Why is everyone all over Tavon Austin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone all over Tavon Austin

In the first round you should draft playmakers, this guy is a baller and in the "surround Tannehill with weapons" mode of this offseason, he'd be perfect. Sadly it'd probably mean Bess is gone but Austin is a Percy Harvin, Randall Cobb type in that he can do everything and probably do it better than those two guys. Mike Wallace stretches the field, Hartline already has chemistry with Tannehill and would be the #2 then Austin all over the field? That's scary and would be killer.
plus Dustin Keller and Lamar miller that = scary

Size is not always important. Think about Desean Jackson.

It makes zero sense to be considering that we just paid big money to sign two of the best WRs in free agency. I semi stunned anyone really considers us wasting a draft pick on another WR when we have a 2nd year QB and a new WR corp featuring one of the fastest WRs in the NFL. Considering Hartline's year last season we could have one of the better number two WRs also. Plus we have Bess, Gibson and Keller.

But even with adding Grimes, we still have holes at DB, in a division and league where you need to have 4 good ones and two of those need to be very good.

There are only so many footballs that you can use at one time. there are only so many passes you can attempt. You offer me young veteran Hartline or Austin right now as a "college" WR and it is not even close who the better NFL player is. Who are you planning on taking passes away from...uhh MIKE WALLACE? Are you ****ing crazy? Wallace might not be a "crazy" diva like Marshall but we just paid him a LOT OF MONEY to catch a lot of footballs.

So your idea to to draft..another Mike Wallace? You want to draft with our 1st pick another WR to play Wallace's position? Really?

We could get a QB at 12. :rolleyes2:

P. S. Look, join a Madden franchise or play...ugh..in a Madden fantasy league and when you have a chance to draft rookie Austin over Mike Wallace you do that.

Size is not always important. Think about Desean Jackson.

Just because your girlfriend tells you that does not mean it's true. Size does matter if you can have a guy that is 6 inches taller, and pretty much just as fast with equal ability you take the bigger guy every day of the week, and twice on Sundays

This is the key! Slimm and all the other GURUS that truly understand FB would tell you this is a league of Match-ups. Right now, the only real match-up problems for teams defending us on offense is Mike Wallace because of his speed. This means that an extra defender must be cognizant of where he is at ALL times. EVERYONE else does not require this "special attention!"

Of the following who can consistently w/o question beat 1 on 1 coverage for huge gains or TDs?

1) Hartline
2) Bess
3) Gibson
4) Keller

MAYBE #1,#4,#3 once more MAYBE!!! Thus the natrual question becomes how do you turn those "MAYBES" in "absolutely yes?"

TAVON AUSTIN!!
CORDELLE PATTERSON

They like Mike Wallace also requires that "special attention" which means in addition to the primary their must also be a secondary defender. Ultimately this means EVERYONE else becomes that much more dangerous.

I HOPE HOPE HOPE this is how the F.O. is looking at the offense. TAVON AUSTIN/PATTERSON flat our makes this offense TERRIFYING to defend.
We are much closer to having a Potent Offense on paper atleast than one on defense...

Because:
If this team's passing attack consisted of Tannehill throwing to

Wallace on one side (world class speed/deep threat/TD threat)
Hartline/Gibson on the other (hands and 1st downs)
Tavon Austin in the slot (again world class speed, shiftyness and deep threat/Td Threat)
Keller at TE; (great speed and TD threat)

We would probably have one of the deadliest Passing attacks in the league.

" I just have a hard time seeing a 5-8 170 lb SLOT WR being very durable in the NFL.", "i love Tavon, and to me he's in the mix...but we have a pretty small wide receiving core, we need a taller piece who can catch fades and go up for jump balls. "

Thank you, this is what I am trying to convey.

Yeah everyone was so high on Swope due to his connection with Tannehill and him being just flat out what we need, but now its Austin every thread :(.

Hartline is nothing more than a weaker version of OJ McDuffie he is just a possession receiver, and I'm sorry but we way over paid for him. I'm just saying I would rather have Patterson than Austin. Hell I would jump joy if we picked any of the three I mentioned. With just Hartline, and Wallace we will not see the explosive OFF we need as Wallace will be pretty much negated with double + coverage on every play, and Hartline inability to get into the end zone. We need someone else that posses a threat.

Hartline is nothing more then a "possession" WR. Kind of like Gibson, you know the kind of WR who makes first downs, who you can count on to get open and to catch the football.

Brandon Marshall is a possession WR but a lot of people like him. He rarely scored for us, Fasano tied him for TDs while they both were here.

So just maybe, it is more coaching when just the players. A WR has little control over how many times he is thrown the ball in the redzone.

Have you looked at Hartline's stats since he has been here? Have you watched games with him playing?

Let's not forget the value he brings to Special Teams! If D.Bess was able to produce Just 1-2 TDs on special teams last season would that have possible made a difference in some of our close games? Likely!

No thanks on a slot receiver at #12 no matter how athletic he is.

I would be happy with Austin. I wouldn't touch Patterson though. The guy only had well under a thousand yards last year, playing with a qb with an nfl caliber arm, on a team that had an awful
defense. Despite being in a shootout every week he still had mediocre stats. And was all but invisible against elite defenses. Justin Hunter will be a better pro than Patterson.

Signing Wallace is awesome. Adding
Tavon Austin into the mix is special. That makes Wallace an even more dangerous threat.

I want an offense that threatens the D with multiple players. Austin can line up in the back field and is a home run threat just like Wallace.

I'm hoping he's the pick at twelve.

It makes zero sense to be considering that we just paid big money to sign two of the best WRs in free agency. I semi stunned anyone really considers us wasting a draft pick on another WR when we have a 2nd year QB and a new WR corp featuring one of the fastest WRs in the NFL. Considering Hartline's year last season we could have one of the better number two WRs also. Plus we have Bess, Gibson and Keller.

But even with adding Grimes, we still have holes at DB, in a division and league where you need to have 4 good ones and two of those need to be very good.

There are only so many footballs that you can use at one time. there are only so many passes you can attempt. You offer me young veteran Hartline or Austin right now as a "college" WR and it is not even close who the better NFL player is. Who are you planning on taking passes away from...uhh MIKE WALLACE? Are you ****ing crazy? Wallace might not be a "crazy" diva like Marshall but we just paid him a LOT OF MONEY to catch a lot of footballs.

So your idea to to draft..another Mike Wallace? You want to draft with our 1st pick another WR to play Wallace's position? Really?

We could get a QB at 12. :rolleyes2:

P. S. Look, join a Madden franchise or play...ugh..in a Madden fantasy league and when you have a chance to draft rookie Austin over Mike Wallace you do that.

So if you had a chance to draft another Mike Wallace... you wouldn't because we already have one?

Your mistaken he makes "EVERYONE" on offense more dangerous!

Signing Wallace is awesome. Adding
Tavon Austin into the mix is special. That makes Wallace an even more dangerous threat.

I want an offense that threatens the D with multiple players. Austin can line up in the back field and is a home run threat just like Wallace.

I'm hoping he's the pick at twelve.

Back
Top Bottom