Why is everyone so high on Ronnie Brown? Educate me... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone so high on Ronnie Brown? Educate me...

Positives:
Despite sharing the load with Carnell Williams at Auburn, Ronnie Brown could very well be the most well-rounded running back in the 2005 NFL Draft. He's an explosive player who runs and catches the ball equally well, however, he doesn't get the attention he deserves because he played in the shadow of another very talented back. He is a punishing ball carrier who runs well inside, has the quickness to pop it outside on occasion, and gets yards after first contact.

He's also a great receiver and blocker who has the versatility to line up as a fullback or as a receiver in the slot. Lining up in the fullback position allowed the Auburn coaching staff to get him on the field more frequently, and also showcased his ability to pick up the blitz. Brown has excellent size, power, and quickness, and he is a very instinctive runner with good vision. As a receiver, Brown has good ball skills and adjusts well to the ball in the air and is dangerous after the catch.

Negatives:
Brown doesn't have the burst through the line that some of the other top prospects possess, and he displays just average elusiveness. And despite the fact that he has filled the void created by injury in the past, he has never been counted on completely as the No. 1 guy.

Projection:
Brown's versatility fits the pro game very well and he should cause mismatches in the passing game. He may not have the explosiveness of teammate Carnell Williams or the power of Cedric Benson from Texas, but he has better all-around skills than either of them and in my opinion, will ultimately be more successful at the pro level. I could see Brown being selected anywhere from the early teens overall to the end of the first round.

College Stats :
In four seasons at Auburn, Ronnie Brown rushed 461 times for 2,641 yards (5.7 ypc) and 27 touchdowns. He also caught 49 passes for 619 yards and two touchdowns.

During his senior season, he rushed for 748 yards on 107 carries (7.0 ypc) and seven touchdowns. He also caught 25 passes for 264 yards and one TD.

inFINSible said:
6-1 220...4.4 speed.
Sounds like Sammie Smith. I hate to give up a high pick for a RB. Too many of them don't pan out, and it's too easy to get one in free agency nowadays.

Position: Running Back
School: Auburn
Height: 6-0
40-Yard Dash: 4.45
Positives:
Despite sharing the load with Carnell Williams at Auburn, Ronnie Brown could very well be the most well-rounded running back in the 2005 NFL Draft. He's an explosive player who runs and catches the ball equally well, however, he doesn't get the attention he deserves because he played in the shadow of another very talented back. He is a punishing ball carrier who runs well inside, has the quickness to pop it outside on occasion, and gets yards after first contact.
He's also a great receiver and blocker who has the versatility to line up as a fullback or as a receiver in the slot. Lining up in the fullback position allowed the Auburn coaching staff to get him on the field more frequently, and also showcased his ability to pick up the blitz. Brown has excellent size, power, and quickness, and he is a very instinctive runner with good vision. As a receiver, Brown has good ball skills and adjusts well to the ball in the air and is dangerous after the catch.

Negatives:
Brown doesn't have the burst through the line that some of the other top prospects possess, and he displays just average elusiveness. And despite the fact that he has filled the void created by injury in the past, he has never been counted on completely as the No. 1 guy.

Projection:
Brown's versatility fits the pro game very well and he should cause mismatches in the passing game. He may not have the explosiveness of teammate Carnell Williams or the power of Cedric Benson from Texas, but he has better all-around skills than either of them and in my opinion, will ultimately be more successful at the pro level. I could see Brown being selected anywhere from the early teens overall to the end of the first round.

*He has good size, has some good power, and has alot of speed....Works for me :D

shouright said:
Sounds like Sammie Smith. I hate to give up a high pick for a RB. Too many of them don't pan out, and it's too easy to get one in free agency nowadays.
Too expensive for a team that's going to be rebuilding.

it would be counter productive to sign a FA RB because by the time we're ready to contend seriously, it would be about the same time the FAs contract would be uncarriable cap-wise.

Most people love sleepers...While Ronnie isn't unknown potential, he is a sleeper compared to Cadillac and Cedric.

Bling said:
Most people love sleepers...While Ronnie isn't unknown potential, he is a sleeper compared to Cadillac and Cedric.
Another sleeper to watch out for is Ciatrick Fason. He could grade out very well also.

That's why I keep saying that I wanna move down and take Brown a little later and still be able to get a LT. 2 is way too high for Brown imo. The guy that's worth of that number 2 is Edwards and WR is not a big need for us but if we stay put we have to consider him cos you don't use the 2 pick overall to take a guy that you should take at 10.

Ozzy rules!!

Ferretsquig said:
And that is how franchises are destroyed. Those who draft based on how fast a guy runs or how good he looks in a speedo deserve what they get.
I agree but you dont ignore them either. Its not like the guys came out of nowhere and put up a good combine. He is an all around back (as stated prior) with a great attitude. He can handle the load or split without complaint. He will pass protect, run block or flank as a wr. Whatever is needed. Oh and he runs a 4.4 and is 220lbs+ :D
I saw him listed as 235lbs and running a "sub 4.5 forty"

Agua said:
#2 is waaaaaayy too high for a projected RB.
Yup, thats why all us ronnie brown fans want to trade down no matter what. I dont care if we get "listed fair value" for the pick. As long as we can take Brown in the first and pick up a 2nd rounder and a pick next year (2nd round hopefully) I would make the trade in a heartbeat.

Cadilac is too small to be a feature back.

If we drafted him, we have to draft two RBs or draft him and sign another FA RB.

Not cost effective at all.

Back
Top Bottom