Why is everyone caught up in Ryan Swope? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone caught up in Ryan Swope?

mbhcu98

Active Roster
Reaction score
He isn't the WR for us. He is basically Hartline with a 4.3 40 and 2 inches shorter. We need a red zone threat with some speed. Swope is not that and he isn't the game changer Tavon Austin is at the slot. Swope won't bring anything we don't already have in Bess and Gibson. We already know those 2 can get it done in the NFL. We have no clue what Swope will do and he doesn't give us what we need. I know it feels good for certain people to see a white guy run a 4.3 but, he doesn't give us what we need. The only way I see him on our team is if we remake our WRs AGAIN and trade Bess and Gibson. Even if we do pick up Swope, we still need that 6'4", red zone threat. Swope isn't him.

swope would bring more speed and play making ability right away. we cant say that about any of our wrs except wallace

They all think because he played with Tannehill that somehow that will give them some magical connection that will make him great...

That being said...he does have 4.3 speed as you said...that alone makes him worth looking at. But you are right that he isn't what we need. We need a big red-zone threat...but that can be a TE also.

Re: Why is eberyone caught up in Ryan Swope?

yes Hartline and Swope are white...well spotted. Pity as players they are nothing alike.

Garbage comparison based on racial stereotypes Im not even going to bother reading the rest of your post.

I like how he plays but I'd be lying if i said i wasn't a little concerned about the 4 concussions he had in college.

Swope just doesn't seem to play as fast as his 40 speed when I watch him. I wouldn't mind having him as he's a good player (along with Eifert being the first pick), but I think I'd rather go with Austin as our first pick and then Kelce as the TE.

They all think because he played with Tannehill that somehow that will give them some magical connection that will make him great...

That being said...he does have 4.3 speed as you said...that alone makes him worth looking at. But you are right that he isn't what we need. We need a big red-zone threat...but that can be a TE also.
This

People became far more enamored with him after he blazed the 4.3 40. But when I watch him play he doesn't play as fast as his 40 time would lead me to believe. Yes, he's a resourceful, dependable, smart receiver, but the pads definitely slow him down. I sort of see another Hartline...not in terms of playing style, but in terms of what he ends up bringing to the team - a smart receiver and good route runner, but nothing special physically. No threatening speed (with pads) nor red-zone ability...but a guy that can gash you here and there when you don't pay enough attention to him.

I know there's a lot of Swope love here so I'm sure I'm in the minority on this one.

I still see 10 receivers drafted before Swope.

Austin, Patterson, Allen, Hunter, Woods, Hopkins Patton, Bailey, Williams and Wheaton.

because he's was Tannys favorite target in college, he smart and a good kid. I would love to pick him with one of our 3rds...

because he is a great football player.... Comparing him to Hartline is asinine considering the only comparison is they are both white receivers. Swope has great speed and is very good after the catch

Swope is a really good player. When he had a QB that actually threw the ball, he played lights out. Last year his number wasn't called as much. The kid is smart and plays very well in the slot. He's a bigger, faster version of Wes Welker. The only knock on him is the concussions. Otherwise, he's a perfect fit for several reasons.

My biggest concern with Swope is his history of concussions!

I'd rather draft Bailey or one of several other WRs.

Back
Top Bottom