Why is everyone caught up in Ryan Swope? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone caught up in Ryan Swope?

Yeah I agree, people tend to see white and they automatically assume he can't be the fastest guy on the field. I've watched a lot of A&M games and I've seen him dust a lot of defenders. I knew he was fast but I'll be honest the 4.3 did surprise me.

This is why people are saying he doesn't play as fast as he timed. People was looking at him being more of a 4.5 player. When he ran the 4.3 people had to go back and look at his tape to see if there was something they missed.

yes Hartline and Swope are white...well spotted. Pity as players they are nothing alike.

Garbage comparison based on racial stereotypes Im not even going to bother reading the rest of your post.

I also stated we get what Swope has in Bess and Gibson. Comprehend. Stop picking the piece you want to hear and comprehend.
Their isn't much difference in Swope and Hartline besides Swopes 4.3 speed. Both run good routes, both have good hands, both are good locker room guys, neither will scare anyone on the outside of the field, both seem tough. The differences between Swope and hartline are simply a few mili-seconds in the 40 and Hartlines' 2 inches. Now, I explained why I feel they are similar. Will you explain why you don't think so. That's a more effective way to TRY and prove your point instead of bringing race into it. If you disagree with my comparision, say so and refute it. You have done none.

I also stated we get what Swope has in Bess and Gibson. Comprehend. Stop picking the piece you want to hear and comprehend.
Their isn't much difference in Swope and Hartline besides Swopes 4.3 speed. Both run good routes, both have good hands, both are good locker room guys, neither will scare anyone on the outside of the field, both seem tough. The differences between Swope and hartline are simply a few mili-seconds in the 40 and Hartlines' 2 inches. Now, I explained why I feel they are similar. Will you explain why you don't think so. That's a more effective way to TRY and prove your point instead of bringing race into it. If you disagree with my comparision, say so and refute it. You have done none.

Gibson isnt even a slot receiver either, so again im going to leave this post at the first sentence as well. Defend your lazy racial stereotypes all your like, its still bull**** to compare Swope to a player he is nothing like in Hartline.

Seriously? So, a guy who runs faster than Randall Cobb, jumps higher than Randall Cobb, tests quicker laterally in the 3-cone and the shuttle than Randall Cobb, is taller and heavier than Randall Cobb and you want to call him Brian Hartline? Hartline runs a 4.52, Mike Wallace runs a 4.32, and Ryan Swope ran a 4.34 ... hmmmm. Hartline is 6'2, Wallace is 6'0, and Swope is 6'0 ... hmmm. If you're going to blindly compare Swope to someone without any merit ... you might as well compare him to Mike Wallace. The reality is that Ryan Swope isn't Welker, he isn't Hartline, and he isn't Mike Wallace. If Danny Amendola could stay healthy a full season, Swope would be a bigger, faster, better version of him perhaps, but really, Swope doesn't profile to any of these white receivers so many nay-sayers want to project him to be. The guys with his athletic ability are very rare.

LOL. You're comparing combine numbers instead of him ON THE FIELD.lol. Stop it. Tell me when I'm wrong- does swope run good routes? so does hartline. can swope catch the ball well? so can hartline. can they both get down field? yes. are they both good locker room guys? yes. swope may be better underneath than hartline and that's a difference but, swope still does not gives us what we need in a WR. Pay attention to that statement. That's the one that is actually important. He is a 6'0" WR. I also stated, swope doesn't give us much more than bess or Gibson. Yet you failed to comment on that part. Swope ran a 4.3 but, he studied and practiced for that 4.3. Run it again in 2 years.

Gibson isnt even a slot receiver either, so again im going to leave this post at the first sentence as well. Defend your lazy racial stereotypes all your like, its still bull**** to compare Swope to a player he is nothing like in H

Lol, except where I pointed out they are similar. So, you still have nothing?

Another way Swope and Hartline are similar is this..... neither gives us what we need in a WR. A tall, fast WR that can go up for the ball and be a red zone threat. We can get that in a TE also but, we should have that option at both positions. We don't want to tip our hands down in the red zone.

Gibson isnt even a slot receiver either, so again im going to leave this post at the first sentence as well. Defend your lazy racial stereotypes all your like, its still bull**** to compare Swope to a player he is nothing like in H

Lol, except where I pointed out they are similar. So, you still have nothing?

I dont need to, your agrguement is totally wrong.

Ones a slot reciever, one goes down the sideline and both have different games. They just happen to both be white.

I dont need to, your agrguement is totally wrong.

Ones a slot reciever, one goes down the sideline and both have different games. They just happen to both be white.

In college swope did it all. He wasn't only a slot guy, he got deep a lot. Do your homework. Stop projecting what you think and watch his tape. Again, in my comparison, where was I wrong. Absent an answer, you are irrelevant.

In college swope did it all. He wasn't only a slot guy, he got deep a lot. Do your homework. Stop projecting what you think and watch his tape. Again, in my comparison, where was I wrong. Absent an answer, you are irrelevant.

lol

he did it all? do you approve of white recievers playing more than one set role? Dont they have to play the Swope/Hartine/Welker/Decker/Nelson/Amendola role?

More speed, yac, and td potential than our current slot receivers. Concussions are a concern. Seems like a playmaker which everyone agrees we need more of. Hartline comparisons seem racist which OP is still trying to defend despite being way out on a limb.

go find the swope thread with the excellent highlights. he is for real. he knows our offense. he is fast,its proven, regardless of what some dope says about their perception of not being fast, which is a stupid concept because you need to be a football player first. all the speed in the world doesnt mean jack unless you can do some damage while taking a hit. and you will get hit.

swope has no learning curve in our offense. none. which is why tannehill was a ahead of schedule.

We get Swope and Eifert, I am heading to south florida for a game.

Swope would be great in this offense but he is a handful of concussions away from being out of football for good..

People make way too big a deal about the whole racial comparison thing....it's got a place, but all and all white guys tend to play a lot like other white guys...we don't have to be blindly politically correct to see that. Now the Hartline comparison is pretty mediocre, but no need to make it out as some racial attack. People can be some damn sensitive.

Now to address the actual thread topic, I actually agree with the OP. Guys like Andrew Hawkins can be found in the later rounds and frankly slot receivers aren't something that should be drafted in the top 3 rounds unless they're extreme speed mismatches (like a Tavon). To say that Tavon and Swope are both 4.3 guys on the field is entirely wrong, I turn on the tape and see a high 4.4, low 4.5 guy and in the slot I worry about how much potential he has. There's at least 10 guys I'd take at wide receiver over him in this draft, and we desperately need SIZE. We have no redzone weapons which is our biggest weakness on offense (aside from the o-line). If I'm taking a slot guy in that 3 range gimme Bailey. If someone other than Tannehill had been throwing Swope the ball we wouldn't be having this conversation with such consensus. Tannehill's great at creating chemistry with guys, see him and Hartline.

Back
Top Bottom