Why defend Gus | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why defend Gus

les dauphins

jesus of suburbia
Reaction score
Why are people defending Gus, bad play calling dropped balls I don't care he's not bad he's terrible let's just start sage or lemon (it's like a recipe) I know their probably worse than Gus but at least we''ll know there worse

I have no earthly idea why, at this point, any person that is a fan of the Dolphins, would defend Gus Frerotten.

yep i agree. its sage's turn to start. i was one of those people that never wanted Gus brought down here. I knew he sucked before wearing a fin uniform and still sucks.

I can't believe people that were on the gus bus haven't gotten off?

well when folks start saying "maybe Jay wasnt so bad after all", its darn near impossible to defend Gus.

Personally, it's not that I believe Gus is playing well, it's that I have no reason to believe we have anybody that can do better. The "let's give Sage (or Lemon) a shot b/c he can't do any worse" crowd just seems ignorant to me. It is the lamest argument anyone can provide. It amounts to "I don't know". I believe the coaches would put the best players in. To believe otherwise would mean that I think they are either incompetent or don't want to win.

les dauphins said:
Some people don't realize that this is a team not a hershey bar change is good
personally, I would trade gus for a Hershey bar. :evil:

Lemon or Sage can do worse and probably will but going into the off-season we have to know that not just assume it

personally, I would trade gus for a Hershey bar.

we'll throw in reggie howard for a glass of milk

rafael said:
Personally, it's not that I believe Gus is playing well, it's that I have no reason to believe we have anybody that can do better. The "let's give Sage (or Lemon) a shot b/c he can't do any worse" crowd just seems ignorant to me. It is the lamest argument anyone can provide. It amounts to "I don't know". I believe the coaches would put the best players in. To believe otherwise would mean that I think they are either incompetent or don't want to win.
At this point I would like to see what Sage can do in Linehan's offense. We aren't going to the playoffs with Gus behind center, I don't think you'll find many that will argue that point. We know what Gus brings to the table. We don't completely know what Sage brings, why not find out? I don't look at is as throwing in the towel, I look at it as trying to improve the play from the QB position.

rafael said:

the only thing i can say is that we all know what Gus is. We are seeing it first hand and the rest of the NFL has seen it for 9 years i think. at best he is a backup QB. We dont know what we have in the others. They may be worse...but they may also be better. But we wont know until we get them in there and see how they handle it.

rafael said:

Thank you. A voice of reason. Nobody is saying that Gus is good, but the reality is that for this year, he's probably the best option we have. Just because we haven't given Sage or Lemon the chance to fail doesn't mean they are any better. You have to trust the coaches ability to judge talent, leadership, etc.

Also, remember that a big part of the reason Gus was brought here was because he knows Lineham's system. Installing a new system for the entire offense to learn is much easier when the qb knows it, even if he doesn't have the talent to really use it to it's full potential. Then next year,our new qb can learn it with Gus as a mentor and the rest of the O already familiar with it.

We simply don't have a good qb on the roster. Wishing won't make it so. Saban is going to use what he's got this year with the long term success of the team in mind. Panicking and going to Sage/Lemon is something Wanny would do.

It just sux...I mean, what a let down. I know thier was probably a better play to call at the end of the game, but to force a bad pass like that, i can't take it anymore.:fire:

phinz8202 said:
We dont know what we have in the others. They may be worse...but they may also be better. But we wont know until we get them in there and see how they handle it.

It's not our job to know what we have in the others, it's the coaches', and apparently they feel they do know. Putting them in to prove it to the fans is not something Nick will feel compelled to do, nor should he.

Back
Top Bottom