Why Does Brett Favre Always Got To Go Through This? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Does Brett Favre Always Got To Go Through This?

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Packers | Favre's grandmother suffers a stroke
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 18:42:18 -0800

Packers.com reports Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre's grandmother, Izella French, suffered a stroke Tuesday, Dec. 13. Favre described her as "going in and out." Favre however, expressed some optimism. "The fact that she's in there with a stroke is not good," he said. "But they think she should be okay."

Everyone goes through it. They have to. He's lucky to have a living grandmother at his age. I only have 1 grandparent left.

I think a lot of players have gone through this kinda stuff over the past 5 or so years, but he's Brett Favre so we hear about it a lot more.

Sorry to say you will go through it too Ace. It's part of life. All in all, I would say Favre has led a pretty amazing life.

All four of mine have been dead for decades...they usually have at least 50 years on you, it's to be expected. I guarentee practically every player in the NFL past age 25 have lost a parent or grandparent.

EDIT: Why does everybody make Brett out to be a Stranton/Rudy-type, overcoming ever possible obstacle to achieve what he has? He's a great player, but let's not do to him what ESPN announcers did to Ted Bruschi.

Im tired of hearing about Farve. I hope his Grandma is doing well, I wish her the best. Isnt there another Monday Nighter with Green Bay coming up? Man, Madden and Micheals will be all over this for 3-4 hours straight. Every completetion 'and this is with his grandma in the hosiptial', cant wait.

finfansince72 said:
Im tired of hearing about Farve. I hope his Grandma is doing well, I wish her the best. Isnt there another Monday Nighter with Green Bay coming up? Man, Madden and Micheals will be all over this for 3-4 hours straight. Every completetion 'and this is with his grandma in the hosiptial', cant wait.

That reminds me of every Feeley completion where they would say "and this from a guy that sucks."

SMadison29 said:
I think a lot of players have gone through this kinda stuff over the past 5 or so years, but he's Brett Favre so we hear about it a lot more.
i was about to say that. you hear all the time about players missing practices or whatever for "family reasons." favre gets more pub

come to think of it...Favre is very lucky. He has never had an injury. And dont give me crap about how that isnt luck, because one wierd tackle and you'll end up like Theisman.

man Favre has the worst luck

his dad dying at Christmas
Friend (Reggie White) dies at Christmas
Wife goes through breast cancer
Hurricane Katrina destroying his home
now this

Packer Fan said:
man Favre has the worst luck

his dad dying at Christmas
Friend (Reggie White) dies at Christmas
Wife goes through breast cancer
Hurricane Katrina destroying his home
now this

Yeah that hurts someone's play worse than a crippling injury:rolleyes:

SMadison29 said:

Exactly.

ih8brady said:
Yeah that hurts someone's play worse than a crippling injury:rolleyes:
wow

he said favre has the worst luck, not "he's lucky to play the way he does with all this happening"

i know i know, family members dying isn't that big of a deal to you

Back
Top Bottom