Why is CB Achid Talib not a Dolphin? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is CB Achid Talib not a Dolphin?

iambanned

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Damn, this chafes my hyde! Seeing an all-pro corner, picked up off the street by the Patriots (the rich get richer) while Miami's best CB is a ****ing bum.
This is why the stadium is empty. It's obvious that Miami has other priorities than winning football games. A team that wants to win football games don't leave any stone unturned in acquiring the best talent possible. Screw 'character'. Letting Brandon Marshall walk for peanuts was the kind of decision that sets your franchise back years. We are severely deficient in talent in the secondary and we're not going after all-pro cornerbacks?

WTF, man!

Don't think Philbin wants guys with drama backgrounds and Talib has his share. This one does hurt a bit as the Patriots have zero to lose here. They give up a 4th for a 7th. If they lose him in the off season they will get a compensatory pick per Adam Schefter and may actually be ahead of the game. I hope at some point living clean leads to good karma for the Dolphins. Watching Marshall has been rough this year given our WR lot. God knows we need CB help big time.

He makes plays, we don't like those around here.

screw talent.

get as many choir boys as you can find and have them go door to door

Don't think Philbin wants guys with drama backgrounds and Talib has his share. This one does hurt a bit as the Patriots have zero to lose here. They give up a 4th for a 7th. If they lose him in the off season they will get a compensatory pick per Adam Schefter and may actually be ahead of the game. I hope at some point living clean leads to good karma for the Dolphins. Watching Marshall has been rough this year given our WR lot. God knows we need CB help big time.

imo thats whats wrong now worried about there damn drama bk grounds ,as long as they stay out of trouble then leave them the hell alone, and LET THEM PLAY BALL,if we worrie more about them being drama free than we are about playin football then we need to be runnin a damn rehab class instead of bein a football team, imo we need to play ball and NOT WORRIE ABOUT THE BK GROUNDS AS MUCH. I DONT CARE IF OUR WHOLE TEAM IS DRAMA , I WANT A DAMN CHAMPIONSHIP BK IN SOUTH FLORIDA ..PERIOD.

We arent one CB away from winning it all or even making a run at it. You dont trade for potential problem players like this when you arent the type of team to be in position to do so. The Pats could afford to gamble on this guy. They desperately needed a CB and had a team environment already in place that could handle him. It was a good fit for them.

Funny though that the Colts traded a 2nd for a bum like Vontae while the Pats get Talib for a 4th.

But, you guys definately wont give Ireland any credit for getting more value out of a much lesser talent. Talib is a far superior player to Vontae. Both have their personal issues and yet we got more in trade value.

If the phins had a more solid veteran group that had already established themselves as regular contenders for the last few years, the staff had been here for a while already, and our record was something like 5-2 a few weeks ago, then trading for Talib wouldve been a clever move.

WV said what I wanted to say. He's not going to turn this group into a legitimate contender, so why bring the drama? This guy has major, major mental issues. If this coaching staff didn't want to deal with Vontae, no chance they'd want this guy long term.

Damn, this chafes my hyde! Seeing an all-pro corner, picked up off the street by the Patriots (the rich get richer) while Miami's best CB is a ****ing bum.
This is why the stadium is empty. It's obvious that Miami has other priorities than winning football games. A team that wants to win football games don't leave any stone unturned in acquiring the best talent possible. Screw 'character'. Letting Brandon Marshall walk for peanuts was the kind of decision that sets your franchise back years. We are severely deficient in talent in the secondary and we're not going after all-pro cornerbacks?

WTF, man!

Why didn't the other 30 NFL teams trade for him?

because we play run with and off coverages, not ballhawk. we lack elite strength/speed on defense. actually throughout the team we lack strength & speed… but we all know that… we all 'outside' of the Davie front offices, that is.

Don't ya know? 300 pounders are the key to winning in this age of the passing league. Only after we solidify the O-line with at least 5 more first round picks can we start thinking about the holes at cb and wr.

WV said what I wanted to say. He's not going to turn this group into a legitimate contender, so why bring the drama? This guy has major, major mental issues. If this coaching staff didn't want to deal with Vontae, no chance they'd want this guy long term.

You make a good point . . . however I can also understand being a fan, watching these guys with "major, major mental issues" (Talib, Marshall and Davis) and then watching the crap we have rolled out the last 2 weeks and feel a little pain knowing that these guys (well not Vontae due to injury) are making big time impacts for Super Bowl contending teams.

At some point, dealing with guys with a few issues is something this team may have to do if they expect to start appeasing fans who are tired of this choir boy sub .500 syndrome that seems to be the final ending every year. All 3 of those guys are more athletic and much more able to make plays than any skill player at WR/CB that we have right now and its sickening knowing that we had 2 of those guys on the team yet we sit here watching the defense give up big yards to the Colts and Titans and couldn't move at all against a poorly rated Bills and Titans defense.

NEWSFLASH...... We are in South Florida. If you take guys that get in trouble and put them in a city where trouble is eas to come by then you ar etaking a huge risk. You have to find good quality guys with their heads on straight!!!! Easier said then done!!!!!

MHO We will never have a team of baller's....
I wouldbt care if we acted like the U of M from the earlier 90's on the filed....(I LOVED THEM BACK THEN) JUST WIN DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom