Why couldn't the Raiders stop the Tannehill to Hartline connection? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why couldn't the Raiders stop the Tannehill to Hartline connection?

their starting cb was out. the second string cb was told to give cushion and not get beat deep at all cost.

Hartline will not have a field day next week.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/miami-dolphins/0ap2000000062543/Week-2-Ryan-Tannehill-highlights

It looked like they connected on the same exact comeback route at least 10 times. Why didn't the Raiders adjust to this?

Reminded me of playing Madden with my little brother...

If they couldnt defend it thats their fault.

One of the very, very, very few things that ive ever remember Trent Dilfer saying was his "philosophy" concerning being a quarterback was giving the ball to the best player. If Shannon Sharpe was open on first down, the ball was going to Sharp. If Shannon Sharpe was open second down, the ball was going to Shannon. If Shannon Sharpe was open on third down, the ball was going to Shannon. Same thing with this game. The Raiders are lucky Philbin and Sherman were coaching(because they wouldnt laugh in their face). Had it been me and i saw that opening, i would have called it every single play and reviled in it.
Philbin played it smart and exploited a weakness they hadnt discovered(or they had discovered it and ignored it?) or thought they could just "cover up".

Raiders got outcoached.

No defense can stop a perfect pass. Back shoulder passes are so hard to stop because the corner is trying to stay between the WR and the endzone when playing off man. I like the way Tannehill throws to the sideline but he's doing it way too much and setting himself up for a pick 6. I would like to see more seam and post throws mixed in but I'll take what the Defense gives us.

Their complete inability to adjust to what eventually became hilariously predictable in constantly going to Hartline speaks very poorly for that very young, unaccomplished coaching staff. Raiders are profoundly ****ed.

It was refreshing to see. Henning and company usually stopped doing what worked well and tried different things. Not so with this coaching staff. Good thing.

Their complete inability to adjust to what eventually became hilariously predictable in constantly going to Hartline speaks very poorly for that very young, unaccomplished coaching staff. Raiders are profoundly ****ed.

I got great news for you. I got really, really great news for you.

Dave Wannstedt is the defensive coordinator of the Buffalo Bills.

No defense can stop a perfect pass. Back shoulder passes are so hard to stop because the corner is trying to stay between the WR and the endzone when playing off man. I like the way Tannehill throws to the sideline but he's doing it way too much and setting himself up for a pick 6. I would like to see more seam and post throws mixed in but I'll take what the Defense gives us.

Yes this! LOL

What I don't understand is how this talent-less team manage to score the third most points this week, lead the league in rushing and accumulated 452 yds of total offense!

Tanne was throwing Hartline open on those out routes. Pure timing and arm strength. Bam.
tha
Credit goes to Hartline for good route running... but Hartline wasn't "burning" the DB by any means. He was running an exact route w. a QB that could put the ball in that fractional space that the route gave him. Again, credit to Hartline for the routes and actually making the catches, but that was really rare for a rookie QB to make those throws again and again... something special on the way, imo.

LD

Back
Top Bottom