Why did we trade back. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why did we trade back.

Zildjianz

Active Roster
Reaction score
Why did we trade back in the 5th round to get a 6th. What else did we get for doing that. Then I see we just traded down in the 7th. Where can we see what we got in return for trading down. I'm not finding that info anywhere.

We traded up in the 5th to get our guard of the future.
To trade up 2 slots we gave up our last pick in 5th round and got 10th pick in the 6th round in return.
In another move we traded down from 5th spot in the 7th to the 19th spot in the 7th round.
For doing that we got a 7th rounder for next years draft in return.
Got it.

To move up a bit for Asiata I believe which was a great move kept three picks just move one back into the 6th

We did that to move up in the 5th to get Asiata. As for the 7th rounder I'm guessing we had a player targeted and he got scooped up before falling to us so we grabbed an extra 7th for next year.

yea it was a condition of the trade up for Asiata, traded up 2 spots and in turn gave up a 5th for a 6th

We traded up in the 5th to get our guard of the future.
To trade up 2 slots we gave up our last pick in 5th round and got 10th pick in the 6th round in return.
In another move we traded down from 5th spot in the 7th to the 19th spot in the 7th round.
For doing that we got a 7th rounder for next years draft in return.
Got it.
Thanks for the break down bro.

Why did we trade back? Picks and money:

jeff_zps0d4a957f.png

Why else?

Thanks bro, where did you glean that info from? I looked around for the info before posting.

Ooops, I did. Fat fingered it, coupled with bad eyes in my old age lol.

My read is that we really wanted Isaac Asiata and didn't want to take the risk of Denver picking him just ahead of us.

Back
Top Bottom