Why did so many teams pass on Quinn? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why did so many teams pass on Quinn?

McMichael

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
He slipped further than any player in recent history.

He was even invited to the Green Room, and then had to leave because so many teams were passing. This is a perfect case of NFL teams knowing more than the media does.

Brady Quinn definitely sold himself, and the media helped him. Obviously the teams weren't really interested.

And it's not like every team that passed on him was set at quarterback either. How about Buffalo? or NYJ? Are they really set with J.P Lossman????? and Chad "missed another season" Pennington?

Instead Buffalo takes a Running Back, and the NYJ trade up to take a corner! .... If Brady Quinn really had so much potential, I think either one of those teams would have knabbed him up quick at their spots.

Anyway this is all speculation of course until we see how he plays and what he can do. Guys like Joey Harrington have went top 3, while Tom Brady goes in the 6'th round.

I guess 26 NFL teams knew better than to take Dan Marino right? 'Cause that guy was such a bust only being a late first rounder and all. :rolleyes2

QB is more likely than any other position to fall. If you have a young QB that you've invested a lot in (Losman) and you're not ready to give up on him Quinn doesnt help you. But a RB helps you a lot. Pennington has injury concerns but do you really want to use a high 1st round pick on a backup you're taking just in case? You could find a player like that in the midrounds, or 2nd round even but fill a need w/ your first pick.

And Rogers wasnt projected 10-20, people projected to go around 20 arent invited to the draft.

Its was rumored Dallas and J-Ville were intrested in him as he fell.

I don't think that many teams really needed or wanted a QB, and they certainly were not going to take a QB like Quinn early on. You can often get a much better QB by waiting around. I think Favre was a 2nd round pick, just like Beck this year. I think the QB position is the hardest one to predict. Some guys can't adjust to the NFL and fizzle out very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom