Why are Dolphins so high on Lamar Miller? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are Dolphins so high on Lamar Miller?

They may be right, still hope they resign Bush I dont see Miller as a better back but if he is it still wouldnt hurt

Get that man some new shoes!! He stumbles a LOT.

My question: they knew Reggie was going to be a FA, they must have had some idea that they were considering handing the reins to Miller...so why didn't they give him the ball more in games??

My guess is that they didn't use Miller all that much because they wanted to see what they had in DT. Now that they know Miller is the better back they'll give him the rock the majority of the time, even if Bush signs back with us.

I think Miller's pass blocking was what keep his carries limited. Hopefully that will not be a problem next season.

I think Miller's pass blocking was what keep his carries limited. Hopefully that will not be a problem next season.

I read that they view Miller as a better blocker than Bush, actually. Not saying you're wrong because I remember that being an issue earlier in the year. But it was some time after the season I recall hearing they think Miller's blocking is just fine.

I read that they view Miller as a better blocker than Bush, actually. Not saying you're wrong because I remember that being an issue earlier in the year. But it was some time after the season I recall hearing they think Miller's blocking is just fine.

Drivel!

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing that could be a concern is the injury issue. They knew he had shoulder issues. They might have wanted to change running style and give the shoulder time to heal-strenghten without the pounding. In my mind this pick was a future pick, hence the reason his talent outshined his eventual draft position. The guy was a talent in many peoples views. Injury and ready to play issues along with the postions value in todays game caused a drop, not talent or predicted productivness.

maybe they wanted to keep Miller fresh and give him as little touches so he could be ready for this season as more impact role. Also it was Bush's last season, they probably wanted to see whether he was worthy to re sign. Could be something as simple as Philbin's coaching style, a "players coach". I remember when John Fox was in Carolina, he was known to start the veterans over the younger guys (rookies) even if they were playing better.

maybe they wanted to keep Miller fresh and give him as little touches so he could be ready for this season as more impact role. Also it was Bush's last season, they probably wanted to see whether he was worthy to re sign. Could be something as simple as Philbin's coaching style, a "players coach". I remember when John Fox was in Carolina, he was known to start the veterans over the younger guys (rookies) even if they were playing better.

well imo if they were testing Bush to see if he would hold up , i think he did a very good job at it , huh ? i think we need to bring Bush bk atleast for 1-2 more years and let him split carries with Miller , only because we didnt see enough of Miller last year to see if he was going to take over for Bush.

Then you really don't watch football do you? better? this kid is a stud, did you not see the moves and the explosiveness he has? he gos to and through the line of scrimmage and not dance to it.

That's Argumement does not hold water, Reggie wants to be paid period, Miller average 4.9 yards per carry, he isn't bush and surely isn't him, why do you think the dolphins drafted Miller? Reggie can get you 12 yards but also lose 12. Bush is important to the team but not critical.

Then you really don't watch football do you? better? this kid is a stud, did you not see the moves and the explosiveness he has? he gos to and through the line of scrimmage and not dance to it.

We honestly haven't seen enough . . . I saw the kid for 2 solid years at UM and he was often sluggish and wen't down easy. Not to say I "knew" potential was there because he would literally shine at Spring Games and practices . . . then again so would Mike James (who's eligible this year and would give us some thunder and lightning if we don't decide to keep Reggie). When I see Duke Johnson at Miami . . . now that is explosive . . . and I never saw Lamar Miller look close to what Duke Johnson looks like. Miller did hit homeruns at the U, no doubt, but he'd often get tackled for a loss or no gain because he just didn't hit the hole that hard.

Now that being said, I saw a more "hungry" runner last season when he came in to games and he looked like a guy I wanted to see more of . . . why we did not, even when Thomas went down . . . I have no idea.

4.9 yards a carry period, I think they see him developing even more this year.

The problem with Reggie is he seems to be doing more and more dancing rather than taking what is given.

They have to smartly manage the salary cap and if Miller can do as well or better carrying the ball, and they don't intend to use the HB as a big part of the passing game....then Reggie is not worth the money spent. We're not talking about Adrian Peterson here, Reggie is a good player...he is not a great player.

Back
Top Bottom