Why is everyone all over Tavon Austin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone all over Tavon Austin

Zildjianz

Active Roster
Reaction score
Granted he is a machine, and all kinds of flexibility, but I would much rather have Keenan Allen, or Cordarrelle Patterson, especially if we think we have a year or devolop Patterson, I think he has more upside than any of the receivers in this draft. As they have both the size, and speed. I like bigger receivers.

U live under a rock? Because he is the most explosive player in the draft, a flat out stud, and would be a fan favorite..... Or maybe because he runs a 4.2, and ran for 344 yards when he started at running back against Oklahoma....

I personally do not think we should take him with our #`12 pick, but that is just my opinion.

Granted he is a machine, and all kinds of flexibility, but I would much rather have Keenan Allen, or Cordarrelle Patterson, especially if we think we have a year or devolop Patterson, I think he has more upside than any of the receivers in this draft. As they have both the size, and speed. I like bigger receivers.

Bigger isn't always better. Patterson has huge red flags on him. Austin is very explosive. His size makes him a risk but the reward potential may be hard to pass on.

Zildjianz;1064643111[U said:
[/U]]Granted he is a machine, and all kinds of flexibility, but I would much rather have Keenan Allen, or Cordarrelle Patterson, especially if we think we have a year or devolop Patterson, I think he has more upside than any of the receivers in this draft. As they have both the size, and speed. I like bigger receivers.

No need to go any further than your first couple of words.

Because:
If this team's passing attack consisted of Tannehill throwing to

Wallace on one side (world class speed/deep threat/TD threat)
Hartline/Gibson on the other (hands and 1st downs)
Tavon Austin in the slot (again world class speed, shiftyness and deep threat/Td Threat)
Keller at TE; (great speed and TD threat)

We would probably have one of the deadliest passing attacks in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:
U live under a rock? Because he is the most explosive player in the draft, a flat out stud, and would be a fan favorite..... Or maybe because he runs a 4.2, and ran for 344 yards when he started at running back against Oklahoma....
I'm not taking that away from him, and no I don't live under a rock. I would love to have him, but at 5'8" he just doesn't have both the size and speed I would prefer.
However Patterson has both, and probably the most upside of any receiver in a few years to come out of the draft.

Quote:
He may be considered raw with his ability to handle physical coverage, but Patterson is one of the more naturally talented pass catchers to come along in the last few years. He only has one year of tape against FBS level of competition, but from the first game Patterson showed his versatility by making plays from a variety of alignments. If the Vol can start using his hands to release off the line and tighten up some technique issues, he should be one of this class' top playmakers. He should be a first-round selection and could be the first receiver off the board. Used occasionally at running back, has the speed and wiggle to beat defenders to the edge while utilizing hesitations moves. Very nimble on his feet, especially for size. Makes plays out of nothing when carrying the ball. Numerous natural qualities to his game. The Vols started to use Patterson more and more from the running back position, and he tallied 208 rushing yards and three touchdowns on 25 carries. The junior returned four punts for 101 yards and a touchdown. However, Patterson did most of his damage as a kick returner, compiling 671 yards and another touchdown on 24 attempts. He set an SEC single-season record with a combined kickoff and punt return average of 27.6 yards, and a school record of 1,858 all-purpose yards. Patterson, became the first NCAA player in four years to score a touchdown four different ways.

In the first round you should draft playmakers, this guy is a baller and in the "surround Tannehill with weapons" mode of this offseason, he'd be perfect. Sadly it'd probably mean Bess is gone but Austin is a Percy Harvin, Randall Cobb type in that he can do everything and probably do it better than those two guys. Mike Wallace stretches the field, Hartline already has chemistry with Tannehill and would be the #2 then Austin all over the field? That's scary and would be killer.

I would be a little wary of how he's only gotten this popular over the last two weeks, when no football has been played. I'd rather take a pass-rusher at 12, and I don't have a strong opinion on Austin, personally.

Because:
If this team's passing attack consisted of Tannehill throwing to

Wallace on one side (world class speed/deep threat/TD threat)
Hartline/Gibson on the other (hands and 1st downs)
Tavon Austin in the slot (again world class speed, shiftyness and deep threat/Td Threat)
Keller at TE; (great speed and TD threat)

We would probably have one of the deadliest Passing attacks in the league.

You said what I wanted to in a much better way. Mucho gracias!

Hartline is nothing more than a weaker version of OJ McDuffie he is just a possession receiver, and I'm sorry but we way over paid for him. I'm just saying I would rather have Patterson than Austin. Hell I would jump joy if we picked any of the three I mentioned. With just Hartline, and Wallace we will not see the explosive OFF we need as Wallace will be pretty much negated with double + coverage on every play, and Hartline inability to get into the end zone. We need someone else that posses a threat.

I just have a hard time seeing a 5-8 170 lb SLOT WR being very durable in the NFL.

I too would rather have Patterson or Allen, but I would not draft a WR at 12 at all.

I would be going OL/DL or Eifert unless Jarvis Jones slips to 12.

i love Tavon, and to me he's in the mix...but we have a pretty small wide receiving core, we need a taller piece who can catch fades and go up for jump balls.

Back
Top Bottom