Why are our Fins hated so? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are our Fins hated so?

We won't be hated this year. Miami is the biggest "babyface" or "sympathetic" figure in the entire league this year.

Everyone feels sorry for us!

We have managed to consistently good (but not great) team for quite a few years. We get to the playoffs (except for the past two years) and go no where with it.

There's a lot of teams who get knocked out of the play offs and say "we would have done better". We did the same thing when the Bills were four time losers in the Super bowl.

We might actually change that a little this year. People like under dogs.

I'll tell you why the Phins are so hated. Because of the fans. Outside of philly you wont find a more hated foe, at least not here in Indy. Rude, obnoxous and just plain stupid when the Phin fans come to our stadium. I used to think that the Raiders fans where the worst till I went to a game against the Phins. I've never met a phin fan that wasn't totally full of himself at a game. That being said, you guys have been cool since ive been here. And to be honest, when i first registered, i was going to just bash the hell out of ya till i saw how devastated the Ricky leaving had left you.

I would compare last years pats situation right before the season to ours EXCEPT THAT they have superior coaching to ours... therefore im just holding my breath for this season... i refuse to turn my back onb my beloved fins but at the same time id be satisfied with 9-7 and a chance at the wild card

Fawn Lebowitz said:
I'll tell you why the Phins are so hated. Because of the fans. Outside of philly you wont find a more hated foe, at least not here in Indy. Rude, obnoxous and just plain stupid when the Phin fans come to our stadium. I used to think that the Raiders fans where the worst till I went to a game against the Phins. I've never met a phin fan that wasn't totally full of himself at a game. That being said, you guys have been cool since ive been here. And to be honest, when i first registered, i was going to just bash the hell out of ya till i saw how devastated the Ricky leaving had left you.
I realllllly dont think u r correct with this statement. youve probably just had bad experiences. I have horrible experiences with Broncos fans, every1 of em seems to b snobs too me, but its probably the same way. I really dont think ppl think of Miami fans as rude and obnoxious. Whenever u say fan, rude,snotty u automatically say Oakland and Philly...Not miami.

SuperDuper said:
Now I must temper this by stating that I now live in NYC so I am surrounded by infidels sporting green and white, but it seems everywhere I turn the national media is loving this. Now I understand that part of the media's purpose is to add to the detritus of everyday life, but there seems to be a definite feeling of resounding glee at what most sports writers are referring to as the worst post season across all sports EVER. They love the fact that this happened to Miami, especially Miami. In my encounters I have found that most people who watch the NFL hate our beloved Fins.

WHY?!?

Because we went undefeated OVER 30 years ago? At a time that I wish I could have witnessed, but simply hadn't even been conceived.

Because we had Dan Marino? One of the greatest QBs ever, who failed to win a Super Bowl, and forever will be plagued by it.

Because Miami-Dade is so absolutely removed from the general conception of the US that it is easier to just discount altogether?

Regardless of what has happened with Ricky running from his bipolar demons there still can be hope. From a simple fan perspective you will NOT be seeing Run Ricky up the middle for no gain, run Ricky between the tackles for 3 yards, Ricky finally doesn't get smacked at the line and breaks away for 8 yards. 1st down... Jay scrambles right, throws across his chest and the entire fan base feints in anticipation of an interception. Well maybe that last bit... No, you wont see Ricky at 3rd and 15 running for 4 yards because a halfwit thinks 1 man can make a football team.

Was this team a possible Super Bowl contender with Ricky? No. The D failed at too many critical stops and the offense was too conservative spending more emphasis on ball control than putting 7 on the board. So where are we now?

I don't know. But I kinda like it.
Where are we now? We still have the same coach that lives for the type of playcalling that you described above.

Back
Top Bottom