Why did we not challenge the TERRIBLE spot that robbed us of a 1st down? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why did we not challenge the TERRIBLE spot that robbed us of a 1st down?

N-E-O

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I was yelling for Philbin to throw the challenge flag but I guess he was saving it for today...
Why not at least make them lie again after looking at the film?

Because we had 1 TO left for the game
Also, i didn't see anything definitive that said we would have gotten a better spot. You never saw the ball!

The kicker missed a FG and tanne threw a pick in OT. That 1st down didn't cost us the game

The kicker missed a FG and tanne threw a pick in OT. That 1st down didn't cost us the game

Any play can influence the outcome of the game. We DID get that first down. We got a HORRIBLE spot. That could have been the drive that put it away. You never know.

Gotta try...He had that yardage

Did he? I mean sure I have seen refs spot that ball better but it wasn't a god awful spot and I rewinded the play several times. He needed to be on the 32 and I don't think he got all the way there . . . though I think he was a few inches further than the spot.

Point is, the Fins had one timeout left and Philbin knows that wasn't getting overturned. For all we know, Philbin challenges that call, loses and then with those change of events the whole game is changed and the Fins end up wishing they had that timeout and we are crucifying him for wasting it on a play he should of known that wasn't getting overturned.

Whether we made the spot or not . . . . that wasn't getting overturned.

Real time I thought we had it too, wanted a challenge. After seeing the replay, I wasn't sure, and there certainly wasn't enough to overturn it. Philbin felt the same.

Your nickel and diming Philbin when he made the right call.

No good camera angle to give proof that he made the line. I think the other ref should have spot the ball.

Real time I thought we had it too, wanted a challenge. After seeing the replay, I wasn't sure, and there certainly wasn't enough to overturn it. Philbin felt the same.

Your nickel and diming Philbin when he made the right call.

For the record I like Philbin but he should have threw the flag...the knee's stayed up a long time.

Did he? I mean sure I have seen refs spot that ball better but it wasn't a god awful spot and I rewinded the play several times. He needed to be on the 32 and I don't think he got all the way there . . . though I think he was a few inches further than the spot.

Point is, the Fins had one timeout left and Philbin knows that wasn't getting overturned. For all we know, Philbin challenges that call, loses and then with those change of events the whole game is changed and the Fins end up wishing they had that timeout and we are crucifying him for wasting it on a play he should of known that wasn't getting overturned.

Whether we made the spot or not . . . . that wasn't getting overturned.

Isn't this the entire thing? The entire catch 22? Players, Coaches etc will never win w/o winning against "fans." Damned if you do damned if you don't. So i say be damned and do!

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

For the record I like Philbin but he should have threw the flag...the knee's stayed up a long time.

I doubt that....But sure if you say so.

I'm sure you would've been the same person who started a thread killing Philbin if he challenged that call and lost because he only had 1 timeout left. No way that was getting overturned. Philbin was right not to challenge that.

Isn't this the entire thing? The entire catch 22? Players, Coaches etc will never win w/o winning against "fans." Damned if you do damned if you don't. So i say be damned and do!

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

I doubt that....But sure if you say so.

Yea...You sure know my feeling better than I do...

You guys are a hoot...

Back
Top Bottom