why all the hate for ireland? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why all the hate for ireland?

Lets get a few things clear:

This is Irelands second draft and in both has drafted linemen in the first round.

Mallet is a 3d string QB. You do realize who he sits behind?

Vontae Davis is not a playmaker. How many Int's does he have in his career? Wasnt he benched today for failing to prepare?

Our secondary was garbage last year.

As to the notion that they have been in every game, they should have blown out Denver and Cleveland.

Ireland Is unqualified to be a GM. He belongs in a scouting department not running an NFL franchise.

Lets get a few things clear:

This is Irelands second draft and in both has drafted linemen in the first round.

Mallet is a 3d string QB. You do realize who he sits behind?

Vontae Davis is not a playmaker. How many Int's does he have in his career? Wasnt he benched today for failing to prepare?

Our secondary was garbage last year.

As to the notion that they have been in every game, they should have blown out Denver and Cleveland.

Ireland Is unqualified to be a GM. He belongs in a scouting department not running an NFL franchise.

His 2nd nfl draft he drafted a Oline in both? Last year was Jared Odrick right (DT)? VD is not the biggest playmaker there is but he is a solid DB. He hits hard and covers well. Just because he does not get alot of INT does not say so.

Nnamdi Asomugha has only had 5 INT since 07. He has 13 for his career because of 1 season having 8. Would you say he is not a playmaker? No right? Stats dont say all the story.

His 2nd nfl draft he drafted a Oline in both? Last year was Jared Odrick right (DT)? VD is not the biggest playmaker there is but he is a solid DB. He hits hard and covers well. Just because he does not get alot of INT does not say so.

Nnamdi Asomugha has only had 5 INT since 07. He has 13 for his career because of 1 season having 8. Would you say he is not a playmaker? No right? Stats dont say all the story.

Well that one season of having 8 would equal atleast 4x the amount our entire defense has halfway through the season... I would have taken 4 and sh1t the bed. Most players have been disappointing this season, even if a hamstring injury, vontae has been one. Daniel as an RB that goes hard as **** still fights it and plays as often as he can.

His 2nd nfl draft he drafted a Oline in both?
Where did I say Oline? Go back and re-read it.

Additionally I am not a stats guy. Teams dont throw at Asomugha the way they do Davis. It is no coincidence that his ints dropped. To try and mention Davis in the same breath as Nnamdi is ridiculous.

You tell me that stats are not everything then base your argument with them?

Again. Where was our "playmaker" today?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that one season of having 8 would equal atleast 4x the amount our entire defense has halfway through the season... I would have taken 4 and sh1t the bed. Most players have been disappointing this season, even if a hamstring injury, vontae has been one. Daniel as an RB that goes hard as **** still fights it and plays as often as he can.

So its all about stats??? Hmmm..... Lets get Ashante Samuels. He is the biggest playmaker and dominant CB! After all he has so many INT's. Yea I doubt Samuel is even better than Vontae.

Where did I say Oline? Go back and re-read it.

Additionally I am not a stats guy. Teams dont throw at Asomugha the way they do Davis. It is no coincidence that his ints dropped. To try and mention Davis in the same breath as Nnamdi is ridiculous.

You tell me that stats are not everything then base your argument with them?

Ok I read your post and I guess you meant Oline. But you made the same mistake. When did I put Nnamdi and Davis in the same category! Yes I know they dont throw at him at all, who would he is a 6'2 beast! My point is even tho he does not get the INT he rarely miss tackles and get burned.

Where did I say Oline? Go back and re-read it. <br>
<br>
Additionally I am not a stats guy. Teams dont throw at Asomugha the way they do Davis. It is no coincidence that his ints dropped. To try and mention Davis in the same breath as Nnamdi is ridiculous. <br>
<br>
You tell me that stats are not everything then base your argument with them? <br>
<br>
<br><br>Ok I read your post and I guess you meant Oline. But you made the same mistake. When did I put Nnamdi and Davis in the same category! Yes I know they dont throw at him at all, who would he is a 6'2 beast!&nbsp; My point is even tho he does not get the INT he rarely miss tackles and burned.&nbsp;

Ok I read your post and I guess you meant Oline. But you made the same mistake. When did I put Nnamdi and Davis in the same category! Yes I know they dont throw at him at all, who would he is a 6'2 beast! My point is even tho he does not get the INT he rarely miss tackles and get burned.
So how can you possibly refer to him as a playmaker and no I didn't mean OL. The defense has linemen as well. Had I meant OL I would have said OL.

You compared Davis having no ints with Nnamdi.

Again, for the third time where was Davis yesterday?

My eyes are burning after reading this thread...

He must go because he failed to address the most important position in the game!

Ireland and Sparano are the personification of Parcells ghost. We`ve got to exorcise Davie! Clean the house of all this 3yd at a time ground and pound BS. It worked in the 80´s and 90´s but we are in a pass happy league for crying out loud!

One win has sent this forum spiraling into madness. It is Ireland's job to make sure we're a complete team that can win in this league. We're still 1 and ****ing 7. Unless he was stealing paychecks, he did have a hand in the first 3 years. As for this year, everyone loves every draft we have until the 1 to 2 years have passed to realize most of them were busts. The only consistent player we've had from this draft is the C we picked 15th. Andy Dalton. DeMarco Murray. Those are GREAT picks. DT is not having a good rookie year. You cannot always be injured. When he has played, he's been pretty bad the past 3 games. Gates has been terrible. Clay showed up for the first time yesterday by exploiting a seam in the KC secondary. Pouncey is good but he hasn't redefined the C position. He's still one of the highest picked interior lineman in history. If we'd taken any chances in the last draft and were holding on to any legitimate game changers from it then I might be able to at least consider the possibility of keeping Ireland. But we didn't and we're a terrible team. Signing the "young, playmaker" Kevin Burnett hardly changes that.

this is true. not to mention ross had over-ruled and messed with his decisions as well. ireland is not so bad.

Dude the team is 1-7 and in worse shape depth wise than when they got here 4 years ago. Burnett has been a bust, and Dansby has been close to one. He TRADED for Reggie Bush, and had to give up a draft pick to get him, meanwhile New Orleans who we got Bush from signed Sproles to fill the same role as Bush AS A FREE AGENT (it didn't cost New Orleans anything to sign him) and on top of that got him for almost $ 600,000 a year LESS than we are paying Bush !!!!!

He also signed Marc Colombo - that alone should get someone fired.

Also this years draft has been so-so and you can't judge it completely until the end of the season. Just because a player had a good game yesterday, doesn't mean they are a great pick. Thomas has missed half of this years games - that is a great pick ????

Back
Top Bottom