Why is CB Achid Talib not a Dolphin?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by iambanned, Nov 18, 2012.

1. iambanned

iambanned A True Fan

Damn, this chafes my hyde! Seeing an all-pro corner, picked up off the street by the Patriots (the rich get richer) while Miami's best CB is a ****ing bum.
    This is why the stadium is empty. It's obvious that Miami has other priorities than winning football games. A team that wants to win football games don't leave any stone unturned in acquiring the best talent possible. Screw 'character'. Letting Brandon Marshall walk for peanuts was the kind of decision that sets your franchise back years. We are severely deficient in talent in the secondary and we're not going after all-pro cornerbacks?

WTF, man!

2. PJack

PJack A True Fan

Don't think Philbin wants guys with drama backgrounds and Talib has his share. This one does hurt a bit as the Patriots have zero to lose here. They give up a 4th for a 7th. If they lose him in the off season they will get a compensatory pick per Adam Schefter and may actually be ahead of the game. I hope at some point living clean leads to good karma for the Dolphins. Watching Marshall has been rough this year given our WR lot. God knows we need CB help big time.

3. Phins28

Phins28 A True Fan

He makes plays, we don't like those around here.

4. Twitches Brew

Twitches Brew A True Fan

heh heh. we don't take kindly to pick-sixes 'round these parts.

5. fisi

fisi A True Fan Donator

took the wrds right outta my mouth.

6. Pinkboy

Pinkboy A True Fan

screw talent.

get as many choir boys as you can find and have them go door to door

7. jason_taylor

jason_taylor Pro Bowler

imo thats whats wrong now worried about there damn drama bk grounds ,as long as they stay out of trouble then leave them the hell alone, and LET THEM PLAY BALL,if we worrie more about them being drama free than we are about playin football then we need to be runnin a damn rehab class instead of bein a football team, imo we need to play ball and NOT WORRIE ABOUT THE BK GROUNDS AS MUCH. I DONT CARE IF OUR WHOLE TEAM IS DRAMA , I WANT A DAMN CHAMPIONSHIP BK IN SOUTH FLORIDA ..PERIOD.

8. jason_taylor

jason_taylor Pro Bowler

<<<-------------------this

9. WVDolphan

WVDolphan A True Fan

We arent one CB away from winning it all or even making a run at it. You dont trade for potential problem players like this when you arent the type of team to be in position to do so. The Pats could afford to gamble on this guy. They desperately needed a CB and had a team environment already in place that could handle him. It was a good fit for them.

Funny though that the Colts traded a 2nd for a bum like Vontae while the Pats get Talib for a 4th.

But, you guys definately wont give Ireland any credit for getting more value out of a much lesser talent. Talib is a far superior player to Vontae. Both have their personal issues and yet we got more in trade value.

If the phins had a more solid veteran group that had already established themselves as regular contenders for the last few years, the staff had been here for a while already, and our record was something like 5-2 a few weeks ago, then trading for Talib wouldve been a clever move.

10. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

WV said what I wanted to say. He's not going to turn this group into a legitimate contender, so why bring the drama? This guy has major, major mental issues. If this coaching staff didn't want to deal with Vontae, no chance they'd want this guy long term.

11. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

Why didn't the other 30 NFL teams trade for him?

12. johngarry

johngarry "Mysterious" Super Donator Donator

because we play run with and off coverages, not ballhawk. we lack elite strength/speed on defense. actually throughout the team we lack strength & speed… but we all know that… we all 'outside' of the Davie front offices, that is.

13. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

Don't ya know? 300 pounders are the key to winning in this age of the passing league. Only after we solidify the O-line with at least 5 more first round picks can we start thinking about the holes at cb and wr.

14. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 The D will RushYa, Like Moscow Donator

You make a good point . . . however I can also understand being a fan, watching these guys with "major, major mental issues" (Talib, Marshall and Davis) and then watching the crap we have rolled out the last 2 weeks and feel a little pain knowing that these guys (well not Vontae due to injury) are making big time impacts for Super Bowl contending teams.

At some point, dealing with guys with a few issues is something this team may have to do if they expect to start appeasing fans who are tired of this choir boy sub .500 syndrome that seems to be the final ending every year. All 3 of those guys are more athletic and much more able to make plays than any skill player at WR/CB that we have right now and its sickening knowing that we had 2 of those guys on the team yet we sit here watching the defense give up big yards to the Colts and Titans and couldn't move at all against a poorly rated Bills and Titans defense.

15. BIG_FISH_RI

BIG_FISH_RI BIG_FISH_RI

NEWSFLASH...... We are in South Florida. If you take guys that get in trouble and put them in a city where trouble is eas to come by then you ar etaking a huge risk. You have to find good quality guys with their heads on straight!!!! Easier said then done!!!!!

MHO We will never have a team of baller's....
    I wouldbt care if we acted like the U of M from the earlier 90's on the filed....(I LOVED THEM BACK THEN) JUST WIN DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!

16. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

This guy shot somebody recently.

17. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin PowerHungryMo'fo

Talib is on his 3rd strike

18. finz99

finz99 Chief Penguin

Jesus, this guy gets a pick six and he's an all-pro corner? Give me a break, when he was in Tampa all he did was get beat deep. No where near an all-pro.

19. Christyman5

Christyman5 Active Member

I asked this question a while ago, but never got any real response... Isn't it the job of a good coach to manage players, bring the best out of them, overcome their difficulties and have them performing to their potential?? Shouldn't a good coach be able to handle these guys who have got into problems and get them bought into what they are trying to achieve??

20. mrhankey81701

mrhankey81701 A True Fan

Wasn't he accused of murder or attempted murder a couple of years ago?

21. MDFinFan06

MDFinFan06 Fins4life

He also gave up a TD in the colts game BTW

22. 1972fins

1972fins Well-Known Member

Where is Ochocinco, I thought we were done without him.
    Teams are lined up to take him.

23. zach8111

zach8111 Pro Bowler

the problem is that talib doesnt stay out of trouble, he seems to always be in trouble... he is a decent CB... not even close to an all-pro (iamtiv stated in original post).

also if our whole team was drama, our name would be the dallas cowboys. Hows that team looking right now with all that talent but even more drama. The palmer/ochocinco bengals team also had way too much character issues to be good even though they had a lot of talent on that team.

I dont like getting rid of some guys because of a little character issues (marshall) but you cant have a team full of it.

24. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro

Not to mention Hilton best him for a TD just prior to the pick 6. I'm with WV here no need to bring him here. As bad as we need CB's we need offensive help more. With the exception of the Titans/Texans games the D has kept the oppositions score down low enough for us to win. Not being able to score points is the bigger issue.

25. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

Even with that pick, Talib was getting beat a lot during that game, and also before being traded to the Pats. The Bucs couldn't wait to get rid of him.

26. Dmarino110

Dmarino110 Starter

not corn fed?

27. J Tes

J Tes next generation

Who's Achid Talib?

28. iambanned

iambanned A True Fan

OK, if I overestimated his talent then I accept being wrong there. I was under the impression that he was really good, so if he's not, then 'my bad'.

29. Mr. Day

Mr. Day Starter

Boy scouts don't win championships. Ask the Dolphins.

30. iambanned

iambanned A True Fan

Has anyone in this thread spelled his first name correctly? Just for ****s and giggles? Who gives a **** though, right? We'll probably see his name spelled correctly when he's running back a Tannehill pick-six.

31. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

Aqib.

32. footsteps_falco

footsteps_falco Damn SugarBowl Finheaven VIP Donator

i would say that although it burns, especially to hear the kind of sentinment that the patriots, ravens, 49ers, steelers ect can gamble on these chararacter issue type players because "they have locker rooms that can handle them" ....

at the same time though, i think we have to realize that philbin is new here and is trying to put together that type of locker room, get a strong, large core of players that can't be distracted or detracted from their goals, and can eventually help other players get on track, players like aqib talibs and chad ochocincos and randy mosses, or maybe draft players like CB jimmy smith who have talent but need discipline but also need accountability from respected peers (players) in the locker room. that type of environment doesnt have in half a season, it takes some sacrafice, and some conservative moves at first, risk vs reward isnt there right now for a player like talib who could deter everything you want to set in place. it takes a few seasons, and that type of locker room goes hand and hand with success. a good locker room breeds success and success can bread a good locker room. well get there.