello?

Clyde Gates is still young at receiver, he has the tools. Mike Pouncey will be a top center in this league for years to come. Everyone was screaming for Mark Ingram but hated that we drafted Daniel Thomas? smh.
Lets forget that Reggie Bush is the utility playmaker that we were missing.

Look, I'm not saying that I was happy with our team, and I'm not saying that this team is close to good. I dont care if we won 2 straight games by 28 points ;). Fact is that Miami has had one of the hardest schedules in the league. They have been in EVERY game theyve played. They are a quarterback away from being serious.

Oh, and our secondary was top 10 last year when healthy, Something we haven't been all season. Did you forget about Vontae Davis? He's been battling hamstring problems since week one.

When you constantly draft linemen with your first round picks and ignore the most important position in all of sports you deserve to be fired.

LMAO!!! omg seriously? You do know that this is Jeff Ireland first real draft? So how is he "CONSTANTLY" drafting linemen in the first round???

Man sometimes post here make me laugh! We were all saying "omg what a deep threat Gates will be" or better this one "He should be our #2 receiver". Its funny how things are forgotten.

Clyde Gates is still young at receiver, he has the tools. Mike Pouncey will be a top center in this league for years to come. Everyone was screaming for Mark Ingram but hated that we drafted Daniel Thomas? smh.
Lets forget that Reggie Bush is the utility playmaker that we were missing.

Look, I'm not saying that I was happy with our team, and I'm not saying that this team is close to good. I dont care if we won 2 straight games by 28 points ;). Fact is that Miami has had one of the hardest schedules in the league. They have been in EVERY game theyve played. They are a quarterback away from being serious.

Oh, and our secondary was top 10 last year when healthy, Something we haven't been all season. Did you forget about Vontae Davis? He's been battling hamstring problems since week one.

Yo, I hate to break it to you but we did not have a good secondary last year. We were 7-9 and we got lit up by teams with good QBs.

Look at some of the QBs we picked on last season:

Trent Edwards (out of the league?)
Brett Favre (was horrible last year)
Carson Palmer
Kerry Collins
Bruce Gradkowski (career backup)
Mark Sanchez

The ONLY good QB we beat was Aaron Rodgers. The only one.

Brady lit us up for 41 and 38 points. Our secondary was a mirage. We lucked out and caught the Packers early in the year when they were ice cold and then beat up on absolute scrubs like Favre and Trent effing Edwards. When we faced good QBs, they scored on us.

No one was throwing at Vontae. the guy is our best playmaker on defense. He hits as hard as a strong safety and has ball skills out of this world.. NEWS FLASH- he hasnt been healthy since the first half of week 1.. smh

Really the only games we should've lost are the pats, jets, and chargers... also I guess the giants outplayed us. None of the other teams we played really outplayed us, more like we beat OURSELVES.

Look at the cleveland game, 1 play away from winning.

The broncos game, A TEAM HAS NOT A LOST A GAME LIKE THAT SINCE 1982!!!!!. Everythign had to work out perfectly for the broncos. Recovering that onside kick was just PURE LUCK, and Marlon Moore (who had the ball in his hands and just dropped it) probably lost his spot on this team for that.

The giants game and texans game, both were very close and competitive.

NOT TO MENTION WE LOST OUR STARTING QB A FEW GAMES IN... WHO HAD BEEN LOOKING LIKE A DIFFERENT PERSON. Tell me how many teams can lose their starting QB and be fine...

I think its a FACT, not an opinion, that if Henne was starting and we had JUST 3-4 PLAYS go our way instead of the other teams, we would be 4-4 at the worst, and everyones attitude on this board would be a lot different...

This team is 3-4 plays from being 4-4... they are NOT THE COLTS, who are getting blown out 62-9 and whatever, this team is a LOT BETTER than most people on this board think they are, we should really be 3-5 at the absolute worst, if not for some insanely lucky onside kicks / missed field goals vs hou / cleveland / dumb plays like that.

No one was throwing at Vontae. the guy is our best playmaker on defense. He hits as hard as a strong safety and has ball skills out of this world.. NEWS FLASH- he hasnt been healthy since the first half of week 1.. smh

agreed, not many teams can afford to lose their #1 quarterback, as well as their #1 cornerback.

Yet we are still 3 or 4 plays from being a 4-4 team.

Back
Top Bottom