Why Ireland's Departure May Ultimately Doom This Team | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Ireland's Departure May Ultimately Doom This Team

He doesn't get to claim 2008 because Parcells was in charge meaning he had not one winning season as Dolphins GM.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

I have been waiting for this. The infamous blame it on the fans mantra.

Makes sense. There's another super homer who posts here who roots for another team. He blamed the fans too when people got fired. Same mindset

Jake Long - 2008 - Not a long list.

He doesn't get to claim 2008 because Parcells was in charge meaning he had not one winning season as Dolphins GM.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

I have been waiting for this. The infamous blame it on the fans mantra.

ugh, knew that was gonna happen too. I meant WASN'T. I corrected my original post. My fault.

Well just for ****s and giggles. Pouncey, Wake,Fields (sort of), and Long but it gets foggy from there lol

Jeff Ireland drafted some talent...however a lot of that talent was square pegs for a round hole.

4 of our 6 draft we picked in the top 15 and we have little to show for it. Compare that to the Bengals roster, which I think is loaded with the exception of the QB, who picked in front of us only twice in those 6 years and tell me who's done a better job of getting impact players. Bengals have been to three consecutive playoffs for the first time in forever while we've not been to the playoffs in 5 years now and haven't had a winning season in those 5 years with two different coaches.

Jeff Ireland is very reactive rather than proactive. Last year in Tannehill's rookie season he failed to get Tannehill any viable targets at the WR position. We went into the season HOPING one of the undrafted WRs we had on our roster would step up. The only drafted WR we had was Hartline. The following year he addressed the WR position but failed to address the OL after Long walked and knowing full well that Incognito and Jerry were not fits in the ZBS the coach was trying to employ. Again, behind the curve and not planning ahead.

I could go on but I'm pretty sure I know what we had and I'm glad it's gone.

Watch when Jeff gets his next GM job how well he does and we'll be left with some sort of atrocity who undoes all the superb roster building he does here.

You can magnify all the bad moves all you'd like, but fact is noone bats 1000%. Fact is we're stacked at WR, DL, DB, QB, in good shape at LB, and I believe our RBs are fine if we can fix our OLine that already has a centerpiece in Pouncey.

I have nothing to add, I just wanted to be a part of this spectacular thread hahaha

Back
Top Bottom