Why is everyone focused on Jennings/Wallace? Did everyone forget DWAYNE BOWE ?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by electrolyte, Jan 6, 2013.

1. electrolyte

electrolyte Banned Hammered

Dwayne Bowe was born here in Miami. He is a free agent and wants out of KC... he is younger than Jennings, and is a true #1 WR.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4184/dwayne-bowe

The Kansas City Star does not expect the Chiefs to offer impending free agent Dwayne Bowe a long-term deal.

Bowe played out the 2012 season on a one-year, $9.5 million franchise tender. He's expected to hit the open market as perhaps the best wideout available. Despite consistently horrible quarterback play, in six seasons Bowe has averaged 4.7 catches for 65.0 yards and scored 39 touchdowns -- putting him in the conversation for greatest Chiefs wideout of all time. Bowe will turn 29 in September.

2. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

He doesn't fit what the team is trying to do. Which is to say, he isn't a guy with great hands who shows up in big situations and has a good head on his shoulders.

3. The Tannehills Have Eyes

The Tannehills Have Eyes A True Fan

I like him too and will probably be the more realistic option IMO He will help in the redzone. If we sign him, we can get our speedster in the draft.

4. The Tannehills Have Eyes

Didn't know you work for the phins. I'm pretty sure if we could get a no off the field issue marshall back we would take him instantly both who have identical drop rate %. Also you aren't going to have many big situations playing for the chiefs and saying he doesn't show up is dumb and overblown. WR shouldn't be carrying the QB and hopefully tannehill knows that. Pretty sure not everyone has to have great hands to be productive look at greenbay with finley some people want him and he has drop issues along with wallace who's dropped more embarrassing balls this year than bowe. We also had legadu on this ****ing team lol

5. electrolyte

The Chiefs have had terrible QB play though.

6. clownfish

clownfish A True Fan

I met him at this last year's rookie promo event here in LA. He was by far the coolest guy there, (including Tannehill, Miller, and Egnew) actually stopping to talk with us and take some pics. Plus he is a beast of a wideout (curse of playing for a crappy team). Eff this crap about him not fitting the WC system. Get our deep threat in the draft and make Bowe our true #1. Sounds good to me.

7. J. David Wannyheimer

Think about it. The team traded away Brandon Marshall for Michael Egnew and a packet of peanuts. The team traded away Vontae Davis despite being thin at cornerback because he didn't have the right attitude.

Do you really think Dwayne Bowe is likely to be brought in for Philbin? I would be absolutely stunned to see him brought in, just based on his reputation. Likewise people are talking about Jermichael Finley from the Packers but I think he is another guy they are likely to stay away from due to the fact that he's been publicly griping all season. Also both of them have the dropsies and again, that's something I don't think Philbin appreciates.

8. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

Terrible QB play does not dismiss years of him dropping the ball in big game situations. He's not that good. Just a name.

The guy I'm upset we didn't pursue last offseason was Vincent Jackson. Man he would have definitely helped. Underrated, you barely hear his name yet always produces and has everything you pretty much need out of a #1 receiver.

9. J. David Wannyheimer

Vincent Jackson would have been a better signing than Richard Marshall + Legedu Naanee + David Garrard, that is for sure. He's a good player.

10. The Tannehills Have Eyes

Hopefully they don't make the mistake and philben shouldn't be drafting if he indeed drafted eggnog he has no experience in scouting from my knowledge. And yes I wouldn't be shocked if we brought Bowe in because 1 It's Irelands job in the line and he needs to produce, he likes big bodied WR in case you didn't know that already Marshall/Binns/Legadu all big bodies with drop issues. Also marshall was traded for his off the field issues no where near the caliber of bowe's. There is a possibility wallace and jennings don't even hit the market. If what you say is true about finley then wallace shouldn't even be a target at all this season because of his crying all season long and how he loses focus if the QB doesn't target him. Philben sure did talk good about Addam Dropbinns a few weeks ago. I think Philben wants people that can produce and that's it, and it has already been mention the the organization are interested in all 3

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

How much cap space did we have last year? Doubt we could of topped tampa bays offer of 5 years 55 mil

11. clownfish

clownfish A True Fan

That's the media portrayal of him and it is false. He is way cool when I met him, like I said. I could tell he is a good guy. On the other hand, Desean Jacksson and Trent Richardson were complete d bags. Bowe as a Phin equals win

12. Kevlared

Kevlared Well-Known Member

13. electrolyte

That was a TERRIBLE throw. The Chiefs have had horrible QB play while Bowe has been there....

should Bowe have extended his arms, yeah, but it looks like he knows he can't reach it anyway. It was so far behind him, he would not even have a chance.

14. russianbear

russianbear A True Fan

I think everyone is focused on Wallace & Jennings because they would be the better fit, and be in the same ballpark cost wise.

15. The Tannehills Have Eyes

A great example of how garbage the QBs he's had to deal with in KC. What a garbage throw into quadruple coverage and behind him. I agree he should of stuck his hand but no way he makes that catch. The comments in the end by the dumb announcer sounds like he's almost applying bowe isn't a physical receiver but anyway if you want to the the opposite of that effort in the video see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27dQ-CaGJgw

16. electrolyte

great post. he had no shot at that terrible throw.

and that juggling catch was great

17. dcnr226

dcnr226 A True Fan Donator

There is no defending that brand of cowardice. You get paid to make that play, or at least for your teams sake, knock the ball down. Absurd.

Ireland gets a lot of smack for the lack of playmakers on this team...much it is warranted. But ALL of our guys on offense GO HARD. As a fan, that's really all you can ask for. GO HARD each and every play..

18. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

Tbh I didn't mind seeing Jennings come here, until yesterday's. He caught the ball Well but he also looked old and Very slow. I wonder if he would be a Cris Carter 2.0. Not sure I want him after watching him last night.

19. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin PowerHungryMo'fo

Now, that Andy Reid is HC and GM, does Bowe stay or go?

20. LikeUntoGod

LikeUntoGod The Oracle

100%

We do not want another Diva who cannot stretch the field. This season Bowe had 59 catches for 801 yards, a 13.6 average per catch, a long of only 47 yards and only 3 TDs. Hartline had 74 catches for 1083 yards, a 14.6 yard per catch average, a long of 80 yards and 1 TD. But off the top of my head I remember at least 3 TDs he should of had but Tannehill missed him.

Last season Bowe had a better year with 81 catches, a 14.3 yard per catch average, but his long was only 52 yards and he had 5 TDs.

Hartline had 10 catches of 25 yard plus, more then Wallace or Bowe. He also had more catches and more yard per catch then Wallace did. Wallace had 64 catches for 836 yards, a 13.1 average with a long of 82 yards and he did have 8 Tds (with a much better QB)

And this is one of the things that bothers me about Bowe and Wallace. This was their "big money season". It is where they prove they are worth the money they are getting and even more important to them, the future money they want. But both had poor seasons compared to last year. Wallace has had a real problem with drops this season. Hartline is in the same situation and he had his best season.

This is water under the bridge but a big coaching mistake IMO was us releasing C Gates to keep Legedu Naanee who had one catch. Then we brought in Jabar Gaffney who had 4 catches. And the player who was supposed to fill the burner role, Anthony Armstrong, had 3 catches. The thing about Armstrong that people seem to forget is that he spent 2-3 seasons on our practice squad before the Redskins signed him and he had one good season with them, a poor one the next and they released him.

Yes, C Gates was/is not a polished WR but neither was Armstrong yet most fans seemed so happy to get him back 3 years later. Including his practice squad years, Armstrong is something like a 6 year veteran. And this is his last season in the NFL. Gates had more catches this season then Armstrong had in the last two.

21. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

Bad attitude not the sort of player we need. Also he isnt as good as Jennings or Wallace.

22. mnphinfan

mnphinfan Lifelong Fin Fan

You & I must have been watching a different game. That move he made on the CB outside the red zone along the sideline to get them down to the goal line was sick. He also had another play near midfield where he made the first tackler miss & gained another 8-10 yards.
    I watched him last week against the Vikes too and it seems he always makes the first tackler miss. Plus he is a definite red zone threat. He is exactly what this offense needs.

He has really looked like he is still a #1 WR the past few weeks and I hope it doesn't change GB's mind about letting him go.
    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

23. The Tannehills Have Eyes

Are you really not that smart enough to realize hartline will never attract more attention from defenses to as bowe/wallace? And in case you didn't know what QB on his team can actually throw the long ball to bowe? He has garbage QBs throwing to him. Bowe with a worse QB, worse talent/WRRs around him, and played 3 games less than hartline but still somehow ended up with more TDs then Bess/Hartline combined.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

If he has bad attitude then why are we even interested in Wallace a player who only really has more speed than him.

24. J. David Wannyheimer

Mike Wallace held out over a contract dispute, which many players (like Drew Brees and Cameron Wake) do because teams are using CBA-granted leverage to pay them less than they are worth.

It's not the same thing as being an alligator-armed malcontent. Not even close.

25. The Tannehills Have Eyes

Mike Wallace also cried about losing concentration/Focus if they don't throw him the ball, maybe he should start taking Adderall so he can stop being a Diva when you have big ben throwing to you. Bowe isn't alligator-armed malcontent because he didn't catch a garbage throw by a garbage QB. Pretty sure Bwe was mesmerized the QB could even get that ball going that far towards him.

26. Sambo188

Sambo188 Active Member

Bowe would be great for this offense. Go look up Film of Texas A&M and look how Mike Sherman uses Jeff Fuller a big bodied strong WR. I do agree this team does need speed. But we can sign bowe and draft Stedman Bailey or Cordarrelle Patterson in the draft.

27. LikeUntoGod

LikeUntoGod The Oracle

Tannehill missed Hartline at least 3 times for sure TDs. I never said Hartline was the be all, do all, but he is a good player WE HAVE NOW, "not a fart in the wind" as Wallace, Bowe etc are. Every year a lot of fans make their list of Free Agent players they want and how many times do you seen it happen? (almost never) We add a speedster and once Tannehill improves enough to stop over and under throwing wide open WRs, we improve.

And who the **** cares about "attention, lol". Are you not smart enough to noticed that Hartline had a lot of "attention" thrown his way?

A bird in the hand is worth a lot more then 3 turds in the woods.

28. Austin Tatious

Austin Tatious Starter

I don't want Bowe infecting this roster. Let him go elsewhere. The Chiefs aren't even interested in bringing him back. That tells you a ton.

Hopefully, Miami has learned from the Brandon Marshall debacle, and Bowe is nowhere near the player Marshall is.

29. dolpns13

Yeah, that was his only move and he got alot of yards from it but watching him run even down the sideline on that play he looked slow. If you think he looked fast than you are confused what a fast WR looks like and are happy with Bess's and Hartlines speed.

30. kdog69

kdog69 Rookie

Great talent but too many off the field issues. If I'm not mistaken, he is one strike away from being suspended for the year. That’s a huge risk for the amount of money he will cost.

31. OyeDale305

OyeDale305 MIA#1

What information you getting that from? Bowe doesn't want to be there, the fans want him to stay. Don't compare Marshall to Bowe.. Marshall is more of a pain

32. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Banned Hammered

If we don't get one of these 3, i will go berserk

33. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP

Well, I think we can all agree we have at least three very good options available in FA, so I'm looking forward to the threads next year saying nobody was available if we fail to sign any of them.

34. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Banned Hammered

Theres no guarantee that these teams won't sign their guys before March. It's definitely a possibility that all 3 go back to their teams if they're willing to pay up.

35. Stefins

Stefins Just a Dolphins Fan

Just as much as a head case as Chad and Brandon Marshall..
    no thanks

36. LDaniel7

LDaniel7 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Winner of the thread with that turn of phrase, lol.

LD

37. The Tannehills Have Eyes

not even close :crazy:

38. dolpns13

Seriously, do not be surprised if we dont. I mean I was certain we would take a WR in at least one of the 1st 3 rounds in last years draft. Boy was I wrong. Perhaps this offseason will be different, but the moves Ireland makes should not surprise anyone

39. Zounds

Zounds A True Fan Donator

If you can convince me that Bowe can be a No. 1 in a WCO, and that his benching and demotions in KC were unjustified, and that he was not overweight this year, and he no longer has the dropsies, then maybe I would begin to consider a very conservative contract with him.

40. sm0kinfins

sm0kinfins Adults are obsolete children

No. I want a guy who does THIS.

[video=youtube;27dQ-CaGJgw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27dQ-CaGJgw[/video]

And for the record, Bowe was benched by Todd Haley. Haley also benched, or had a hand in benching Larry Fitzgerald at one point. Does that mean you wouldn’t want Larry Fitzgerald based off the ill-advised motivational tactics of a terrible head coach? A head coach who was fired because he lost his locker room due to stupid moves such as this.

He was suspended 4 games for taking a diuretic substance in ’09. Same thing has happened to a lot of players. Not sure what this mysterious 2nd strike is that some people are talking about.

As for off the field issues. Please feel free to point those out also. Anybody?